Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the first statement to be true. I have no knowledge as to the accuracy of the second statement.
Thanks Lake for joining us to talk about this case.
We are so happy she is home safe.

One of the questions I have been wondering about is something you may or may not know about.

The ransom consultant got involved in this case and he very recently did the interview (linked below) with MSNBC news where he explains how he got involved.

During this interview, he claims these two things below about how he got involved and my question to you is if you disagree with him or not about either of these claims?

1-He says a mutual friend of the family first contacted him

2-He also says something close to this = "as a matter of fact it was Keith who brought the kidnapper ransom idea to him"

http://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/polit...-his-role-in-california-kidnapping/vp-AAla3lS

Papini's head was covered with a hood the entire time, making it hard to see anything but the women's eyes as they abused her.

SBM How can you see someone eyes when you are covered with a hood? if my eyes are just a tiny bit open peripheral vision would latch unto something.

Any ideas?

I know SP and her family were planning on running in the CASA event this year, as well as some extended family members. I know SP has done so in the past also. I'm sure SP appreciates your prayers.

Do you know if Sherri was active in any support groups (trafficking, CASA, teens, etc.)? I understand if you can't answer. I continue to pray for her recovery and for the strength and support of her family and friends.

I would suggest you only believe about half (if that) of what you read on the Daily Mail. I'll have to review what LE has released prior to answering the rest of your question.
Papini's head was covered with a hood the entire time, making it hard to see anything but the women's eyes as they abused her.

SBM How can you see someone eyes when you are covered with a hood? if my eyes are just a tiny bit open peripheral vision would latch unto something.

Any ideas?

It got me all teary-eyed too, Beach! And you are right-- he must have heard that someplace. It shows he has great parents to have said that to him before. They are teaching him from a young age to trust them and to talk things out when he is upset instead of keeping things all bottled up inside. JMO.

I tell my young grandson that all the time. My son won custody of him after a long court fight. I just always want him to know that no matter what, he can trust that I will always be there to listen to and love him with no judgement. He tells me lots of things too. Today it was about the Pokémon we would hunt along the sea wall when I pick him up after school tomorrow.

Fear not, the Papini's love animals. However not everyone travels with their pets; some people board them, others have friends take care of them.
http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/abducted-jogger-skips-town-with-family-and-leaves-dogs-behind/

Do you know why they would leave the dogs behind? Dogs are like family. :(

Keith was seen driving a new truck on Thursday. One of the neighbors claimed it was a “friend’s” and he was using it to stay under the radar and hidden from people who may be trying to harm his wife. Do you know if it's his friends for sure?

LE specifically said masks if I remember correctly, but I'm seeing another source (not MSM) that's saying bandannas, and I had seen a few posts on here to that effect. (Or did LE simply say they were masked? I'll have to go back and look.)

Based on the last Sheriff 's statement: masked, no specifics.
but, if you click at 10:12 on Matt Gutman FB's live interview. While talking about the abduction and the masked perpetrators, his hands moved in the shape of a bandanna's placement.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154421822094934&id=163497464933

Any ideas?

This sounds like a typo on the part of the paper/the reporter. Since it's not a direct quote from anyone in LE or anyone involved in this case I think we can disregard. JMO.

Has anyone heard from Gitani (not sure if correct name) regarding her sister in law?
She's been in my prayers

I would prefer not to answer due to the ongoing nature of the investigation.
Lake,

Do you think these women acted alone or do you think they are part of a much bigger operation? I suspect they did not act alone.

Fear not, the Papini's love animals. However not everyone travels with their pets; some people board them, others have friends take care of them.

I think the fact that so much is being made about them "leaving their pets behind" is ridiculous. They didn't abandon them. Sometimes I travel with my pets and sometimes I don't; doesn't change how much I love them.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article118014833.html

Bosenko said detectives have been speaking with a sketch artist to see if Papini provided enough information to at least try to draw the women’s eyes.

Thanks Sophie -- I remember that quote.

Since no eye shapes or colors were mentioned in the suspect descriptions Bosenko gave after interviewing Sherri and he said the trauma could cause issues with memory..........I took his comment to mean that he was hoping composite sketch artists could start with the eyebrow descriptions and maybe help jog Sherri's memory as to the eyes themselves to develop usable likenesses.

Of course, if she doesn't remember anything about the eyes because she only saw their brows (like if they were always wearing dark shades), that won't likely be possible.

Anyway, hoping they can come up with something helpful.

Someone mentioned the Kristy Porter case here earlier. If anyone is following, Ashleigh is about to discuss her on HLN Primetime Justice.

The first sighting was sometime around 11, or shortly after Sherri sent the text, according to Keith's timeline. There was another unconfirmed sighting around 2, IIRC.

This is what the other poster is referring to:
John Bishop, a neighbor of the
Papini’s, said he saw Sherri Papini
around 9 a.m. that morning about
100 feet from those mailboxes.
Bishop, a Shasta Lake Lions
Club member who was one of the
organizers for this year’s Veterans
Parade in Shasta Lake, said he was
headed into the city of Shasta Lake
with some road cones in the back
of his truck to use for the parade
and also to do some work on the
Veterans fountain on Shasta Dam
Boulevard when he saw her. He and
his wife and the Papini’s homes are
about a mile-and-a-half from the
mailboxes.
“She was about 100 feet from
the (cluster boxes) headed toward
them,” Bishop said, noting Papini
was wearing what appeared to be
a gray jogging suit.
http://northstate.news/Archives2016/Bulletin/16-11-09 SLB.pdf

The tendency of some to believe the worst after reading the tabloids - argh!
The headline alone should have been the first clue that it was all just salacious bunk!

http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/abducted-jogger-skips-town-with-family-and-leaves-dogs-behind/

Do you know why they would leave the dogs behind? Dogs are like family. :(

Keith was seen driving a new truck on Thursday. One of the neighbors claimed it was a “friend’s” and he was using it to stay under the radar and hidden from people who may be trying to harm his wife. Do you know if it's his friends for sure?

I feel sad for their dogs. I hope they can all be reunited soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288