Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, that actually could be a motivation for her to flee if she felt pressured to be supermom/superwife/superfriend/etc. She could have been secretly miserable but felt she couldn't talk to anyone about it and was afraid of failing, so she opted for a new life. High achievers have voluntarily run away due to the pressure itself of being a high achiever.

Leanne Bearden was a similar case. High achiever and happy all around, yet went out one day with a rope in her backpack ... She was secretly severely depressed and under pressure, nobody knew. Very sad case.

Leanne Bearden was a similar case. High achiever and happy all around, yet went out one day with a rope in her backpack ... She was secretly severely depressed and under pressure, nobody knew. Very sad case.

I also have been thinking of Leanne Bearden for quite a while - she had just been around the world with her husband for a year - started a successful travel blog - with hundreds of smiling pictures - was looking for a job - yet she hung herself.

On the other hand (I probably watch too many Datelines - LOL) how many times you see the perfect family - and it turns out that no one knew how terrible their lives were and one of them gets killed. Dr Teresa Sievers and even little Jon Benet Ramsey.

But these people did not throw their cell phones in a place were it would be found immediately.

P.S/ Its quite annoying that some members (many) seem to read a page here and there and then ask questions that have been asked and answered multiple times. It makes the thread long without adding anything to it,

OT - - Note, regarding sad plight of Leanne, she stopped taking photos/video upon return to states. She went from taking photos almost every day to nada... I pointed out how it reminded me of similar behavior I saw in my niece who loved taking lots of photos, but stopped, and while everyone was saying things were going well in her life, I knew something was wrong when all of sudden, no photos....

The husbands is up to 41K now. I wonder what he's going to do with the money, particularly if it is a voluntary missing.

A group put up $10K for the reward money, and now it's $50K, which is $40K more, so that would be a perfectly reasonable explanation, IMHO.

However it is possible that he knew what his next mornings job was to be---because often they are planned a day or more in advance. Or they sometimes overlap if a job cannot be completed. So there is a possibility that he might have known he was going to be close to home the next morning, and told his wife he might be able to have lunch with her.

That's an excellent point. I've never bought something (or scheduled a service call) and had them say, Ok, we'll be over there in an hour. It's always a couple days out. With BB, it can be the following week too.

I can think of several abductions ( McStay family for one) where part of the reason people KNEW they did not just leave was because the home showed signs of things being left unfinished. Food sitting out ready to be eaten. Etc. IF ( and I am on the fence) Sherri were staging an abduction, perhaps the partially wrapped present was part of it. As was the phone left by the side of the road. In both cases IF she changed her mind, could not go thru with it- easily undone.
I do think all the media attention is a double edged sword. For someone truly abducted, keeping it in the news is a good thing. But with all the publicity, it would make it very difficult for someone who is voluntarily missing to return home....

I also have been thinking of Leanne Bearden for quite a while - she had just been around the world with her husband for a year - started a successful travel blog - with hundreds of smiling pictures - was looking for a job - yet she hung herself.

On the other hand (I probably watch too many Datelines - LOL) how many times you see the perfect family - and it turns out that no one knew how terrible their lives were and one of them gets killed. Dr Teresa Sievers and even little Jon Benet Ramsey.

But these people did not throw their cell phones in a place were it would be found immediately.

P.S/ Its quite annoying that some members (many) seem to read a page here and there and then ask questions that have been asked and answered multiple times. It makes the thread long without adding anything to it,

I don't think Leanne was prepared to enter the real world again,

Ok, I watch too many Lifetime movies, but one won't leave my head when I think about this case. It was called "Kept Woman".

Did she live in a 'neighborhood' or were the homes kind of here and there? On her Poshmark page (or another selling page) she states that she lives in the country on a ranch. Is it a ranch with animals, where they'd have ranch hands or other hired help?
As much as I HOPE she just stepped away from her life for a bit of a breather...I instead think someone took her. I get NO vibe that her husband has a thing to do with this.

I clicked on 10 or so missing people from Shasta county and they all say no for the question dental records available. Maybe this is something they don't request unless they have a body they suspect could be that person, I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information.

:tyou:

If I understand the known facts, a pretty petite blonde woman in a pink jogging suit has vanished. Her cell phone, wallet, and strands of hair have been found. This reminds me of other recent jogger murders of other petite women, such as Vanessa Marcotte. While anything is possible, I would laser focus on the fact she was attacked while jogging. I would concentrate my search within a 1/2 mile-mile of where she was last known to be jogging.
All opinion, of course.

I work with someone who went to school with Leanne. No signs whatsoever so my thought process is even the nearest and dearest often don't know what's truly going on within someone - especially if said person reaches the point of really wanting to end it all, walk away from it all. MOO is by that point they don't want to be stopped.

It took me forever to get through this thread, but the search being halted leads me to believe something was found on her phone/emails - deleted or not.

I know both photos are of her but the right one looks completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the picture on the right a Drivers License Photo?

She looks so somber...

And the lighting almost makes her eyes look brown... (though they are distinctly blue)...

:thinking:

One thing I do not do any more is walk with my earphones.
You can not hear anyone that comes up behind or next to u before it's too late.

I work with someone who went to school with Leanne. No signs whatsoever so my thought process is even the nearest and dearest often don't know what's truly going on within someone - especially if said person reaches the point of really wanting to end it all, walk away from it all. MOO is by that point they don't want to be stopped.

It took me forever to get through this thread, but the search being halted leads me to believe something was found on her phone/emails - deleted or not.

In agreement. Also search properties of sex offenders in the area. Find her!

IMO, we are taking "voluntary missing" too literally. It is just a convenient designation not a conclusion. MK, whom Ariel Castro held captive had a similar designation.

LE doesn't have her dental records. They don't need them on file yet. Her dentist has her records.

Do any of you look identical in every photo? Have you seen FB photos which varied?

She has 2 children, could they have discovered the gift before being dropped off and started to open it? I don't think its evidence or even a clue. JMO

They need to look for her unless her bank account and credit cards are being used or her name found on an airline passenger list. JMO

He apparently might drop in for lunch. It's possible.

I agree. And Danville, Huntington Beach are pretty pricey. jmo Was she trying to hide from someone ?

Perhaps those areas are where she lived with her first husband?

<modsnip>

Some people have what is called "the perfect bite" - they never have cavities = no x-rays. A 42-year old lady I know is like that - and her father is a dentist.

However, that actually could be a motivation for her to flee if she felt pressured to be supermom/superwife/superfriend/etc. She could have been secretly miserable but felt she couldn't talk to anyone about it and was afraid of failing, so she opted for a new life. High achievers have voluntarily run away due to the pressure itself of being a high achiever.

I've been pondering for days now the "Alter Ego" board Sherri has on her Pinterest page. Lots of Stepford Wife pins, Barbie pins. I've been trying to convince myself that board is about fashion, but the Stepford Wives pins . . .

From IMBD "The Stepford Wives is about a small suburb where the women happily go about their housework - cleaning, doing laundry, and cooking gourmet meals - to please their husbands." http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0073747/plotsummary?ref_=m_tt_stry_pl

Could she just have grown weary of her day to day and walked away? I'm still pondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I find a bit odd is the fact that neither Sherri or her husband has a facebook profile, and concidering their young age it is pretty odd IMHO.

<mod snip>

I may be incorrect... but If I recall correctly... they had a joint FB page... but it was disconnected soon after Sherri's disappearance...

Maybe another poster can refresh our memories?

TIA... :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member