CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

Discussion in 'Rose Cole' started by itsreenw, Jul 3, 2006.

1. GoldenFleece

GoldenFleece New Member

New to this thread, I have not read most the thread(s).

I came here as I was looking at a Jane Doe found in LA county, near the Hollywood Hills. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/584ufca.html

It brought me to Rose Lena Cole and to here. Do we have any clue at what Rose Lena Cole was wearing when she disappeared?

Interestingly the Jane Doe had a tooth extracted 4 months prior to death and 6 months prior to death. I have read that Synanon did physically abuse children and it seems odd to me that a dentist would take two teeth out in a 2 month interval. The Jane Doe did match up in characteristics with Rose Lena Cole. Maybe Cole tried to hitchhike to LA? Would like your opinion.

2. Fukiyama

Fukiyama Well-Known Member

Welcome to the thread.

On your question of what she might have been wearing, there's no way to know as there is no real way to know exactly when she left beyond a few letters she sent. Regarding a possible move to LA, anything is possible, but again, those letters indicate she stayed in the San Francisco area for awhile.

3. Odyssey

Odyssey Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye

I haven't been here in ages, and just happened to be revisiting some cases today.

Quite some time ago, I purchased a book that contained interviews of Chinatown in the early 1970's. I really thought it was going to be helpful, as I found in the 1973 city directory that almost all of the Chinatown residents at that time were Chinese. I figured Rose might have stood out while living there.

I had difficulty locating most of the names, it seems the older generations tend not to be online. I tried contacting a few but was not sure if I had the right people and never got any reply. I also contacted a Chinatown Historical Society sort of website and asked if they could recommend anyone I could talk to, they did not respond either.

I did a google street view and went around Chinatown and really didn't see any big house like Rose had described. It's mostly apartment buildings or apartments that are above the storefronts.

There were a couple listings for "benevolent society" or "benevolent association" (I forget which) in the city directory that seemed to house a very large number of people, but all of the people had Chinese names. Perhaps these were some sort of homeless shelters in a large building and could be what Rose was referring to?

4. Fukiyama

It's also possible that the Chinatown angle is a red herring in that Rose didn't know what she was talking about. As an out-of-towner, her idea of Chinatown and our well-informed idea of Chinatown may be two different things. Compare Little Italy in NY, which conjures images of The Godfather, but today is not much more than a strip of Italian restaurants. Rose may have been told where she was was in Chinatown even though it wasn't or was just close to Chinatown.

Food for thought on that.

5. paul1980

paul1980 Member

Sadly, i think acolytes of the cult tracked her down and killed her. As mentioned, they did not just let people leave.

6. Fukiyama

Are you familiar with Synanon?

7. paul1980

paul1980 Member

No i was reading the old threads and seeing the sorts of things Synanon got up to.

8. TearsoftheSea

TearsoftheSea New Member

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457396905875606495/

If this isn't allowed I apologize, the girl in the pic looks like maybe she could be Rose......there is also this pic.......

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457396905875630698/

I know I read somewhere in one of the threads that she had visited the Synanon Ranch at one point....
    I know a lot of people have wondered why no one remembered RC seeing how she was one of the youngest girls there, but I wonder if she couldn't pass as older, I have friends who could have passed for 19-22 at 15....just a thought....

dotr, Laughing and Savemecastiel like this.
  9. Fukiyama

She was at Synanon, yes. The thread was visited early on by someone who had been at Synanon at around the same time who was able to contact friends. A few vaguely remembered Rose. She really wasn't there that long before she left and made her way to SF.

dotr, Laughing and Savemecastiel like this.
  10. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

11. ivonne

ivonne Member

[QUOTE = "B.Cole, post: 10957901, miembro: 120892"] Creo que tenía 9 o 10 años la última vez que vi a Pose. Fue en Decatur, Al en la casa de mi abuela. No estoy seguro si alguien en nuestra familia ha tenido noticias de él desde entonces. Me gustó Pose que era como mi tío favorito. Nadie entiende por qué no se pone en contacto con su familia nunca más. [/ QUOTE]

There are several similarities between the two: the face, hair color, height, weight. The Doe was a fugitive and mentioned that she lived in Michigan. The dates also agree. I am sorry for my bad english.
    2368DFCA - Rose Lena Cole
    67UFFL

dotr likes this.
  12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Copper likes this.