Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that the truck driver would have been interviewed on 20/20 instead of the woman who was interviewed who didn't stop. This is the first I have read that a truck driver discovered SP.

I remember reading about the truck driver earlier. I theorized (probably threads ago) that perhaps the truck driver wished to remain anonymous to the public (I'm sure he identified himself to LE). I wonder whether he would be eligible for the reward for SP's safe return?

<modsnip>They might not hold people against their will but they know how to manipulate members.

Bethel's 'signs and wonders' include angel feathers, gold dust and diamonds

McCurdy said the repetitive music, dancing, painting and excessive stimuli serve to get people worked up into an emotional frenzy where they're expecting to see miraculous things.

"They come looking for that feel-good feeling, that high, for supposed miracles, supposed signs and wonders, speaking in tongues, gold dust, diamonds, feathers. ... It seems like they're just ready for it," he said.

Once, as she ran through her house frantically searching for her journals, the baby sitter told McCurdy the anti-Christ was in her house and Jesus was in hell saving people, he said. Shortly after that, she went into a trancelike state and said she felt 20 feet tall before losing consciousness, he said. The behavior made him believe she was demon-possessed, he said.

Bud Press, director of the Christian Research Service based in North Carolina, devotes his time to researching claims made by Christians for the purpose of debunking or confirming the claims. Bethel is part of the Signs and Wonders movement, within the Word of Faith movement, he said. Aside from claims of angel feathers, people in the movement say diamonds and gold dust show up at church and in their homes, he said.

http://archive.redding.com/news/bet...dust-and-diamonds-ep-377152155-353401081.html

They seem to be very supportive of each other and active in the community.
Businesses with ties to Bethel Church flourishing; 'God wants the city of Redding to prosper
http://archive.redding.com/business...f-redding-to-prosper-ep-375148-354428581.html

Silly Billy warned earlier about the religious posts. She deleted some temporarily. We need to be careful not to offend. There are a lot of people who love Bethel. I love their music. We don't need to get into theological debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using a quote from a legit source and stating my opinion in answer to a question.

The Thanksgiving travel period (especially the Wednesday into early Thursday) is the busiest travel period of the year. Some 45-50 million people travel (90 percent by car).

So they wanted to make sure she was found. KP did say she ran to a junk yard, and a house with no lights, and then to the freeway, so we don't know where she was drop off at?

I would think that the truck driver would have been interviewed on 20/20 instead of the woman who was interviewed who didn't stop. This is the first I have read that a truck driver discovered SP.

Exactly...and the Sheriff not hearing about it until an hour or more later? Where does a 911 call go when traveling an interstate? I've called about an amber alert, dispatcher had no clue about the alert and it was for the city I was traveling through.

It's also possible that they think this was a one-off; that SP was specifically targeted, which is why they aren't issuing warnings.

In the press conference on the day SP was found Sherrif Bosenko did say they thought the abduction was an "isolated incident." IMO that implies LE has some knowledge of a motive if not then why bother say anything? Saying the kidnapping is an isolated incident would be a huge liability if evidence suggested otherwise and another women was taken.

I haven't seen or heard anyone, including family and friends demanding their capture...so maybe she isn't wanting to press charges for whatever reason.

I would want whomever did this to my loved one to pay, but this didn't happen to me so, hard to figger

Our VI here reports the family very much wants the people responsible captured and punished

So they wanted to make sure she was found.

I wonder about this. From the shape she was in and the way they left her I think they expected someone to find her where she was - on the smaller road or near the church, not that she would make it to I-5. Still found, but in worse shape and possibly with more lead time for them.

Jmo

Many these days, perhaps with good reason, feel that some kidnapped people/victims, get more media and LE attention than do others.
Could that be Sherri's captors message?
That pretty, blonde haired, blue eyed females with a loving husband and family, ect. can ( and certainly in this case, did) get an overwhelming response?
Is it possible that the perps had a loved one go missing, or was murdered and they felt he or she was unfairly ignored ? If so, could that explain the cruelty shown to Sherri, especially targeting her appearance?
Could that also be why they ultimately let her go?
Pure speculation, imo.

Someone knew someone at ABC ... Mangus, I believe...so they were able to get the word out on GMA...

It usually doesn't.

With a loved one's life at stake I would stick with LE and not risk it with some renegade wannabe. JMO

Yea, nice, but what about all the cases where LE just comes out, and takes a little report. Twenty years go by, and nothing. Look on this forum, you'll see tons of cases like that. Not to mention that their has been many cases bumbled because an LE agency faild to conduct a proper investigation.

In the press conference on the day SP was found Sherrif Bosenko did say they thought the abduction was an "isolated incident." IMO that implies LE has some knowledge of a motive if not then why bother say anything? Saying the kidnapping is an isolated incident would be a huge liability if evidence suggested otherwise and another women was taken.

This is what I keep thinking - if LE feels these two are a danger to others they would be screwed legally if this happened again by same perps. But how would they know it was isolated without knowing who they are or why she was taken?

I wonder about this. From the shape she was in and the way they left her I think they expected someone to find her where she was - on the smaller road or near the church, not that she would make it to I-5. Still found, but in worse shape and possibly with more lead time for them.

Jmo

That's what I wondered. Where was she dropped off at? KP said she first ran to a house, and then a junk yard before going to the freeway?

<modsnip> They might not hold people against their will but they know how to manipulate members.

Bethel's 'signs and wonders' include angel feathers, gold dust and diamonds

McCurdy said the repetitive music, dancing, painting and excessive stimuli serve to get people worked up into an emotional frenzy where they're expecting to see miraculous things.

"They come looking for that feel-good feeling, that high, for supposed miracles, supposed signs and wonders, speaking in tongues, gold dust, diamonds, feathers. ... It seems like they're just ready for it," he said.

Once, as she ran through her house frantically searching for her journals, the baby sitter told McCurdy the anti-Christ was in her house and Jesus was in hell saving people, he said. Shortly after that, she went into a trancelike state and said she felt 20 feet tall before losing consciousness, he said. The behavior made him believe she was demon-possessed, he said.

Bud Press, director of the Christian Research Service based in North Carolina, devotes his time to researching claims made by Christians for the purpose of debunking or confirming the claims. Bethel is part of the Signs and Wonders movement, within the Word of Faith movement, he said. Aside from claims of angel feathers, people in the movement say diamonds and gold dust show up at church and in their homes, he said.

http://archive.redding.com/news/bet...dust-and-diamonds-ep-377152155-353401081.html

No bashing of other religions, and remember to keep your posts respectful, non-accusatory, and within TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alrighty folks. I am closing the thread. It is time to move to another anyway.'

The new one will either open tonight, or it won't open til morning.

All I know is I am

:eek:fftobed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members