Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sherri would have rightfully and understandably said whatever she had to in order to stay alive and to have any chance of being released.

I don't believe she would have lied to LE about her abductors afterwards, because from everything I've read and seen, the Papinis clearly want them brought to justice.

I also don't think LE would have released even the minimal descriptions they have if they had any doubt at all Sherri wasn't being honest with them about her abductors for any reason, including fear of reprisal.

I'm also willing to bet SP has been able to give LE a great deal more information about her abductors and where she was kept than what we've heard.
I wholeheartedly agree. If the abductors thought Sherri had gotten a good look at them, they probably never would've let her go. Had she gotten a good look at them, I doubt they'd let her go with a stern warning not to reveal their identity. It beggars belief, IMO.

You know, after giving this more thought, I've come to think that LE may to a degree, had been somewhat jealous of Gamble. Not only was he taking the rains of the investigation, but he was also sorta stealing the spotlight sorta speak.

That is another thing I dont quite understand.

We all agree that LE wants to bring in the people responsible for her abduction and get justice. Afterall it was criminal what they did to her.

And I think LE has a valid case against CG for interfering with an investigation and interfering in a criminal case.

So why cant LE just bring CG in for questioning and force him to answer questions about the abductor. If they find out he is lying or he refused to answer then LE has the case against him.

CG was just lucky this turned out well for SP. It may not have ended up that way. So I think LE is upset with him and they may have a case against him. Especially since LE does not want every dick joe and Harry starting to think this is a great way to start a new business and begin interfering in other cases. Any of which could end up with a person being killed instead of a happy ending.

I remember reading that the hospital was on lockdown once she was brought in. I'm not sure exactly what that means for other patients or potential ER patients that day (ambulances rerouted), but it could have factored into how quickly they treated her. Possibly also moving her through for her own safety/privacy. I'm sure they provided the appropriate treatment quickly, and then released her with a specific plan for follow-up care in other settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KP said this on 20/20 ... I think he must have misunderstood or the hospital does not trust the police to guard her....jmo

What significance would it make if the girls were abducted. The trafficking of the 16 year old and the other girls/women is illegal. The parents reported her missing. Are you implying that this girl was a "teen prostitute" by choice? She was a victim as were the other 20+ victims. IMO, it's this generalization that leads to many juveniles being labeled "runaways" when in reality they are "slaves." BBM

The investigation into Gunn’s illegal activities began in February when authorities traced a 16-year-old victim to a Moreno Valley motel, where Gunn was forcing her to work as a prostitute. The young girl’s family had reported her as missing.
In addition to the 16-year-old girl, officials discovered five more victims who were being forced to work for Gunn as prostitutes in Moreno Valley. Officials determined three of the recovered victims in the Moreno Valley motel were minors.

Gunn, who goes by the street name, “Classified,” allegedly branded many of his prostitutes, including the 16-year-old girl with tattoos of his moniker. Many had his moniker tattooed over their right eyes or on their upper bodies. Gunn did this to permanently mark the sex workers he forced into prostitution.
According to officials, this type of tattooing, commonly referred to as “branding,” is commonly used by sex traffickers to not only dehumanize their victims, but to also permanently mark them as the personal property of the human trafficker.

http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

pimps and teen prostitutes have been a part of our underbelly for centuries. I did not see where the girls in the story were abducted though.

KP said this on 20/20 ... I think he must have misunderstood or the hospital does not trust the police to guard her....jmo

I could be wrong, but "lock down" could just mean -- because it was off-hours, being 5 am on a holiday -- that the entrances were locked as a matter of routine.

While I cant speak to KP, I do know that hospitals will 'lock down' when some crime victims are brought in- not that they cant guard the specific victim, but they do NOT want the perps going thru the hospital looking for the victim ( or family members, members of opposing gangs... you name it.) Usually the cases I am aware of would be a shooting where family, friends etc might have a score to settle. Usually very high drama situations. ( cop killings etc come to mind) Since Sherri was released by her captors there would be no reason to think they would come looking for her. If every time a crime victim came in, the ER was locked down, nothing would ever get done!

It is speculation but since it's a possibility, and people don't usually kidnap victims and give them back- It's only reasonable to give him some of the credit.

Why?

Because people don't usually have a negotiator in cases like these.

But really, where was the "negotiating"? Negotiators are supposed to talk; to listen to demands and concerns, to work out deals, etc. Never once did the perps contact him or acknowledge him in any way. In fact, for all of his talk about negotiators having to remain neutral, his videos were rather accusatory and even a bit threatening. No hostage negotiators I ever heard of would have risked angering the perps while they held a hostage.

And it was 4:30AM on a holiday. I can't imagine there was a lot of traffic then. I'd think most people sleep in on Thanksgiving. JMO

And it was probably pitch black out.

While I cant speak to KP, I do know that hospitals will 'lock down' when some crime victims are brought in- not that they cant guard the specific victim, but they do NOT want the perps going thru the hospital looking for the victim ( or family members, members of opposing gangs... you name it.) Usually the cases I am aware of would be a shooting where family, friends etc might have a score to settle. Usually very high drama situations. ( cop killings etc come to mind) Since Sherri was released by her captors there would be no reason to think they would come looking for her. If every time a crime victim came in, the ER was locked down, nothing would ever get done!

I was thinking locked down because of media attention, not the captors. So it would be in the best interest of the hospital to release her as quickly as possible (but safely).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to share this thing that happened today that made me relate to Sherri, not to the same extreme because her total situation was horrible but. It's been snowing/freezing rain today in Oregon like crazy today, I stopped to get some smokes at a shop next to my local pub where I have a lot of friends on my way home from work because I was super stressed out over driving in the inclement weather. I had a smoke with friends who went back inside b/c it was so cold and then I started making my way to my car so I could go the couple blocks home.

This guy approaches me as im at my car and im taking the ice scraper and scraping my windows. He grabs my arm and he's like you should come with me I have a truck and I'll give you a ride home in this weather. I was like hell no, I'm good but thank you. He is in my personal space and persists like, you'll never make it home safe let me take you. I say no my boyfriend is at home waiting for me and I'm fine. He grabs my arm again hard and is like come with me now, keep in mind we are in broad daylight in a open mall type of environment and I've been on websleuths long enough that I started hollering, NO I'm fine, I can get home fine, back off!! And then I yelled STOP, enough that some people came out as he was walking quickly away. I'm not sure if he was just some tipsy dude coming out of the pub or if he was an actual predator but it felt really icky.

I'm fine although a little shaken but my point is that these things can happen anywhere, there are predators everywhere. I just think everyone should suspend any judgement they might have about this situation and realize this can happen anywhere under any circumstances. Any circumstances. I didn't expect some random dude to come up to me while its snowing and icy in crazy weather and do something like that. I'm sure SP didn't expect it either. It's scary as hell and I'm lucky there were a lot of other people around.

I have a deeper respect for what Sherri has been through as a result of this. That's all I can say. I can't even imagine.

I could be wrong, but "lock down" could just mean -- because it was off-hours, being 5 am on a holiday -- that the entrances were locked as a matter of routine.

I could be wrong, but I was thinking that the hospital was on lock down to keep the media away in case they'd show up.

Surely LE could advise if/if not there is a threat to the public in the area by now.
??????????

OK a few years ago a little girl was taken from her school, put in a bag and kept in a room under the perp's bed and ravaged by a woman. She was only 5 years old, found cold and shivering in a playground and intensely injured. She was just a child but was able to provide more info than anything I've read about in this case. What is going on? JMO

We all agree that LE wants to bring in the people responsible for her abduction and get justice. Afterall it was criminal what they did to her.

And I think LE has a valid case against CG for interfering with an investigation and interfering in a criminal case.

So why cant LE just bring CG in for questioning and force him to answer questions about the abductor. If they find out he is lying or he refused to answer then LE has the case against him.

CG was just lucky this turned out well for SP. It may not have ended up that way. So I think LE is upset with him and they may have a case against him. Especially since LE does not want every dick joe and Harry starting to think this is a great way to start a new business and begin interfering in other cases. Any of which could end up with a person being killed instead of a happy ending.

I asked in a much earlier thread if, hypothetically, I paid a ransom for my loved one to be released and did not involve LE if that was illegal and one of our verified attorneys (I think it was Gitana?) answered it was not illegal to pay a ransom for my loved one's release and subsequently refuse to help the police find the people I paid the ransom to (my scenario also involved the perps threatening my life if I told police I paid a ransom). So, IMO, there is nothing LE can do to question CG as a suspect unless they have some other reason to think he knows who abducted SP. MOO is he doesn't know anything though.

But really, where was the "negotiating"? Negotiators are supposed to talk; to listen to demands and concerns, to work out deals, etc. Never once did the perps contact him or acknowledge him in any way. In fact, for all of his talk about negotiators having to remain neutral, his videos were rather accusatory and even a bit threatening. No hostage negotiators I ever heard of would have risked angering the perps while they held a hostage.

And that may have happened. We really don't know and probably never will. He's the one that brought up the 100K the day before she was released. From the beginning, the ransom offer drew in a bunch of media on top of all the publicity already there, and social media presence. Much different than any missing person case I've seen. That and the fact that she was brought back alive. I'd say he earns some of the credit, as do those who got her face out there. If he negotiated anything it was done it private, as promised.

And I don't think the Papini's regret their decision. They have their girl back.

Because someone in their inner circle may have known what they were up to. There may be people out there other than the abductors that knew they had Sherri. A murder charge is a lot worse than a kidnapping charge.

If others had found out they had taken her, that would lend credence to them NOT being worried about or affected by CG.

Real hostage negotiators and LE consider him a "nuisance", from one article I read. It seems to me they don't believe he had any effect on the outcome, and I strongly agree.

Right, she was prostituting herself because she was forced or coerced...or out of fear or because she was promised something....nothing there says she was abducted. I could be wrong, JMO

I am very happy your daughter is safe.
They are abducted in those cases because they are not told they are going to be taken to a motel to have sex for money with 30 men. They are told they are going to do a photo shoot for a modeling job or go meet up with a cute guy they were talking to online. So it is abduction in that they are deceived, then held by force, drugged, raped, beaten, etc .

In most hospitals there is a part of the ER that you have to be buzzed into. I thought KP just meant they would not let him past the locked doors for a little while. They may have been still assessing her or the police may have still been questioning her and wanted to get what little info they could from her while she was still alone. JMO.

So you think the more reliable account comes from the woman who saw Sherri on the side of a highway for literally a second or two at most, as she drove past Sherri going about 65-70 miles an hour, in the very early morning, and who had at least two details wrong (no brown shirt waved, no long blond hair)?

Well, it's either that or believe that the hospital released someone that egregiously injured; most of the comments that I have seen here seem to feel she was NOT as egregiously injured as first believed. And hell, that's a GOOD thing. Besides, KP seems like a very caring, doting, loving husband. I cannot believe - will not believe - that he would let her go home that soon if her injuries were that bad.

People have a right to start a private investigation business, and people have a right to hire them, and many do, but there mostly rich people. Poor people have to depend on LE; which for the most part is like being on Medicaid.

I'm not knocking knock LE in general because I've seen these guys do some amazing things, and I am thankful we have them, but I'm just saying like I said before. If I had a missing loved one, I want all the help I could get, but I agree that some help can do more damage then good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92