Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said her kids routine was planned almost to the minute. I imagine she could keep their day on task regardless of if her husband came home or not. I'm a SAHM and I don't change my/my kids schedule if my husband gets home early or takes a random day off.

But what do you think she planned for the children the day of her disappearance? Not much if she planned to pick them up as late as 5 or 6. Perhaps much more if she planned to get them at 1 or 2. We have no idea yet what her routine was and if Wednesday the 2nd was really all that odd.

It is a very strong possibility Liz b. I think the witness sightings were off in timing or perhaps even the day. Seeing your posts made me think of Mekenzie Cowell.

Did LE not say that she wasn't seen on the video surveillance ? And, had she been running at the times mentioned they would have expected to see her on vid surveillance ?

Another oddity. I understand why husband did not return Sherri's text for 3 hours - he does not take his personal cell inside customer's homes. But why did she not return his text? And why did he not find that odd? He texted her at 1:30ish and she never responded. And he obviously did not find that odd because 4 hours after he texted her, he expected her and the children to greet him at the door with a hug. I would find it very odd indeed if my stay at home partner did not return a text for more than 4 hours. Especially if this couple is as close as two peas in a pod, according to him and his family. Why the heck would she not return a text sent 4 hours before he returned home? If it's because she was abducted during that time, why did he not become alarmed much, much sooner? If that was the norm, then I delicately suggest perhaps this couple was not as close as the perfect photos suggest.

Personally, I'd be pissed or alarmed if my partner did not return my text, unless that was a habit. And if it was a habit, one wonders why.

But what do you think she planned for the children the day of her disappearance? Not much if she planned to pick them up as late as 5 or 6. Perhaps much more if she planned to get them at 1 or 2. We have no idea yet what her routine was and if Wednesday the 2nd was really all that odd.

I was thinking, about her having such a tight routine, was not if she had planned anything specific for the day, but what someone who knows her routine very well might have planned for the day. If you are planning to abduct a wife and mother would you rather do it when her husband's coming home for lunch and her kids are home, or when she's alone?

My point was, if this IS an abduction, it might not have been someone driving by that saw a pretty jogger and took a chance, but someone that knew the family intimately. Someone that knew she always picked up the kids at 2pm (as an example) and someone that knew husband might eat at home. Someone that intentionally planted a phone and checkbook. Jmo.

Did LE not say that she wasn't seen on the video surveillance ? And, had she been running at the times mentioned they would have expected to see her on vid surveillance ?

First question: yes. Second question: LE never said that, as far as I know.

They would need probable cause to get search warrants. Last thing LE has said was no evidence of foul play.

I thought a RSO could have their place searched at anytime for sex offender reasons?

I also thought that this is a requirement situation for all RSO in the area to have their property searched if a female is abducted in the area for possible sex purposes.

Another oddity. I understand why husband did not return Sherri's text for 3 hours - he does not take his personal cell inside customer's homes. But why did she not return his text? And why did he not find that odd? He texted her at 1:30ish and she never responded. And he obviously did not find that odd because 4 hours after he texted her, he expected her and the children to greet him at the door with a hug. I would find it very odd indeed if my stay at home partner did not return a text for more than 4 hours. Especially if this couple is as close as two peas in a pod, according to him and his family. Why the heck would she not return a text sent 4 hours before he returned home? If it's because she was abducted during that time, why did he not become alarmed much, much sooner? If that was the norm, then I delicately suggest perhaps this couple was not as close as the perfect photos suggest.

Personally, I'd be pissed or alarmed if my partner did not return my text, unless that was a habit. And if it was a habit, one wonders why.

He was replying to her text with an answer to her question. Sounds like his text was brief. He apparently didn't expect a follow-up text. I doubt there was more to it than that. Oh, and in case you didn't know, he's been cleared by LE.

Note: this is a reply to AceDetective's post about a "checkbook" not being a valid source of info. I cannot find the post and it didn't get quoted in my reply.

Totally agree. It's been a while since I've been on Websleuths and I'm surprising at the abundance of "enticing" details haphazardly thrown into the mix on this thread and not backed up by original sources. Example: Pinterest quote by someone named N**** G*** -- but now apparently being attributed to the victim. A checkbook being scrutinized but no source saying SP had a checkbook while jogging. Or these theories that appear to have no factual or logical basis (suicide with a ruse? suspicious daycare choices?). Would love to see more actual "sleuthing" here -- because the WS community has actually SOLVED cases in the past by focusing on responsibly-acquired and valid info/evidence.

I wonder about the partially wrapped gift. Could she have gone for her run at btw 11 and noon and was at home later wrapping the gift. And was interrupted by someone at the door. A gun and a threat or taser could have enabled someone to get her out of the house with almost no sign of a struggle. If she came to the door with the phone and was wearing the earbuds that completes the scenario. The unwrapped gift may be the only suspicious hint we have.

Of course, this might imply it was someone she knew if she opened the door.

He was replying to her text with an answer to her question. Sounds like his text was brief. He apparently didn't expect a follow-up text. I doubt there was more to it than that. Oh, and in case you didn't know, he's been cleared by LE.

Yes, I'm quite aware that LE says they cleared him. Why would you think I'm accusing him? I don't think he did anything.

Good points.

I have also wondered if perhaps he did see her original post about lunch and made up the bs about not having his personal cell with him. I wonder if they fought the previous night. Not that it matters much in a cut and dry abduction scenario, other than it would explain "I wish I was there", "she's screaming for me" and that gutwrenching guilt he must be feeling if he was "blowing her off" too so to speak.

Someone posted Sherri's photobucket account yesterday. I browsed through it and found one pic alarming...the one of her back, topless. I'm fairly certain it was photobucket, can't locate it now.
She's tiny, as we know from her stats (5'3" and 100 pounds). In that pic she looks downright sickly.
IF she has some disordered eating habits, or is compulsive in her jogging, that's actually a bit telling. Eating disorders are a way to feel in control of your life, an exceptionally lousy coping mechanism, even a way to consciously or subconsciously punish yourself if you're not living up to "perfect". Perfect supermom. perfect wife, picture perfect blonde beauty. The pressure we put on ourselves is irrational, but all-consuming. It threatens to destroy us every waking second. It's also cyclical - the more stress (money, kids, etc.) the more disordered the behaviors. The more disordered the behaviors, the more stressful life becomes. We are grade A liars and manipulators who will do anything to appear normal, happy and not depressed when in reality it's the complete opposite. We are often in denial ourselves and can't admit the problem to anyone else. IF there is a problem along these lines with Sherri, it's possible that her family didn't even know.
I'm no shrink and surely can not say with any certainty that Sherri has food/weight issues. I just think that her size and exercise habits might be a clue that her life wasn't as perfect as it seemed and that it was manifesting itself physically even if no one knew what to look for or what they were looking at.
One thing I do know with certainty is that you can never truly know everything about someone and that looks can be deceiving. Just because she didn't seem depressed, stressed or overwhelmed doesn't mean she wasn't.
Just wild speculation here. I'm leaving all the options on the table...abduction, suicide or voluntarily missing. I'm hoping for the latter. Sweet Sherri needs to be home.

Thanks.

Because most RSO are on parole conditions that allow simple property searches by their parole officers or LE. Jmo

Well, despite insinuations, there really is no evidence this was a sex crime. It sounds like a lot of wasted taxes and time that would be better spent looking for SP. I sure wouldn't bet her life that whoever might have taken her is still on parole. JMO.

First question: yes. Second question: LE never said that, as far as I know.

No, I wasn't saying that LE said the second part. Just that it would follow logically, if she had indeed been running.

Well, despite insinuations, there really is no evidence this was a sex crime. It sounds like a lot of wasted taxes and time that would be better spent looking for SP. I sure wouldn't bet her life that whoever might have taken her is still on parole. JMO.

A woman that may have been abducted while living in a radius of tons of Rso

Should be a waste of time to check out the rso in the area?

Are You Kidding Me?

<modsnip>
From ca.gov

Penal Code Section 3067 &#8211; Subject to Search
a) Any inmate who is eligible for release on parole pursuant to this chapter shall agree in writing to be subject to search or seizure by a parole officer or other peace officer at any time of the day or night, with or without a search warrant and with or without cause.

Penal Code Section 3067 has many subsections that affect the authority to search and should be reviewed in its entirety for complete information.

I have not read that the kids have been questioned about anything. I wonder if they may have seen anything unusual.

For what it's worth, I think the ransom angle is a good one. If they were threatened, it could explain Sherri's family not being as involved right now.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

A woman that may have been abducted while living in a radius of tons of Rso

Should be a waste of time to check out the rso in the area?

Are You Kidding Me?

Thanks Dex. I was the one who checked and there are 116 RSOs in that zip code. I'd be knocking on every door and asking questions. Lots of them.

Someone posted Sherri's photobucket account yesterday. I browsed through it and found one pic alarming...the one of her back, topless. I'm fairly certain it was photobucket, can't locate it now.
She's tiny, as we know from her stats (5'3" and 100 pounds). In that pic she looks downright sickly.
IF she has some disordered eating habits, or is compulsive in her jogging, that's actually a bit telling. Eating disorders are a way to feel in control of your life, an exceptionally lousy coping mechanism, even a way to consciously or subconsciously punish yourself if you're not living up to "perfect". Perfect supermom. perfect wife, picture perfect blonde beauty. The pressure we put on ourselves is irrational, but all-consuming. It threatens to destroy us every waking second. It's also cyclical - the more stress (money, kids, etc.) the more disordered the behaviors. The more disordered the behaviors, the more stressful life becomes. We are grade A liars and manipulators who will do anything to appear normal, happy and not depressed when in reality it's the complete opposite. We are often in denial ourselves and can't admit the problem to anyone else. IF there is a problem along these lines with Sherri, it's possible that her family didn't even know.
I'm no shrink and surely can not say with any certainty that Sherri has food/weight issues. I just think that her size and exercise habits might be a clue that her life wasn't as perfect as it seemed and that it was manifesting itself physically even if no one knew what to look for or what they were looking at.
One thing I do know with certainty is that you can never truly know everything about someone and that looks can be deceiving. Just because she didn't seem depressed, stressed or overwhelmed doesn't mean she wasn't.
Just wild speculation here. I'm leaving all the options on the table...abduction, suicide or voluntarily missing. I'm hoping for the latter. Sweet Sherri needs to be home.

Thank you for the thoughtful and insightful post. Lots to think about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname