CA CA - San Diego, Rancho Bernardo hiking trail, WhtMale, Baby Doe, 2-4, UP51183, in duffel bag, 2004

You have to wonder why the extra clothes and the adult clothes were in the duffel with the body, don't you?

I was thinking about that too. And also, maybe an old fashion thought, the shirt on the body, looks like something a girl would wear. Did they ever subtracted DNA from any of the clothes?

450x253

Last edited:
Also this picture raises questions, at least with me. According to Namus these clothes (besides others) were found near the body (in the duffel bag) The green shirt is size 8, the blue vest is size 3T. I thought they were found apart from each other but on the picture it looks like the green shirt is in the blue vest...or to put it differently the vest looks to be over the green shirt.....or are my eyes fooling me? There are inconsistencies about if these clothes were on the body, in some descriptions they say that and it looks like that on this picture. Then Namus says near the body....confusing.
Thumbnail

Last edited:
It does not look feminine to me. Rather a man who wants to look tough/

This shirt was on the body, according to Namus. It has a cartoon girl with ponytails and pink heart sunglasses on the front. It is a size 5. It looks like a girl's pajamas to me. The other clothes look for a boy/male.
upload_2021-6-12_10-28-37.png

Last edited:
A hand me down maybe a clue that he had an older sister?

Yes, possible. I'm trying to think of a scenario based on the clothes and other stuff (blanket and red cloth f.i.) found.

3266UMCA - Unidentified Male
3266UMCA1.jpg
3266UMCA3.jpg
3266UMCA.jpg
3266UMCA4.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim by NCMEC
Photos of clothing and duffle bag at link

Date of Discovery: May 4, 2004
Location of Discovery: Rancho Bernardo, San Diego County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 1999-2003
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Presumed homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 2-4 years old
Race: Unknown; most likely White
Sex: Male
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Light to medium brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Child-sized red warm-up pants with white stripes down the sides of the pant legs, a blue vest with a gray hood with "Football Power" and a yellow football player on the front (French Toast brand, size 3T), a green sweatshirt with "Winter Fever" and a cartoon surfer on the front ("Worm_El" brand, size 8), and a long sleeved red sweatshirt with a cartoon girl with ponytails and pink heart sunglasses on the front (size 5). Long sleeved tan/black/red casual shirt (adult size extra large) with "Kamikaze" printed on the front and "Racing Team" printed on the back. 14 fragments of a red satin-type cloth, fragments of red mesh cloth and fragments of a red ribbed cloth.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: Tan and yellow blanket with fringe trim. Gray-tan socks with red trim at the top. Green/tan canvas travel/duffel bag with leather handles.

Circumstances of Discovery
The child's body was discovered in a duffel bag in Rancho Bernardo, California, near the I-15 exit in San Diego, with several articles of clothing and a blanket.

Isotope testing by the University of South Florida indicated the victim's mother had spent a portion of her pregnancy in the Southeastern part of the United States. The child was likely born in that area and spent the first year of his life there. They would later travel to California.

He may have spent time in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas before his death.

The victim is known as "Baby Doe" to investigators. A $1,000 reward is offered for his identity, that of his parents and/or details surrounding his death.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Tessa Lee
Agency Phone Number: 858-694-2895
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2004-00913

Agency Name: San Diego Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: Sgt. Paul Coney
Agency Phone Number: 619-531-2000
Agency Case Number: 04-029569

Agency Name: San Diego Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 619-531-2293
Agency E-Mail: sdso.homicide(at)sdsheriff.org
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: Crime Stoppers
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 888-580-8477
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U670006738
NamUs Case Number: 51183
NCMEC Case Number 1184439

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
San Diego Crime Stoppers
CBS 8 (archived)

Admin Notes
Added: 6/13/19 Last Updated: 6/13/19

What do you guys think of Wesley Dale Morgan as a match? Age and time match up perfectly, as well as isotopics since he was from Louisiana! I think he looks just like Baby Doe.

Other than Wesley, I couldn't help but think of Yousef Almetnawy as being a plausible match too! The age, timing and facial structure all are extremely similar to me, especially in the face shape and distance in eye sockets. Missing from Texas means that he matches with isotopics too, and was suspected to have been taken as far as California!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back