Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really???

Really, what?

Really, do I think she was threatened before she was released. ABSOLUTELY. I bet 100% she was threatened with harm if she snitched. It always happens that way.

Really, I don't blame her if she is making up the descriptions etc. Nope, not a bit. She has babies and she has been through a brutal 3 weeks. She knows she cannot be protected if she spills all of the facts.

Right, I'm referring to all the known details. They really seemed to know what they were doing, equipped with all the accoutrements they needed. In other words, they don't seem like first-timers to me.

I guess the Mexican cartels would be the logical guess if you're looking for experienced kidnappers. The two women could have been brought up from Mexico, and if so, they're probably already back there.

But no matter what scenario you choose, you are always left with...WHY?

Because he mentioned the eye area I picture bandannas over their noses and mouths like cowboy bandit style.

Seeing eyebrows and earrings..... just odd. Can't think of a mask that would show only those features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to wonder if she was targeted for her status as a pretty, blonde housewife

Beaten, humiliated, hair chopped off and branded with a message. With the intention of sending her back alive

Sensitive details withheld

Checking for similar cases in other states

It's sensitive alright. IMHO

:scared:

It seems far fetched that people would target pretty SAHM's as a demographic. What would be the purpose? Lifestyle envy? Ugh. If they only knew! Being a SAHM is not glamorous. It's wonderful, but hard work. I've been one for 21 years, with 6 children (5 mine, 1 adopted), and I homeschool. My husband is a pastor, so we're in the public eye. I drive a Lexus, am fashionable, a redhead and often told I'm beautiful. But people don't see the laundry and cooking that a family of 8 requires, or the fishbowl existence of being in ministry. Being a SAHM was very difficult when I was a new mom with 3 kids under the age of 3. Pictures can look perfect, and families can be genuinely happy and blessed, but we are all just struggling to make it. I would hate to think that Sherri would be targeted for being a pretty mom. That sounds like a personal jealousy situation, rather than people targeting random mom's. ♥

JMO

The weirdest thing is the the ex-husband said it was a classmate, but they never found out who.

What? If they never found out who, then how do they know it was an ex-classmate?

Exactly. And just because someone says something is true doesn't mean it's true.

For the sake of argument - let's say that it was authored by SP. She was abducted just prior to the election. Is it possible there were similar, more recent sentiments posted somewhere that were traced back to SP or even KP?

I guess I'm baffled by all of the KP vs Sheriff talk. So many people saying KP is the only reason Shari was let go and found and the police aren't doing anything. How do we know the police aren't telling us what they've been told? Maybe they really don't have any other info on the two women. It doesn't mean they are lying to us or not telling us on purpose. I would never expect them to tell us every little detail regarding an investigation.

bold by me...

We live in a society that uses the "photos or it didn't happen" meme. Lots of people only believe what they see with their own eyes or at least are told. Therefore, if something happens and they don't see it and aren't told about it, it doesn't really exist. (the old "if a tree in the forest falls and there's no one there, did it really make a sound?") They don't have insight to how things work and don't spend time to find out.

ETA: LE is not going to say more than they have to. They just aren't. If they can get a good composite sketch that can help someone identify one or both perps they will release it.

We hear this from LE all the time how they are staying silent about things to protect the investigation.

I am wondering how does it really help LE to stay silent about things and not be able to at least state the facts of what actually occurred?

I can only think of the one obvious reason which has been used on TV crime shows many times. Haul a person in for questioning and catch them saying something that only the criminal would know. They then have the "gotcha" moment and know they must be involved.

But other than that, what other things does it really protect or what other things helps LE by staying silent about the facts?

Part of the reason is to deal with tips or people claiming to have inside information. From what I've heard, high-profile cases often bring kooks out of the woodwork. It's easier to verify a claim if it contains information not released to the public.

Unless LE is on a trail I don't understand why they aren't releasing more.

If she knew enough about the SUV to say none of the images they captured from videos in the area matched then what did the SUV look like? Older or newer model? Color other than just dark? Interior color?

Surely LE must have more info about the SUV's description but is deciding not to share which I think is a shame because it could help others in the area to know what type of vehicle to be cautious about.

As to where she was kept. By sound could she tell if it was rural or where there were city noises? Was it in a home (TV noise, climate controlled) or somewhere else? Was it single level or did she have to travel steps?

Surely LE has much more, at least I hope so!

Was she raped? When did they show her the gun? Was the gun out all the time? Did they use any other weapons? Was she moved from one location to another? Where there any other victims? Did they ever speak English to her?

and who had the gun, the younger or older one?
The sheriff seemed to validate 2 questions above the rest;
1)Where was she taken? He says no specifics will be given but that is a good question.
2) Is there a cartel or ST involved? Sheriff answers "very good question" and then says they have no specific info.

I wish they would have asked what she was wearing when she was found by the motorist. Has that been revealed?

In reference to the brand, I just really really feel it is on her arm. Watch the GMA segment from this morning where George speaks to this. He reaches over and refers to the middle of his arm when discussing the brand.

Sounds like FBI is involved and it will only be a matter of time....

I am glad she was found alive and safe. I'm glad she's having time to regroup too. But honestly....the vagueness of the description is alarming. It could really cause a lot of unnecessary accusations. JMOO. But unless he had a better description (Sherriff) he shouldn't have released it as a BOLO. IF this did occur as she states, I feel there is some further questioning required.
1.) First of all. The woman who saw Sherri supposedly at the convenience store and called 911... Did she do a sketch of the men with her? Also apparently she was not blindfolded during this encounter so she had to have gotten good descriptions of them as well as the witness. Why isn't there a BOLO on the guys?
2.) One witness stated she saw a woman with long blonde hair when she called 911 to report her that morning. I mean this wasn't 3 hours later, it was immediately. I want to believe the woman who saw her and called 911 when she saw her. So I would have to guess at least part of her hair was long still. Maybe they just chopped it up to make her feel even worse? That she would be forced to shave the rest or something later? I think this was for humiliation purposes.
4.) Why haven't they released what she was branded with? It could help the case tremendously if someone recognized it.
5.) Is this a possible revenge from high school? Maybe the women happened to riding down the rode she was jogging on and took her because the opportunity presented itself? Maybe the two guys were their boyfriends?
6.) Could be gang related with the above situation too?
7.) Maybe if she DID recognize them, she was threatened with her family's life if she told anyone so she just gave a vague description. That may have been her condition if released.
8.) I think when they turned the ransom into a reward that is what made them let her go. They knew someone would snitch?
9.) They need to get a sketch made up of the guys the witness saw and the women sketches that she saw.
10.) I would almost venture to say this is gang related and the gang is large enough that she knew not to talk.
Praying for her right now and hope she is healing properly and getting counseling too. She's going to need it.

Not with the branding and beatings.

I believe it was all true except the description of the kidnappers. KP came out with much information to show that it was not a hoax. He got tired of us stating that. But he has never really said anything bad about who did this. The sheriff has stated that these people were vicious. KP has always been very quiet about the "who", but seemed to know right away she was abducted, she was taken out of the area, she would be back by Thanksgiving. All this smells of money being paid and him knowing more than was being said. I don't believe he was involved in it happening, but got knowledge of things.

How can she be abducted by a vehicle that never appeared on surveillance cameras?

So LE says they have sensitive information they will not disclose. I wonder if she was abducted in a different vehicle than the one she was dropped off in. I also wonder how they did it. Did they drug her? Zap her with a taser, hit her over the head with a gun? We still don't know any of that, but I'm sure LE does.

I'm not saying it's the case here, but I do wonder- is it legal for the sheriff to tell flat out falsehoods...like in this imaginary scenario, if the kidnapper were a male and they DID have the right kind of vehicle on video, is there any precedent for a sheriff to publicly lie because he is hot on the heels of the "real" perp?

bold by me...

We live in a society that uses the "photos or it didn't happen" meme. Lots of people only believe what they see with their own eyes or at least are told. Therefore, if something happens and they don't see it and aren't told about it, it doesn't really exist. They don't have insight to how things work and don't spend time to find out.

Personally I require evidence, and I do not believe something simply because an authority figure told me to. And yes, I am aware of how things work, but that does not stop me from having a healthy level of skepticism when I am given NO EVIDENCE to back up a claim.

Because he mentioned the eye area I picture bandannas over their noses and mouths like cowboy bandit style.

Or ski mask if the eye holes were large enough to see the brows (doesn't explain the pierced ears, though).

I'm not saying it's the case here, but I do wonder- is it legal for the sheriff to tell flat out falsehoods...like in this imaginary scenario, if the kidnapper were a male and they DID have the right kind of vehicle on video, is there any precedent for a sheriff to publicly lie because he is hot on the heels of the "real" perp?

Of course he can. That is what they did in the Nathaniel Kibby case.

Really, what?

Really, do I think she was threatened before she was released. ABSOLUTELY. I bet 100% she was threatened with harm if she snitched. It always happens that way.

Really, I don't blame her if she is making up the descriptions etc. Nope, not a bit. She has babies and she has been through a brutal 3 weeks. She knows she cannot be protected if she spills all of the facts.
Really, I would never lie to law enforcement... We are different people, thus makes the world go round...

It seems far fetched that people would target pretty SAHM's as a demographic. What would be the purpose? Lifestyle envy? Ugh. If they only knew! Being a SAHM is not glamorous. It's wonderful, but hard work. I've been one for 21 years, with 6 children (5 mine, 1 adopted), and I homeschool. My husband is a pastor, so we're in the public eye. I drive a Lexus, am fashionable, a redhead and often told I'm beautiful. But people don't see the laundry and cooking that a family of 8 requires, or the fishbowl existence of being in ministry. Being a SAHM was very difficult when I was a new mom with 3 kids under the age of 3. Pictures can look perfect, and families can be genuinely happy and blessed, but we are all just struggling to make it. I would hate to think that Sherri would be targeted for being a pretty mom. That sounds like a personal jealousy situation, rather than people targeting random mom's. ♥

JMO

It's a sensitive topic and probably a ridiculous theory, that's why I didn't elaborate and probably should have kept it to myself. I didn't mean SAHM, idk how to say what I mean. Probably best to disregard my post.

I am under the impression she was very pro concealed weapon carry so I would "guess" she would be able to identify the type of gun they had no?

Also , what type of mask would be used that you could give a description of eyes/eyebrows but nothing else? A ski mask doesn't show eyebrows does it? And then a bandana covering most of the face would be able to show face shape wouldn't it?

I was thinking something like a sari. Strange he didn't say "what" their faces were covered with, or hers.

<modsnip>
Not with the branding and beatings.

I believe it was all true except the description of the kidnappers. KP came out with much information to show that it was not a hoax. He got tired of us stating that. But he has never really said anything bad about who did this. The sheriff has stated that these people were vicious. KP has always been very quiet about the "who", but seemed to know right away she was abducted, she was taken out of the area, she would be back by Thanksgiving. All this smells of money being paid and him knowing more than was being said. I don't believe he was involved in it happening, but got knowledge of things.

How can she be abducted by a vehicle that never appeared on surveillance cameras?

What I can't wrap my head around is when she was taken she was of clear mind, meaning not drugged or beaten etc. so she should be able to give more details from that time. Now I get that the SUV she was dropped off in Could very well be different then The one she was picked up in but if that's the case why not tell us more info of vehicle from Nov 2.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member