Identified! CA - San Mateo Co, WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83 *name withheld*

I think because cases concerning transpeople are more difficult to crack and also much more sensitive and have more layers. LE has to search under birthname and name and it often still involves friends and family members that may have grown distant when the person became trans for various reasons. The new circle of friends may not know as much about their new member. Also, in some cases (certainly of course not all) there is sexwork involved and often also hatecrimes and serial killers. Transpeople are among the most vulnerable social groups. So I understand LE cannot release any name at this point. Also for Live Oak Doe. Investigation is probably still ongoing.

I am happy they are identified.

And I dont think our Doe was born Michael Small. Timeline does not fit well.

Jmoo

Interesting - it looks like it’s back in unidentified on SMC website.
His individual page doesn’t mention that he’s been identified, I don’t know why.. It’s listed in the Identified section though, and there’s a small note under his case that he’s been identified in 2020 by DNA. The note is only visible in the list on Identified cases.

At a quick glance, other Identified Does have a note that they’ve been identified and a couple don’t. Maybe it has to do to their families requesting privacy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back