Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

If the perps dropped her off then they are not coming back.

But I would still be scared of every passing car at that time of night, in a deserted type quiet area.

Jmo.

2. noel leon

noel leon Well-Known Member

I live in Sacramento. If there is anything at all I can do , just ask.

3. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

It looks like they have a well lit parking area, hard to tell about the front of the church

4. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I suspect that she took a quick look around, and decided her chances of getting help on the interstate was better. I think for the most part, she had the right idea. But instead of trying to flag down motorists,, she should have just used one of the emergency call boxes on the freeway.

5. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

The article. I watched the 20/20

6. vlpate

If you go to Google Earth and actually see the area (& you may have), it is horrifying to imagine, but I guess no more horrifying than what she'd been through.

7. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

I think you're right. I'd head for a church too but if no lights/cars...move on
    That's good they have emergency call boxes

8. vlpate

9. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

I rarely notice highway call boxes. And payphones are almost nil these days.

So I probably would go for the passing highway cars as well. Or do a church break-in to use the office phone. Lol

Bill me later for the broken window. Lol

10. Stylink

Stylink New Member

SAN FRANCISCO -- Two women have been arrested on charges of holding four brothers captive at an illegal marijuana farm in Northern California and forcing them to work there for six months, police said Wednesday.
    The arrested women, GSA, 43, and MU, 44, were charged with human trafficking, kidnapping, battery with serious bodily injury, terrorist threats, and drug charges. They were detained by federal immigration officials and their lawyers declined comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/pol...fornia-pot-farm-forced-to-work/?client=safari

Oddly, these ladies both match the description and the beatings sound similar. I would imagine they are locked up now though.

Note: I'm new here, sorry if I posted something I'm not allowed to or posted it wrong.

11. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

I hope Sherri gets the chance very soon to examine their mugshots!

12. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

13. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Active Member

There is a FB profile with her name and picture uploaded on 10 Dec. If her she was notnin jail on 10 Dec.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

14. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

Primarily for their location being within, for the most part, a 2.5 hour drive of Redding. Other's may have been mentioned in leads I'm aware of but can't discuss. I excluded the Bay Area, L.A. and cities like Fresno, Stockton, Bakersfield, Modesto, etc. only because I didn't want the scope of the task to be quite as overwhelming. Certainly other cities may have clues and of course people are free to assist or not, or look at other cities.

15. Lake16

Lake16 Verified Insider

My understanding is that she was dropped off on 17 not far from some dark houses a bit west of the drilling company which I speculate is what she thought was a wrecking yard in the dark and in her disoriented state. When she was picked up she was North of the intersection on I-5, not South as your location 4 shows. She didn't know exactly where she was, but she somehow knew she was South of Redding. According to a family member she went North on the on ramp because she knew home was to the North and she ran, not just walked, to a streetlight on I-5 in an attempt to be more visible as she was trying to flag down vehicles.

16. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

If Sherri were dropped there, that close to I-5S it would be risky for the person releasing her at that location and it would beg the question of why Sherri didn't stay there and flag down southbound traffic. There was a decent amount of traffic coming through the area considering that dozens of callers reported someone on the side of the highway after seeing her on the northbound side.

LE was at location #1 for some reason. Everything flows as you depict on the map from what was described about the release. The exact location of her release seems to be one of those details being kept secret for no good reason.

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

So are we now thinking that SP was abducted at gunpoint and forced to work on a marijuana plantation for 3 weeks?

18. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

19. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

I'm not. That is rediculous.
    Look at the 2 women. They match the description, but they are only a yr apart.
    (One older one younger)

20. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

Not everyone knows there are call boxes on freeways. I once spent an entire night broken down on I-4 north of Orlando. Never once considered there might be call boxes. So I just stayed the night in the car. This was years ago and no cell phone. At first light I walked to the nearest exit.

BTW, the article linked below indicates that the number of call boxes has been reduced in some areas (Orange County in particular). They used to be 1/2 mile apart. Now in the age of cell phones they're a mile apart. So Sherri likely would have had to walk a ways on the side of the interstate. That was something I wasn't comfortable doing in the dark when it happened to me.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/call-664586-boxes-motorists.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.