Found Deceased CA - Ryan Singleton, 24, Baker, 9 July 2013

So, I guess in all these other cases here where there was extreme decomp and just skeletal remains were found, there were no organs there either? So, technically, many of these other threads could have "missing organs" next to them as well? With the publicity now in this case, I'm sure LE will be making an official statement soon. I feel kind of stupid honestly for not realizing that many skeletal remains found are missing their organs...duh. But the way this whole story unfolded and the way the mother was talking...sorry for the multiple posts, this one really grabbed me. But, as I said above, if this case turns out to be as it was initially presented, well, then, there are lots of places to start looking as far as hinkiness and crazy coincidences go.

R.I.P. Ryan.

I do hope you are right. I would like to hear an official statement as well.

Don't feel stupid...I was on the same page as you

I think what might have caused confusion for Ryan's poor mother, and for many who read the story, is the fact that the body was said to be "mostly intact" with the internal organs missing. A body exposed in the heat of a desert will decompose differently than a body in a humid or mixed environment. Before reaching the skeletal stage, mummification often occurs. Skin tissue will toughen and provide a protective shell for the insect activity and autolysis which occurs internally. On the exterior, the body appears "intact".
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2738563
https://digital.library.txstate.edu/bitstream/handle/10877/4068/fulltext.pdf (See pdf p. 33, p. 24 of the report.)

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS

http://www.academia.dk/BiologiskAntropologi/Tafonomi/PDF/ArpadVass_2001.pdf

Thanks Bessie. I was actually wondering about mummification due to the extreme heat. I went to a Mummy exhibit last spring and it was quite fascinating to me.

margartia - You are the not the only one! And it is almost All Hallows Eve...

I am really thinking killed for organs, I mean really - How often do we hear that a decomposed body that was found was missing such specific organs????? JMO

I think there was a similar case here in Los Angeles not too long ago. iirc, it was a head that was found that had a missing torso and there was speculation that the body was missing due to stealing of organs. There were also ties to Vegas traveling--the victim of the murder traveled back and forth quite a bit from LA to Vegas.

I might be confusing cases, but I really hope not because stories like this are very distinct.

I think there was a similar case here in Los Angeles not too long ago. iirc, it was a head that was found that had a missing torso and there was speculation that the body was missing due to stealing of organs. There were also ties to Vegas traveling--the victim of the murder traveled back and forth quite a bit from LA to Vegas.

I might be confusing cases, but I really hope not because stories like this are very distinct.

Interesting, thanks for posting. Ties to LA and Vegas? Looking for msm on this.

The first thing I thought of when reading this article was that the eyes, heart, lungs, liver and kidneys are all organs that can be used for transplants. I hope that maybe the FBI can get involved in this case. I think there's a LOT more that is involved in this case. I hope we hear from his friends that went with him on this trip. ( watch the news video ). I'm no typist, is there anyone who could transcribe the news video and interview with Ryan's mom?

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/237515...nd-in-california-missing-organs#ixzz2iSUyopxQ

TIA

From the clip....

A spokesman for the San Bernardino County coroner's office told Franco, "Right now there is no cause of death. The body was severely decomposed. Animals might have been involved. The case has been sent to the specialized case division because it deserves more attention than we can give it."

At 1:28 in video details Ryan last seen on video footage from AM-PM store in baker and his body was found 1.5 miles behind it...Not word for word my player is acting goofy.

I'm at a loss here.

Can't imagine what his mom is going thru.

Peace to her and those that love Ryan.

:rose: for Ry-Si - YOU were really something!

From the clip....
A spokesman for the San Bernardino County coroner's office told Franco, "Right now there is no cause of death. The body was severely decomposed. Animals might have been involved. The case has been sent to the specialized case division because it deserves more attention than we can give it."

...and from the same article
The San Bernardino County coroner's office did not give a timeline for when they will conclude their investigation.

I thought they sent the case to a specialized case division. Which is it?

The first thing I thought of when reading this article was that the eyes, heart, lungs, liver and kidneys are all organs that can be used for transplants. I hope that maybe the FBI can get involved in this case. I think there's a LOT more that is involved in this case. I hope we hear from his friends that went with him on this trip. ( watch the news video ). I'm no typist, is there anyone who could transcribe the news video and interview with Ryan's mom?

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/237515...nd-in-california-missing-organs#ixzz2iSUyopxQ

TIA

There were no friends with him on the trip when he went missing, you misunderstood the anchor's words.

Was that the woman who was walking her dog and found the head - it was somewhere near the Hollywood sign? That area is nowhere near where Ryan was found. I don't recall anything in the story about missing organs, but I didn't follow after the first few reports.

WARNING GRAPHIC

The Rate of Decay in a Corpse
Author: Jack Claridge - Updated: 4 September 2013
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/the-rate-of-decay-in-a-corpse.html

"that the internal organs of the deceased will begin to decay in a particular order; beginning with the intestines, which as well as holding bacteria also hold various levels of acidic fluid which – when unable to circulate – begin to eat through their surrounding tissues. As the intestinal organs decay so too do the liver, kidneys, lungs and brain. "

The Five Stages of Decomposition has pictures
http://forensics4fiction.com/2011/12/10/the-five-stages-of-decomposition/

<*Ok, that's enough for me. I'm done with that!>

This is excellent - hopefully people will pay attention to this information and stop with the organ harvesting. Figuring out how he was killed would seem more important, but we might never know.

She says she'll never forget the call from police.

Ms. Flowers said. "There were no organs. He said ma'am, there were no eyes, there was no heart, there was no lungs, there was no liver, there were no kidneys."

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/237515...nd-in-california-missing-organs#ixzz2iR3doJ6y

They should be able to tell how the organs were removed.
Did they just decompose? Were they surgically removed? Were they clawed out?

The eyes are kind of a big one... that'd be tough for animals to get to...
Ok this is out there but ...
I'm going to comment anyway.

Hmm... wouldn't all of these organs (possibly) be useful as far as toxicology/ disease is concerned?
No eyes - virtuous fluid
No kidneys or liver - microscopic and drug levels
Heart /lungs-? Not sure but it seems sections of those are also taken for microscopic to determined cause of death.

Sounds more like he was used as a "lab rat " so to speak and the organs were removed to hide what drugs/ illness he had been given/ exposed to. The organs removed in the event his body was found before decomposition or animals got him?

His brain would quickly turn to mush. However it can be removed through the nose...
Wasn't there a case recently about a body with no brain?

It doesn't sound like organ harvesting but who knows!

Mableton isn't too far from me!
I hope he didn't meet these people in GA!
I don't like this at all.
Moo
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.policemag.com/cop-slang/canoe-maker.aspx

Hmm removing the internal organs is also known as canoeing....

Canoe maker is slang for medical examiners

Learn something new every day.
Maybe its a new serial killer making his mark...
Or just random!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure if we will ever know the COD

I have only driven through Death valley once, many years ago

If a person had car trouble or something, would it be easy to head in the wrong direction, get lost and be overcome with heat exhaustion?

I am also a bit confused
When was the car found? Early into his disappearance?

AmPm is located at 72097 Baker Blvd Baker.

Snipped...

Ms. Flowers says Singleton left Atlanta in early July, traveled to Los Angeles in a rented car and drove to New Mexico, Arizona and Las Vegas. She was told his car was found in the Death Valley desert a few miles from Baker. He was last seen at a gas station in Baker in July.

Iris says more in the video. Im not sure how to take it --- not sure if car and body were in same location...

But how long could/would a car be left sitting and unattended out there before someone noticed....and what about the rental company - were they wondering where their unit was...??? Did it have gps location type gadget...???

:dunno:

I watched the video what a sweetheart. I really do believe he had a lot of potential. Such a shame.

I never did believe there was anything related to organ harvesting. It was decomp. He was in the desert for some time.

I don't know if the mother just misunderstood or what.

He still could have ran into the wrong person and met with foul play or maybe he ran out of gas or had car trouble in the desert.

Hopefully there will be an official statement. Something more than just from friends or family. The organ harvesting conspiracy comments under the articles are out of control. I hope "that" part can be cleared up and put to rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back