Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are looking at cleared calls/leads on the call sheet. It looks like this call was received at 16:36, Dispatcher at 17:18, Arrival of officer at 17:42 and finally cleared at 18:03.

link: http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-14-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2
attachment.php

What we don't know and isn't shown here is whether or not this person made a call to report this back on 11/2 or 11/3. The part about him contacting the major crimes unit is cut off and apparently shows up on the next page, which we don't have......yet.

A woman's life is at stake and you wait 12 days? Or LE just sat on it for 12 days? Yeah, I'm not buying that.
Could it be someone who saw her running earlier and followed her back to see where she lived. Then after abducting her, perhaps with a weapon, drove back near the location she runs back to their location, tossing the phone along the way? I do see the logic in her being taken from the home, and not on the run.

You have to be careful when putting a whole lot of stake in some of these reports, especially the most recent ones. If LE can backtrack and find out if indeed this person did call someone about it the day it happened, then I would consider it a rock solid lead.

However, a $50,000 reward tends to bring out every fruit and nut within a 10 mile radius in the hopes that something they saw that day will result in a very merry christmas.

Yes. And every big case is rife with "sightings". Some are people who genuinely want to help, many just insert themselves for their 15 minutes.

I'm catching back up from last night and need to ask this for my own clarity.

Was any clothing actually found belonging to Sherri or is there something new that has developed?

From what I can tell, it's just speculation based on a bunch of reported incidents. Has LE reported or MSM reported anything to confirm any of this?

I'm catching back up from last night and need to ask this for my own clarity.

Was any clothing actually found belonging to Sherri or is there something new that has developed?

From what I can tell, it's just speculation based on a bunch of reported incidents. Has LE reported or MSM reported anything to confirm any of this?
Speculation. Nothing confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Shasta County has become a very bad area with huge increases in the last 10 years in the homeless population, and meth and heroin addicts. It used to be a very safe place to live. Someone posted in one of the first threads that there are over 500 RSO just in Shasta County alone. It's sad to see this happening, it is really such a beautiful area. :(

Beautiful scenery seems to be a magnet for these people. :mad: We see the same thing in Jackson and Josephine counties in southern Oregon, Humboldt county, Siskiyou and Trinity counties, Lake county....basically the Emerald Triangle+. We lived in rural Humboldt county before moving to Oregon in '84. Scary then, terrifying now. This is what KP means by "low lifes."

Just a few observations on the report of the 415 in the police log. Assuming the sighting of the altercation between a man in vehicle and woman on foot occurred at intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Holiday Road, that is right at Route 5 where there is an exit ramp. That intersection is 2.1 miles from her house and a bit out of the way for a loop run, it kind of becomes a dirt road after a cul de sac, then kind of a bushwack to Union School Rd to head back towards her house. As a jogger, that is not a route I would take with all the quiet residential back roads on more level ground up by her house. The elevation difference from her house to this intersection is over 100 feet, not saying Sherri would be adverse to running up and down hills, but again, as a runner, I would not want to be on that hill. My point is that I do not think this argument is related to the case. There is a gas station/liquor store at that intersection and I would think there would be cameras there and also, more likely to be people arguing over booze, or drugs, or domestic disputes out side a liquor store and less of a place to abduct someone in the open in view of a commercial establishment. So my conclusion is that this was not Sherri being abducted. JMO

Yes. And every big case is rife with "sightings". Some are people who genuinely want to help, many just insert themselves for their 15 minutes.

That's true, but even the cops admit themselves....."all it takes is that one lead".

I've read a whole lot of people's comments on social media that seem to have very little faith in this local police department handling this in the right way. Whether that's justified or not I have no way of knowing. It's always possible though that a person did call in the day she vanished (or the next day) and was simply waiting on a callback from a detective. A call that may not have ever come.

We don't know that they hired Bill Garcia, do we? I read he volunteered to help the family. I saw where he spoke to the family, said he provided some comfort (whatever that means) and went to the place where her phone was found.

I haven't seen anything else.

What I meant to say is, I'm glad they have a PI working on the case. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!!! I've been trying to say this through four threads of posts!!

I wasn't complaining about the cleared calls in the log. I was complaining about all the posts on The HFSP Facebook page where several people are reporting to be blown off by LE when they call in a lead.

That's true, but even the cops admit themselves....."all it takes is that one lead".

I've read a whole lot of people's comments on social media that seem to have very little faith in this local police department handling this in the right way. Whether that's justified or not I have no way of knowing. It's always possible though that a person did call in the day she vanished (or the next day) and was simply waiting on a callback from a detective. A call that may not have ever come.

The callback that never came may explain the woman mentioned on the log upthread who was "uncooperative" and "demanded" to speak to an officer in person. That would have been me. If I'd been ignored there is no way I'd make another phone report. I would demand to see someone in person if I had to go to headquarters and park myself until they listened. I know LE is overwhelmed and can't keep up, but people who complain about LE ignoring their call really upset me. If it's important, make them listen!
JMO

I wasn't complaining about the cleared calls in the log. I was complaining about all the posts on The HFSP Facebook page where several people are reporting to be blown off by LE when they call in a lead.

My comment wasn't directed at you at all!

It would really help me to know what "ITA" means in the report above, in the context it is used of course.

I'm not familiar with that term. I'm assuming it means something along the lines of " In transit ____??"

It would really help me to know what "ITA" means in the report above, in the context it is used of course.

I'm not familiar with that term. I'm assuming it means something along the lines of " In transit ____??"
In the area, I believe.

Hi! I just joined websleuths because I have been reading about this case. I assumed ITA means "in the area", but I'm not positive.

All that tells me is that the cop talked to the guy and then called in at 1803 to report he was 10-8. (back in service)

It also has follow up in bold letters.

I think this is the follow up. If you look down the page someone was arrested and it states in bold arrested.

I think this is the follow up. If you look down the page someone was arrested and it states in bold arrested.

I agreed with Steelman. I think all that said was a patrol officer was dispatched, took the report, and will pass it on to investigators. Hard to know for sure, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva