Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhones have a "Health" icon built in on the app screen. It logs the number of steps you take and the time you took them. It is shown in a graph format (by hour, day, month, etc..). By looking at hers, LE should have a pretty time frame of when she left to go jog, how far she ran, and when her phone stopped recording steps.

Nice. The feature can be turned off, though. And does it break it down beyond by the hour?

The phone may or may not be a treasure trove of information. First of all I sure hope they were able to get in. Secondly, she could be using any number of fitness type apps. Many runners use apps to track their runs, and many of those apps record your exact route.

Nice. The feature can be turned off, though. And does it break it down beyond by the hour?

The phone may or may not be a treasure trove of information. First of all I sure hope they were able to get in. Secondly, she could be using any number of fitness type apps. Many runners use apps to track their runs, and many of those apps record your exact route.

Mine has it down to the minute. I can tell how much I have been sitting on WS too, since there isn't much movement.
ETA, I didn't even know I had this, so I don't know how I could turn it off.

That's what I was wondering. Are they understaffed? With them stopping the ground searches so early on then mistakenly classifying her disappearance as voluntary, to the amount of time it takes for them to respond to leads- it would make sense that they need more help.

Local LE had it classified as Suspicious but it was the state DOJ that classified it as Voluntary.

Based on everything we are hearing, my WAG is that LE believes she was murdered by an acquaintance (rather than something involving a stranger). Part of why LE may be responding to leads in this case is that they've already determined that some of them are most likely wrong. Not that I'm accusing the husband, but I'd like to point this out:
11/8: "He said the husband has been interrogated multiple times by police."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article113409723.html
11/14: "Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, spent a lot of time with Shasta County investigators today. There's nothing new from officials, at least publicly. They admit that they have very little go to on."
I don't think they'd be calling him in over and over again if they thought some stranger did this randomly, but for one reason or the other are looking for information from him over a period of weeks.

The reason Keith was with police is in the call log. It was a follow up on leads from the public and it had to do with the house behind the Papini's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local LE had it classified as Suspicious but it was the state DOJ that classified it as Voluntary.

Right but where did the DOJ initially get that idea? It should've never happened.

We still only know those facts as described on the most recent timeline.

To clear up confusion...

SP texted KP at 10:37 am asking if he'd be home for lunch.

the tree cutters saw her in the morning before lunch. 11:00 am-ish.

LE stated her phone stopped communicating around noon, 12:00 pm-ish.

KP responded to SP's text at 1:39 pm.

LE stated the next known fact was KP coming home from work, 4:30-5:00 pm-ish.

KP called the MP report at 5:51 pm.

LE purposefully and intentionally left out any reference to 2:00 pm.

LE contacted the FBI for assistance. I hope and pray the college/dam situations are being handled and that Sherri is discovered there, alive. At this point that is the best case scenario.

SP is not a gullible, naive teen. She is a woman with a lot to fight for and I imagine she would be difficult to handle compared to a frightened teen. I hope and pray she is playing it smart, because if she is too feisty they might kill her.

I have an android phone so I'm not sure how iPhone differs, but if I send a text, I can click on the details of it and see if it's been received and read etc. if her phone wasn't communicating after 12 and her husband sent the text after that, is he able to see if her device received it and if it was read?

"Both phones were dumped"? I think I missed something. Can you please explain? TIA

I'll try to find it. Someone posted a link about it in the previous thread earlier today.

I don't believe LE can determine whether or not a lead is credible unless it is fully investigated. What if researching one of these tips of someone (presumed to be SP) being held leads them to finding other missing persons? It may not be relevant to SP, but would still warrant being checked out. As far as KP, we don't know who initiated the visit with LE yesterday. If it were my loved one and I had searched everywhere I could think of, I'd be scheduling a daily visit at the precinct for an update.

Based on everything we are hearing, my WAG is that LE believes she was murdered by an acquaintance (rather than something involving a stranger). Part of why LE may be responding to leads in this case is that they've already determined that some of them are most likely wrong. Not that I'm accusing the husband, but I'd like to point this out:
11/8: "He said the husband has been interrogated multiple times by police."
11/14: "Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, spent a lot of time with Shasta County investigators today. There's nothing new from officials, at least publicly. They admit that they have very little go to on."
I don't think they'd be calling him in over and over again if they thought some stranger did this randomly, but for one reason or the other are looking for information from him over a period of weeks.

Mine has it down to the minute. I can tell how much I have been sitting on WS too, since there isn't much movement.

Thanks.

By the minute would give them quite an accurate picture.

Yeah, it's on by default, not everybody knows about it, and I'm thinking someone into fitness would be inclined to leave it on.
So it's quite probable they have this info.

What was going on behind their house?

86e5a033a87b41bb9d0b7ce01129d332.jpg

Sounds like the phone will give a plethora of information ... technology is awesome. ;)

I don't believe LE can determine whether or not a lead is credible unless it is fully investigated. What if researching one of these tips of someone (presumed to be SP) being held leads them to finding other missing persons? It may not be relevant to SP, but would still warrant being checked out. As far as KP, we don't know who initiated the visit with LE yesterday. If it were my loved one and I had searched everywhere I could think of, I'd be scheduling a daily visit at the precinct for an update.

I think they have to investigate everything, but what they do is prioritize

Unless it's a known battery drain I doubt anyone would turn it off, most wouldn't know it was there I bet.

"Both phones were dumped"? I think I missed something. Can you please explain? TIA

Post #1175 in the last thread. I couldn't bring it over. One user said dumped meant the police took both Keith and Sherri's phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member