Found Deceased CA - Shane Rollman, 31, Camp Verde, 13 Sept 2020 *Car found in Rimrock, AZ*

NotInMyHouse

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Shane is a 31 y/o male with blue eyes and brown hair. He is 5'9 approx 190lbs. He was last seen in West covina CA Sept 12th. His vehicle was located Sept 23 at a rest stop near Rimrock AZ (McGuireville Rest Area). His family is now on scene and working with LE and SAR.

*modnote*/ msm link added for opening

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 9.19.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 9.19.40 AM.png
    540.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
A new member @NotInMyHouse asked me to start this thread for their friend, Shane Rollman.

An adult male, 30, a former student of mine and now friend. Last seen in So. California on 9/12/20 & his car, a white BMV 328i was located today (9/24/20) abandoned at a rest stop in Rimrock, AZ., near Camp Verde

Steven Rollman.jpeg

Shane Rollman.jpeg

Last edited:
Photos of the location show that the vehicle was at the McGuireville rest stop (Rimrock, AZ) as early as Saturday 9/19/2020. The family is now on scene and working with LE and SAR.

A new member @NotInMyHouse asked me to start this thread for their friend, Shane Rollman.

An adult male, 30, a former student of mine and now friend. Last seen in So. California on 9/12/20 & his car, a white BMV 328i was located today (9/24/20) abandoned at a rest stop in Rock, AZ., near Camp Verde

View attachment 265150

View attachment 265151

Comments posted.
Verde Independent
120038929_3733759139996968_6173011539595987764_o.jpg

It’s important to know if his car at the rest stop indicates any mechanical problem which might explain why he stopped there. Unless car problems or a quick nap or bio break, the alternatives at a rest stop are generally shady.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Most recent article with some updates about Shane's mental state I edited to add "Dad" instead of his name):

“Shane had both his grandmothers pass away, his mom almost died etc

Dad said. “Shane had been depressed, and he never handled that kind of grief.”

Dad said his son recently had what he described as a nervous breakdown. He was found disoriented in Indio, Calif., more than 100 miles from home, by law enforcement.

Was hospitalized for psychiatric treatment.

Shane had purchased a new refrigerator about one week before he disappeared.

“Things were starting to smooth out for him,” Dad said. “The day he left, we were over at the house he lives in, and he said he wanted to take a nap. But by 6 p.m., he and his car we gone.”

Dad said his son was prescribed a medicine for his psychiatric issues. However, he hadn’t taken that medicine for about one month leading up to his disappearance.

Shane Rollman didn’t take a suitcase with him to Arizona, his father said. He also didn’t pack up any personal effects.

This does not look good at all. Prayers going up for Shane & his family/friends :(

Wow another missing young man in an area I’m very familiar with as I grew up in AZ. It’s very hot in Camp Verde on September, 92 there right now. This is not a place that even most seasoned campers and hikers would go during this time of year. The fact that he has no previous outdoors experience makes me very worried!

It'd be interesting to know the street value/demand of the meds he had been prescribed. Are those meds at home? Could he have been lured out of his home then targeted/harmed in order to get those meds? I'm also curious what type or what was the purpose of the visit he had with his dad/others. Was this a typical family/friend gathering, a quick 'hey, we stopped by for a few mins/drinks/etc.' or a more intentional 'we need to talk' kind of visit? What was his immediate mindset prior to his nap? I've got Shane in my prayers. I hope they can find him soon.

Wow another missing young man in an area I’m very familiar with as I grew up in AZ. It’s very hot in Camp Verde on September, 92 there right now. This is not a place that even most seasoned campers and hikers would go during this time of year. The fact that he has no previous outdoors experience makes me very worried!

This is definitely not the place for inexperienced people to try out camping or hiking for the first time! There have been numerous rescues lately (entire groups hiking without water & so on). I wish people would research the area/temps/terrain before attempting to hike here.

I have been trying to find out if Shane was familiar with the area.

There is a beautiful place known to locals as "The Crack" which is close to where his car was found (about 15 miles from the rest area or so), that seems to draw in individuals who are, introspectively searching, I guess you could say. I am wondering if Shane was drawn here for that reason...not that I am suggesting he committed suicide at all but, well, the circumstances are pointing in that direction so far (my ex BiL went there to commit suicide but was unsuccessful thank goodness).

I hope they find him soon!

@MissMYB OT: Did you live in the Verde Valley? How well do you know this area? That's where we have lived for the last several decades (DH & I are both AZ natives).

In a way, this sort of reminds me of the missing Erika Lloyd case in Joshua Tree. Supposedly went to meet friends that no one knows, to go camping. SHe's not a seasoned camper and it's hotter than hades there. Seems to be a theme developing here.

2020 is not bringing out smart thinking in folks, that is for sure.

Amateur opinion and speculation

@MissMYB OT: Did you live in the Verde Valley? How well do you know this area? That's where we have lived for the last several decades (DH & I are both AZ natives).[/QUOTE].

I grew up in Phoenix, my sister lives in Prescott Valley and we had a vacation home in Munds Park. Currently nomading around the SW, I am not very familiar with the VV however. Kinda an”drive thru” area for me, but looking around that area on the map there’s lot to explore.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he went to ASU, so maybe he was going to a familiar and less complicated place and time. However, not taking psych meds for a month worries me.

I was just going to post this very thing and add it seems maybe the death of his Grandmother hit him hard earlier this year?

Map noting location car was found - خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500