Identified! CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off CA hwy cliff, 30 Dec 2019-ID Tracey Sinclair

it scares me just looking at it - I sure wouldn't drive it regularly

Yet another reason why I would never live in California. I was actually in a horrible wreck, as a witness, on Highway 1. People drive that road way to fast. It twists and turns, and drivers behind can't "see" why the car in front of them is driving slower/slowly.

Not unlike so many roads in California.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article239369388.html
Diaz added that it’s not shocking so few people witnessed the car going over the cliff.
“It’s completely reasonable to think that there’s only two witnesses,” Diaz said.
“If you travel down State Route 1 at that time of day, it’s usually a time of day when most people are at work.
The towns are pretty spread out through there.”
Diaz said authorities have combed through missing person and vehicle reports looking for clues, with little clear success.
But he said CHP’s plea for help from the public yielded new leads.
“We got leads from all over the country,” Diaz said. “There are solid leads, but I don’t have any identifiers — we still don’t know who the parties are.”
The car hasn’t been found, either.
Car parts have washed up on nearby beaches, though, and authorities are sorting through those as well, Diaz said.

From the photos of the area it looks like parts of the car would have shattered on the rocks below.
But it's empty now as if everything was swept out to sea. :(

Articles say the base of that cliff has water that reaches up to 40 feet deep.
Possibly it cleared the rocks ..went straight into 40 ft of water.
Maybe the tides & time will break the car up, bring in some clues.

MOO

From the photos of the area it looks like parts of the car would have shattered on the rocks below.
But it's empty now as if everything was swept out to sea. :(

[bbm]

what do you mean? have you seen recent (since the incident) pictures ?

Police searching for car seen in video driving off highway cliff in California
Here’s a video right after. It does look like no trace, nothing down there IMO.

thank you. I hadn't seen that before - really emphasizes how dangerous and wild it is!

two minor things that bug me about the reporter's description - he says the driver pans the camera over but I don't see that - I think it's a stationary car camera on the dash - also he says it's a multi-lane highway ... I thought it was just two lanes (I guess technically that's multi-lane but multi usually indicates more than two)

the camera thing could be important if people suspect a fake

It’s a beautiful drive. You just have to watch your speed and keep your eyes on the road.

When I have driven it what’s has surprised me the most is the large number of cyclists on the road. They often use it for training.

Yes, i just drove the PCH for first time in November and fell in love. So breathtaking... At times felt ready and motivated to trade Colorado for California. :) Still have my moments...

I agree with you 100%. Watching your speed and keeping eyes on road is the ticket. I didn't get butterfly or a "oh crap" feeling once... Half Moon Bay was one of my favorite stops.... Ahhh, California Dreaming...:rolleyes:

thank you. I hadn't seen that before - really emphasizes how dangerous and wild it is!

two minor things that bug me about the reporter's description - he says the driver pans the camera over but I don't see that - I think it's a stationary car camera on the dash - also he says it's a multi-lane highway ... I thought it was just two lanes (I guess technically that's multi-lane but multi usually indicates more than two)

the camera thing could be important if people suspect a fake

The initial report was puzzling because it sounded like the person had time to take the camera out and pan before the car came across, but I think that was just careless wording. The camera does seem to move a bit but I think that's because the car it's mounted on was moving. The multi-lane thing is just weird but maybe they meant two-way. I dunno.

HEY EVERYONE,
WE NEED YOUR HELP! IT'S FREE AND TAKES JUST A FEW SECONDS!
CLICK HERE AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k
We are past the halfway mark. We need 1000 subscribers before we can go live with something called "Smart Chat". Using Smart Chat to broadcast live will help Websleuths continue to operate.
Right now at Websleuths youtube, we have the latest Websleuths Radio Podcast with Leigh Egan from Crimeoneline.com Leigh updates us on the Heidi Broussard case, Paighton Houston and so much more.
Click on the link and hit the "Subscribe" button and help Websleuths.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k

Thank you,
Tricia

I just caught up on reading this thread and thought you all might be interested to know there has been some speculation that the car going over the cliff could have been driven by the POI's in a case of 2 children missing from Idaho-- Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan (link to their current discussion thread is in my signature). It is only speculation, however, it's based on the mother of the missing children saying to a friend in the past that she would drive off a cliff if she thought the end of the world was coming. :eek:

The POI mother of JJ and Tylee, Lori Vallow is "on the run" with her new husband Chad Daybell-- their whereabouts and their current vehicle is unknown (at least to us-- police have not said if they know where they are and haven't put out warrants for their arrest yet). Police have said the POIs left Idaho and the children were not with them when they left. The new husband is an author of LDS-based end-times/doomsday type fiction books and also claims he sees visions of the future in real life. The main speculation has been that they could be in hiding waiting for "the end of the world" but Lori also made the disturbing comments about driving off a cliff. So it could, theoretically, be them although we don't have any info connecting them to that model of car or that part of California. There's a lot more going on in that case as well-- including multiple unexplained deaths of people close to the POI couple. Anyway, come join us in the JJ and Tylee threads to discuss more-- we have a media thread and a detailed timeline to help you get caught up. :)

I hope that whoever it was who drove off the cliff is eventually located/identified. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back