CA - Robert Limon, 38, murdered, Tehachapi, 17 Aug 2014

Well the defence case fizzled out spectacularly yesterday. Sabrina was not happy with her lawyer Mr. Terry and was huffing and puffing, shaking her head and rolling her eyes on the stand. The innocent little girl lost act of last week was gone and she really showed her true colours. He got her off the stand as quick as he could and when asked if he had any further questions Mr. Smith the prosecutor said 'no' and she was shocked. The whole thing just ground to an awkward stop ... and I think then she realised she'd slipped up badly. It will be live on youtube today for anyone interested - jury instructions then the closing arguments from both sides.

She's facing a lot of charges and she's surely going to be found guilty on at least some of them if not 'murder' itself. If she walks then it will be the biggest miscarriage of justice since Casey Anthony. In my view, and the view of almost everyone commentating on the live feed .. Sabrina is as guilty as they come .. and I can only hope and pray that the jury sees it that way.

I've gone back and watched some of Hern's direct and he is way more believable than she is. I'm amazed at the amount of planning that went into this. Even to the point of changing the look of his motorcycle. I'm not sure what he plead to but both deserve to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

her goose is cooked, but then again in the bella bond case, I saw much different than the jury did so....

Well it's with the jury now. I was worried yesterday when Terry did his 'emotional' closing. At times he went off on inexplicable tangents, like questioning Hearn's version of how he killed Rob. It was absolutely pointless and has no bearing on her guilt or complicity at all. Presumably he was doing it trying to somehow prove that Hearn is a liar, but it backfired spectacularly. Hearn has admitted everything - it makes no sense for him to lie about the modus operandi, plus his account of the shooting is backed up by the ballistics/forensics. Sabrina Limon on the other hand has lied at every single opportunity and it has been easy for the prosecution to expose those lies - again supported by evidence 'in her own words' calls, texts, written in cards, and notes and so on. All Terry succeeded in doing with his lengthy diatribe, was boring the courtroom and those watching. Even the judge was yawning spectacularly throughout the defence closing. What I found in particularly poor taste was the use of the children in his final plea to the jury 'these kids have already lost their dad, don't take away their mom'.

Thankfully, Smith addressed this immediately in his summation. He was pithy, concise, cited evidence to back up his arguments (unlike Terry who just cited theories and hypothesis) and I think has done enough to get her convicted. I do hope so. She is facing an array of charges and it would beggar belief that she would get away with all of them.

She is not a likeable individual in the sense that she did not come across at all well in court. During the prosecution case she was sullen, slumped in her chair, continually shaking her head and grimacing and hiding behind her hair.

When she was called to the stand by her lawyer she came alive, all cutesy smiles and little girl lost looks as well as smiles, shrugs and exasperated looks to the jury of the 'I'm so bewildered as to why I'm even here' kind. It was frankly embarrassing at times and so transparent. Then on the penultimate day, Mr Terry clearly did something to upset his client. When called to the stand she was visibly annoyed, tight lipped, rolling her eyes and shaking her head and the little girl lost act had been dropped. Her attorney, clearly realising something was up, got her off the stand as quickly as possible and the defence case fizzled out.

During the closing statement and summation by the prosecutor she was back to slumping in her chair, shaking her head, and mumbling and grumbling to herself. Also her body language sitting next to Mr Terry again reflected she is not happy with him. She never glanced or spoke to him once and was turned away from him, almost showing him her back - as much as you can be when sitting directly next to someone.

Personally if I were on that jury I would vote Guilty in a heartbeat. No doubt at all in my mind of her guilt. However, we all know how juries can surprise us, so all we can do is wait.

Oh and I now understand the significance of the infamous Snow Globe.

She talked all the time about how her plans for a life with Jonathan Hearn were just a 'fantasy' and nothing she would ever have followed through on.

The Snow Globe (which was apparently referred to in one of their conversations as an item for their eventual home together) was shown in court as evidence, alongside other references (texts, cards, conversations etc.) that far from being a 'fantasy' she was actively planning for this 'new life/home together' because you don't actually go out and purchase items for a 'fantasy'. She was buying stuff for their eventual new home.

Tick tock. Anyone think the jury will settle on a verdict today?

KGET News‏ @KGETnews
Sabrina Limon Trial - 10/3/2017 - Day 16, part 2: http://youtu.be/8Fct1b-FKew?a

Not sure. I've found someone on twitter who is there and just posted that the jury are on a break, laughing and joking in the corridor.

It's difficult as I'm in the UK and 8 hours ahead of the time in Bakersfield, CA. There seems to be hardly any news anywhere about this trial, mainly local.

I don't really know where else to check for when a verdict comes in so if anyone here on Websleuth hears anything can you post straight away on this thread? I will keep checking here as well as with the person on twitter.

Many thanks
x

Jessica Harrington‏ @Jessica23ABC
Just got an update. See pic below. @23ABCNews #SabrinaLimon

DLVFGitUEAA9vjH.jpg

Court On Camera‏ @courtcam17 [video=twitter;915716621100109824]https://twitter.com/courtcam17/status/915716621100109824[/video]

Court On Camera Retweeted Court On Camera
Soooo Part 9-19 was the snow globe found in Jonathan Hearn's house......hmmmmm #SabrinaLimon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammy Davis Jr
Back