GUILTY CA - Quee Chadwick, 46, found deceased, Newport Beach, 9 Oct 2012 *husband arrested in 2019*

Peter Chadwick’s life on the run
After being charged for his wife's murder, Peter Chadwick went missing in January 2015. Investigators now know that he was hiding out in Mexico. After Chadwick’s capture, Newport Beach Police Chief Jon Lewis spoke about what Chadwick had been doing for all those years on the run.

U.S. Marshal Craig McCluskey told "48 Hours" that a previous edition of the broadcast – which aired in May – focused on the case caused Chadwick to alter his life while on the run and ultimately helped lead to his capture.

"He said when he saw that episode, he realized his situation had escalated a lot," McCluskey told correspondent Tracy Smith. "Because he didn't realize the U.S. Marshals were after him at that point."

How was Chadwick able to elude those trying to find him for so long? And what happens next?

After nearly five years on the run, the international manhunt for Peter Chadwick -- accused of killing his wife Q.C. -- ended on August 4.

peter-chadwick-custody.jpg

"48 Hours" had the only news crew on scene when Peter Chadwick, who disappeared in 2015 after he was charged with killing his wife, landed in Los Angeles. CBS NEWS
CHIEF JON LEWIS | NEWPORT BEACH POLICE [to reporters]: We're pleased to announce that Peter Gregory Chadwick was located in Mexico on Sunday night … With the help and cooperation of the United States Marshal's Office and authorities in Mexico, he was flown to Los Angeles International Airport where our detectives took custody of him.

How did it come to this? It's a twisted tale that began on a picture-perfect autumn day in October 2012, in a posh neighborhood in Newport Beach, California.

The couple had been living the good life, enjoying the trappings of wealth and raising three sons. Their oldest was away at boarding school and when his two younger brothers returned home on Oct. 10, the family's world turned upside down.

Tracy Smith: So, these boys got out of school and what happened?

Sgt. Ryan Peters | Newport Beach Police Dept.: They get out of school and a bus drops 'em off at a bus stop near their house.

Sergeant Ryan Peters remembers that day.
Continued @Peter Chadwick caught: Fugitive murder suspect goes from real estate millionaire to bussing tables during years on the run

Legally Bland said:
Yeah that's fine. I'm in Europe too, so can only access the site on when I'm on my pc using a VPN.

Thanks! I'll put you down in my notes. :)

Monday, Sept. 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am) - CA – Quee Choo Lim (QC) Chadwick (46) (Oct. 10, 2012, Newport Beach; found Oct. 19, 2012) – *Peter Gregory Chadwick (48/now 55) arrested & charged (10/11/12) & arraigned (10/15/12) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Is/was free on bond. After capture (8/4/19) held without bond.
12/21/12: Chadwick was released on $1 million bond in December 21, 2012 and made 13 court appearances before failing to appear at another 0n January 5, 2015. A naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in the United Kingdom, Chadwick had his British and American passports seized when he made bail.
1/16/15: was scheduled for pretrial hearing & was a no-show. Judge issued arrest warrant. 2/22/15: Judge increased arrest warrant to $5M. Nov. 2017: Now faces federal charges of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. 9/18/18 Update: Added to U.S. Marshall’s 15 most wanted fugitive list. Reward $100K.
9/20/18 Update: The Newport Beach Police Dept. announced “Countdown to Capture” this week, a six-part, true-crime pod cast will lead to the capture of a millionaire fugitive suspected of killing his wife, detailing how Peter Chadwick became a suspect in his wife’s 2012 murder and went from being a business and family man to a fugitive. A search of his home yielded several books detailing how someone can change their identity and live on the run.
8/4/19 Update: Captured in San Andrés Cholula, Puebla, Mexico (south of Mexico City). Transferred to Los Angeles on 8/5/19. Chadwick used such aliases as Paul Cook, Paul Craig and John Franklin. Singer alleged that Chadwick received some "assistance" from family members, and Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer said the case was being reviewed to consider whether further charges are warranted or anyone could be charged with aiding and abetting the accused killer. Pretrial hearing on 8/7.
8/7/19 Update: A judge ruled Chadwick would be held without bail, but his lawyer reserved the right to request bail in the future. A pretrial hearing was postponed until Sept. 16.

Last edited:
Friday, October 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am) - CA – Quee Choo Lim (QC) Chadwick (46) (Oct. 10, 2012, Newport Beach; found Oct. 19, 2012) – *Peter Gregory Chadwick (48/now 55) arrested & charged (10/11/12) & arraigned (10/15/12) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Is/was free on bond. After capture (8/4/19) held without bond.
Court info from 12/21/12 thru 8/7/19 reference post #44 here:
Found Deceased - CA - Quee Chadwick, 46, Newport Beach, 9 Oct 2012 *husband arrested in 2019*

9/16/19 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 10/18.

Thanks a bunch Legally Bland! :)

Friday, February 7th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am) - CA – Quee Choo Lim (QC) Chadwick (46) (Oct. 10, 2012, Newport Beach; found Oct. 19, 2012) – *Peter Gregory Chadwick (48/now 55) arrested & charged (10/11/12) & arraigned (10/15/12) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Is/was free on bond. After capture (8/4/19) held without bond.
Court info from 12/21/12 thru 8/7/19 reference post #44 here:
Found Deceased - CA - Quee Chadwick, 46, Newport Beach, 9 Oct 2012 *husband arrested in 2019*

9/16/19 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 10/18. 10/18/19: Next pretrial hearing on 2/7/20.

@Legally Bland - can I bother to look up & see if there might be a next court date yet? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

@Legally Bland - can I bother to look up & see if there might be a next court date yet? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
I don't know if they've changed their website or I'm having brain-freeze, but I can't access the hearing list anymore, just very, very basic details for the case. I've searched the court calendar too and there's nothing from today till 21 March (maximum range I could search).

Nothing in MSM either.

Sorry.

I don't know if they've changed their website or I'm having brain-freeze, but I can't access the hearing list anymore, just very, very basic details for the case. I've searched the court calendar too and there's nothing from today till 21 March (maximum range I could search).

Nothing in MSM either.

Sorry.

No need to say you're sorry! :)
Did you try going into the site from your link on your post #52? Sometimes that works for me when my bookmarks don't work. Just asking! :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|
Back