Identified! CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off CA hwy cliff, 30 Dec 2019-ID Tracey Sinclair

Another possibility running through my mind is someone faking their own death. Unlikely, but there’s no info out there to speculate much else besides the obvious suicide. I hope today brings some answers. If my loved one was missing and drove that kind of vehicle I’d be talking to police. So maybe they already are. though it could be a rental. But in that case rental company would be alerted because I’m sure there is gps in it.
Who knows.

Police searching for car seen in video driving off highway cliff in California - ABC News
"...It was not clear how many occupants were in the vehicle at the time ..."

"...Police said they believe the car plunged away from the jagged cliff embankment into the water below, which they estimated to be 30 to 40 feet deep..."

Sad video in this article.
Shades of the Hart family tragedy.

Dramatic video shows car plunging off cliff on California coast

"...The video, released by the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday, shows what was described by the Coast Guard as a dark-green Lexus SUV speeding along the shoulder before driving off the cliff without appearing to slow down..."

I'd like to think it was accidental.
In 30-40 feet of water they'll be hard to locate. :(
Can you have someone put date in title?

We're all just going to have to wait until the waters calm and divers can go in.
It bothers me thinking about that person/s in the SUV- that there seems to be no one who misses him/her/them :(
I could understand it if the person driving lived alone, didn't work, and perhaps wasn't one to be in contact with others that often. A loner, or a retired person living alone who could have had a medical event occur.
The video and event haunt me. Prayers for all responders, searchers and that pour soul/s.

Do we have any views looking down at the water? How far is it down? Is it Rocky? How deep is it? How strong is the surf? Strong I imagine. It’s obviously challenging water terrain if searches haven’t yielded anything so far. I’d like to see what it looks like looking down (or up for that matter) if anyone has a pic, tia.

I would expect a rental to be missed by now.
I'd expect a local to be noticed missing.
I wonder if it's someone that is traveling and not expected back for a while.
That's what I was wondering. Maybe someone was traveling up the coast, on a solitary road trip.

So no one knows they are missing just yet? And if it is a rental, no one would recognise the vehicle.

It looks to me like it is intentional. The car was going is fast and aiming right for the cliff, no attempt to swerve or slow down....I hope we eventually solve this tragic mystery.

Do we have any views looking down at the water? How far is it down? Is it Rocky? How deep is it? How strong is the surf? Strong I imagine. It’s obviously challenging water terrain if searches haven’t yielded anything so far. I’d like to see what it looks like looking down (or up for that matter) if anyone has a pic, tia.
I believe I read 30-40 feet deep.

This video shows views looking down on water from cliff
Police searching for car seen in video driving off highway cliff in California

Been following and from one of the comments in this news link the person feels that the Video may have been faked because they are saying they dont see any dust behind the wheels as it goes into the parking area and off the cliff.

I tried to slow down the video and I also do not see any dust which I would expect some dust to be trailing behind the wheels. I cant tell if the spokes are turning on the wheels, but even if the wheels are turning then without seeing dust, it does bring up the possibility that the video itself was maybe faked?

If that vehicle really did fly off that cliff, then my guess right now is the driver fell asleep at the wheel. I dont see any braking either so if a person dozed off , then the car may have done just what it did.

Its a scary video to watch. I hope LE is able to get to the bottom of what happened and if it was a fake video I hope LE charges the person with something because it is costing money for LE to investigate and of course danger to themseles as they try to look around that dangerous cliff and maybe even put divers in the water which would be risk to their lives.

Police searching for car seen in video driving off highway cliff in California

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back