CA CA - Paula Schulze, 45, Laytonville, April 1995

burblestein

Reaction score
Paula Jan Schulze
Mendocino County Sheriff's Office Case # 95-1490
Date of birth: ca 1950
Residence: 1500 block Branscomb Road, Laytonville CA

Paula is a white female, 5 feet 6 inches tall, with red hair and hazel eyes. She was 45 years old when she vanished. One of her neighbors reported her missing on 13 April 1995 after realizing Paula hadn't been seen in a while.

LE investigation discovered that in early April Paula had been attending a hot springs resort in Lake County CA, east of Mendocino County. While there, she argued with one of her two companions. She walked off accompanied by her six dogs.That is the last known contact with her.

LE contact information:

Information concerning this case may be called in to the MCSO Tipline at 707-234-2100. Their Investigative Services Bureau may be emailed at barneys@co.mendocino.ca.us. The Sheriff's Office can also be reached at 951 Low Gap Road, Ukiah, CA 95482.

Sources:

Mendocino County Sheriff's Office website: http://www.mendocinosheriff.com/missing/index.html

Anderson Valley Advertiser, 10 October2015: http://www.willitsnews.com/general-...oking-for-missing-persons-in-mendocino-county

There is a maddening lack of detail in this account. I spent a decade in Lake County CA. A host of questions quickly arise from local knowledge.

Which hot springs resort? Harbin Springs on Cobb Mountain? Avalon Springs in Middletown CA? Those two are in the same vicinity, but not exactly next door to one another.

Wilbur Hot Springs is just over the Lake County boundary, to the east, in Colusa County. That's at the other end of Lake County from Middletown. And there used to be a hot springs within Clear Lake called Soda Springs, which may have still been in operation offshore of Lakeport in 1995. That should be checked out.

So who got Paula and her six beasties?The Dog Whisperer? No, really...what became of the six dogs? They may be key to the case. I mean, how can someone abduct a woman from the midst of a pack of dogs?

Could there be some institutional memory in Lake County animal control concerning these dogs? Not to be frivolous about this, but sort of a Legend of the Pack That Was. Simply because it would be an unusually large number of canines.

So who got Paula and her six beasties?The Dog Whisperer? No, really...what became of the six dogs? They may be key to the case. I mean, how can someone abduct a woman from the midst of a pack of dogs?

Could there be some institutional memory in Lake County animal control concerning these dogs? Not to be frivolous about this, but sort of a Legend of the Pack That Was. Simply because it would be an unusually large number of canines.

That's exactly where my train of thought was going. You would think some one would remember six dogs. Thanks for the thread burblestein!

Paula Jan Schulze
AD0495D8-FBBA-4644-A9B5-59CE21125463.jpeg D23EE14A-8CB0-4837-A2EB-E3A3E5C3FE93.jpeg
Missing Since: April 13, 1995
Missing From: Laytonville, California
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Weight: 130 pounds
Hair: Red
Eye color: Hazel

On April 13, 1995 the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office was contacted by a Laytonville, California resident who wanted to report the possible disappearance of Paula Jan Schulze. At this time, Schuzle resided in the 1500 block of Branscomb Road in Laytonville and had not been seen by residents for a few weeks.

An investigation was launched and Detectives learned through interviews that Schulze was last seen sometime in the beginning of April 1995. Schulze was reportedly with two friends in the "Hot Springs" area of Lake County when a verbal argument ensued between her and one of the friends. Schulze reportedly walked away from the friends with her six dogs and was never seen or heard from again.

Anyone with information in regards to the possible whereabouts or disappearance of Schulze are asked to contact the Sheriff's Office Tip-Line by calling 707-467-9159

Reactions: BRS
I was comparing Paula to this UID found in Miami-Dade County, Florida in February 2020, and I found some info on Ancestry.com that I believe pertains to Paula. Although, this would make her 5 years younger than what’s listed on her reports...
Paula Jan Reeves in the U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
Name: Paula Jan Reeves
[Paula Jan Stelk]
[Paula Schulze]
[Paula Busby]
[P Schulz]
Race: White
Birth Date: 10 Jan 1955
Birth Place: Bosier City, Louisiana
[Shrevport, Louisiana]
Death Date: Apr 1995
SSN: xxxxxxxxx
Notes:
Jan 1968: Name listed as PAULA JAN REEVES
Marriage to T.D. Stelk: 27 Jan 1970, McLennan, TX
Feb 1970: Name listed as PAULA JAN STELK
Marriage to D.A. Schulze: 13 Nov 1976, McLennan, TX
12 Aug 1977: Name listed as PAULA J SCHULZE
Divorce from Schulze: 22 Jan 1985, McLennan, TX (Number of Children: 1)
Sep: Name listed as PAULA JAN BUSBY
25 May 1995: Name listed as P SCHULZ
The UID has specific tattoos which is why I was searching for a missing person by the name of Paula. Here are their stats:

Estimated Age Range: 40-65 (65)
Measured Height: 5' 5" (5’6”)
Measured Weight: 137 lbs. (130)
Hair Color: Red/Auburn-reddish brown (red)
Eye Color: Brown (green)
- Tattoo of two skulls on the right chest
- The inscription “Ray” is on the right ankle
- Tattoo of a unicorn with “Paula” on the left chest
- Tattoo of a dove with a heart on the left arm
- Tattoo of a snake on the left thigh
- Tattoo of flowers that encircle the left wrist
Circumstances of Recovery: On February 7, 2020, the decedent was in the area of I-95 & Miami Gardens Drive. On February 8, 2020, she was pronounced deceased.
B9BC824D-485B-4702-8646-0991ED8F7151.jpeg

I was comparing Paula to this UID found in Miami-Dade County, Florida in February 2020, and I found some info on Ancestry.com that I believe pertains to Paula. Although, this would make her 5 years younger than what’s listed on her reports...

The UID has specific tattoos which is why I was searching for a missing person by the name of Paula. Here are their stats:

Estimated Age Range: 40-65 (65)
Measured Height: 5' 5" (5’6”)
Measured Weight: 137 lbs. (130)
Hair Color: Red/Auburn-reddish brown (red)
Eye Color: Brown (green)
- Tattoo of two skulls on the right chest
- The inscription “Ray” is on the right ankle
- Tattoo of a unicorn with “Paula” on the left chest
- Tattoo of a dove with a heart on the left arm
- Tattoo of a snake on the left thigh
- Tattoo of flowers that encircle the left wrist
Circumstances of Recovery: On February 7, 2020, the decedent was in the area of I-95 & Miami Gardens Drive. On February 8, 2020, she was pronounced deceased.
View attachment 238543
Any update on this potential match?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong