Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that if this was suicide, a body would likely have been found by now. The thing that stands out most to me right now is that even with a lot of items found, the search dogs haven't tracked any scent. This seems to point to her getting into, or being forced into a car. My question is, wouldn't the dogs have reversed tracked her back to the house? It leaves the possibility that she was in a car the entire time and that the items were left intentionally to literally throw off scent. Still could be either a runaway or an abduction, but an abduction at the house, not the road?

I think those dogs can be helpful and I know they work hard but I don't 100% trust them. It seems to me when they track a scent it can be a clue or lead to something, but when they don't track a scent it means only that.

In other words if they don't track/pick up a scent it doesn't mean the person wasn't there.

There are posters here with more SAR dog experience - this is JMO after seeing people found in areas that had already been searched.

Posts have been removed.

Anyone not named by LE as a suspect or POI is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing.

Since there are currently no named suspects or POIs, that means you may not sleuth ANYONE, except the victim.

Anyone not named by LE as a suspect or POI is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing.

Since there are currently no named suspects or POIs, that means you may not sleuth ANYONE, except the victim.

Can we can still post public videos regarding the topic and comment our opinions on them without sleuthing? I'm not sure why the recent video posts were deleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can we can still post public videos regarding the topic and comment our opinions on them without sleuthing? I'm not sure why the recent video posts were deleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please do not post or discuss videos unless they come from MSM.

Thanks.

Also ... a 3 hour run *seems* to me there would be a lot more eyewitnesses. Is this a relatively well traveled area? Is there a main thoroughfare for say, truckers? How close to the I-5 corridor?

Maybe they need to go back to the last person that says they saw her and where.

I think she ran early like 11 I don't think she was out later. Jmo

Find Sherri. She is somewhere. And maybe she has been leaving a trail.

Yes, could be if she's training for a marathon.

However, it doesn't make sense in the context of the situation. She allegedly didn't know if she'd be having lunch with her husband (if it was her who sent the text and she was not under duress at the time) so going for marathon training at lunchtime doesn't line up. Also the impression I'm getting from LE is that she didn't cover much distance during this time since she isn't seen in surrounding CCTV footage, which if she was putting on major mileage around town, she should have been seen. I do think the timeline may be off for one reason or another.

One thing that really bothers me is why she would have a permit to carry a hand gun. Does Keith too? Who was she afraid of?

I CC a Bersa Thunder .380 everywhere I'm legally allowed. It's easy to jog or walk my dogs with the right CC holster. I also carry an urban pal, stun gun and pepper spray. If anyone ever throws me into the trunk of a car they are in for a huge surprise when they open it. I also have stun guns, pepper spray, and other handguns concealed in various locations inside my house. And two very large dogs. I'm also retired military and know a thing or two about self defense and hand to hand combat.

I'm not afraid of anyone in particular. But as a single female living alone I'm a good target. In this day and age you HAVE to be prepared. Not only for personal attacks, but for random people shooting up their workplace, movie theater, shopping mall, McDonalds. You get my point. The police can't be everywhere and I'm not going down without a fight.

Woke up and the first thing I did was check this thread to see if this beautiful young Mom was found. : (
However, I do want to say it is heartening to see all the caring WSers and Guests on this thread trying to figure out how to find this gal. WS is a unique cyberspace where people crowdsource for good. Let's pray our efforts pay off, and quickly!

Here's surrounding LE in Redding with prayers of insight to find Sherri *today*, and continued strength for her friends and family. God Bless, let's find this gal!

Was the phone found on the immediate shoulder of the road, or was it further away in the grass? Gosh it just feels too neat to me. Of all the places to throw a phone - woods, ditch, off a bridge. It's almost like someone wanted it to appear that she was taken at that intersection, and they wanted her phone to be found, intact. It feels planted to me.

See I though the neighbors saw her early.
So who saw her at 2 and where

Neighbors, a friend of Sherri's and 2 tree cutters all said they saw her running, times given were 11 and 2. Do runners ever take an hour break? I wouldn't think. So ... either she was running for 3 hours but only seen by 3 (that we know of) witnesses and no cameras, or she took a break sometime between 11 and 2 to partially wrap a present and send a text to Keith, or the witnesses were wrong about the time.

I agree that if this was suicide, a body would likely have been found by now. The thing that stands out most to me right now is that even with a lot of items found, the search dogs haven't tracked any scent. This seems to point to her getting into, or being forced into a car. My question is, wouldn't the dogs have reversed tracked her back to the house? It leaves the possibility that she was in a car the entire time and that the items were left intentionally to literally throw off scent. Still could be either a runaway or an abduction, but an abduction at the house, not the road?

It's been reported that a one mile radius search was followed by a three mile radius search. That's a huge area, but a runner can travel further than three miles on a run.

Sherri Papini Search Description
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-h...lieved-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

I don't find any reports that her scent was tracked. It could be that her scent was tracked but not reported. The Aaron Bassler search went on for weeks until Willow joined the team. Willow has died. Maybe there's another dog like Willow out there.

Fort Bragg slaying suspect found, killed in woods
By Kevin Fagan and John King
Published 4:00 am, Sunday, October 2, 2011
SFGATE
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Fort-Bragg-slaying-suspect-found-killed-in-woods-2328791.php

Pomona's bloodhound Willow honored as hero after finding Northern California murder suspect
By Monica Rodriguez, Staff Writer, Daily Breeze
POSTED: 10/12/11, 12:01 AM PDT
http://www.dailybreeze.com/20111012...er-finding-northern-california-murder-suspect

Pomona police bloodhound Willow has died
http://www.dailybulletin.com/lifestyle/20130912/pomona-police-bloodhound-willow-has-died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288