Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
After SP's release, Sheriff Bosenko said, "We have remained devoted to this case and will not rest until Sherri’s captor or captors are identified and brought to justice. We are continuing to follow investigative leads and this is a critical, and active, and ongoing investigation.” http://people.com/crime/sheriff-no-...tion-account-of-california-mom-sherri-papini/

While SP was missing, LE fielded over 400 tips/leads and filed over 20 search warrants (some of which are sealed) for surveillance cams, electronic data, cell phone data, etc. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/details-scarce-case-california-woman-missing-43829461

LE may well have filed more warrants based on information learned since SP's release.

It's a lot of work, especially if the victim's recollection or knowledge is limited and there are no known witnesses.

It's only been 16 days since SP was released and 38 days since she was reported missing -- not a long time. I'm still optimistic that this case can be solved.

20 search warrants? Wow. Interesting! They are busy.

This is really insane...We have no further information from LE & I refuse to second-guess
SP. Until we get more info...

Of course they said there were no signs of trouble..why would you ever want the public to know if there were?
And quite frankly, it's none of the public's business.
How many times have we been led to believe that someone's life was just perfect, only to find out the truth, later?

When my sister went missing temporarily, we didn't know she had ANY problems in her marriage. Had we been asked, we would have said that there were no financial problems, that she and he were happily married with no abuse etc. Because that had been the reality for us until that point.

Your husband is a prince among men with the patience of a saint! :D

Now please expound about a "Fibonacci serial killer." Inquiring minds and all that...

A response to the Smiley Face Killer, but you'll have to wait for my book "0 1 1 2 3 5: No One Here Stays Alive."

I will pass along the compliment! :)

(eta: please don't anyone steal my idea. kthanks.)

If your space bar isn't working, I can tell you that when it happened to me it was because I was using Chrome browser. It never happens if I use internet explorer.

Thanks, north. Yes, I'm using Chrome.

Ijustfigureoutsomething,however,

If I hit "enter", the next line comes out fine, with all of the spaces as they should be. I guess the fix is to hit "enter" right away and start typing. Sure beats hitting "post quick reply" and then going back to try to edit quickly.

Yes, and trafficking is an issue in Atlanta was well, but GA as a whole does not compare to that of CA. IIRC, he received $1 for his services which he donated. I honestly don't find it that surprising given his connection to Bethel. From what I've seen, they have a pretty large congregation where mission trips are frequent and the dangers of traveling overseas continue to mount. IMO, his involvement was propelled by the widespread media coverage (and the mutual friend). This case definitely garnered much more attention, but we have to remember that there was a connection to local media and once one station picks it up, it spreads like wildfire. NorCal Alliance was involved almost immediately and the FB was shared across the country. The family believed it was an abduction early on so I can't fault them for engaging a consultant. For all we know, there could've even been some contact made by the abductors to KP confirming that they had SP. JMO

I just think it's an interesting coincidence there was a negotiator available in Redding who was located by a donor and was willing to take this case pro-bono. (i might have the pro-bono wrong.) It's especially interesting to me he was willing to take on such a high-profile case blind (no clue who the abductors were or what they wanted) when he is so inexperienced.

Across the US includes Atlanta, btw. :)

When my sister went missing temporarily, we didn't know she had ANY problems in her marriage. Had we been asked, we would have said that there were no financial problems, that she and he were happily married with no abuse etc. Because that had been the reality for us until that point.

Exactly. That's why LE investigates. They didn't just ask Keith is everything was cool and say ok. They checked it out for themselves. IMO many of those 20 subpoenas were for the family cell phones, computers, bank records.

From my own personal exploration I found that there is a surveillance camera if you proceed North on Old Oregon Trail at a gas station. If you proceed south there are numerous ways you can travel to other areas without encountering surveillance. I wouldn't put too much weight on SP not recognizing the vehicle in the footage they showed her, imho.
"Investigators showed Papini surveillance video of dark SUVs seen near the location of her abduction, according to Bosenko, but she said none of the vehicles matched the one her captors were driving."

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/sh...more-details-on-captors-in-bizarre-abduction/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Rare ransom kidnapping was their conclusion. But they don't know WHO and they don't know WHY and they say no money was paid. Another odd piece of the puzzle.

Yes, they came to that conclusion AFTER SP was released and let them know that's what happened to her.

Coming to that conclusion - and making an offer of ransom BEFORE knowing anything -- before SP was released -- is a little odd to me. To put it mildly.

Thanks!

Kidnap: verb (used with object), kidnapped orkidnaped, kidnapping or kidnaping.
1. to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud,especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom

Abduct: verb
1. carry off or lead away (a person) illegallyand in secret or by force, especially tokidnap.

Source: dictionary.com

Sheriff statement (use of the word abduction). https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacbee...cal/crime/article118083978.html?client=safari

KP's statement: (use of the word kidnapping) https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....amilys-ordeal/story?id=43840659?client=safari

Interesting use of abduction vs. kidnapping when comparing statements.

JMO

Yes, but the only "contact with kidnappers" was trying to get that media source to publish the letter, which they refused. And maybe having the website up with that letter on it. No videos were released until after getting KP to agree (11/18 I think). I think I have that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right; I should have said "attempted to contact" (via his website and MSM, which, as you pointed out, did refuse...and I wonder why?)

From my own personal exploration I found that there is a surveillance camera if you proceed North on Old Oregon Trail at a gas station. If you proceed south there are numerous ways you can travel to other areas without encountering surveillance. I wouldn't put too much weight on SP not recognizing the vehicle in the footage they showed her, imho.

I totally agree

Thanks!

Kidnap: verb (used with object), kidnapped orkidnaped, kidnapping or kidnaping.
1. to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud,especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom

Abduct: verb
1. carry off or lead away (a person) illegallyand in secret or by force, especially tokidnap.

Source: dictionary.com

Sheriff statement (use of the word abduction). https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacbee...cal/crime/article118083978.html?client=safari

KP's statement: (use of the word kidnapping) https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....amilys-ordeal/story?id=43840659?client=safari

Interesting use of abduction vs. kidnapping when comparing statements.

JMO
Indeed!
I know when I was young, I thought kidnapping was for kids.
Abducted was for grown ups.
With age comes some wisdom.[emoji57]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members