1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
5. Still running, away from domesticity
6. Jog a red-herring; killed beforehand
7. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
8. Suicide; body undiscovered

What am I leaving out? And what do you think?
I don't think it's hoax, but I suppose anything is possible. Could explain that bizarre ransom letter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I find it troubling that they say they aren't working with LE, but they want leads sent to them. If they did get a legitimate lead, they could make a pig's breakfast out of it if not get her killed if she is still alive. As far as I can tell the 'negotiator' isn't a licensed PI authorized to privately conduct a criminal investigation.

I don't think they are investigating what happened ust offering up the money without law enforcement being involved.

KP's step dad's response to ransom offer

"[FONT=&quot]As a family member I can attest this is a legitimate, time limited offer. This is a separate, distinct offer versus the $50k reward the family and secret witness are offering for Sherri's return and the conviction of the perpetrators. Please share so we can get the word out to whomever may be holding Sherri Papini." Per his FB pg 8hr ago[/FONT]

No, the family supports it.

As much as I think it's a rabbit hole, I think the family is right accepting assistance from anywhere and anywhere. Never cut off your nose to spite your face.

I don't think they are investigating what happened ust offering up the money without law enforcement being involved.
While cleverly redirecting tips away from legal authorities.

Don't understand how it's legal.

The FIL spoke of it in a positive way, and Keith said he met with the people in charge, so I took that to be in support of it. Otherwise wouldn't he ask them not to do it or make a statement distancing himself from it?

What I've seen reported is KP saying he's 'aware' of them:
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
And the sister saying the family has no association with them:
Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she had no knowledge about the letter and that the Papini family members had no association with the website.

“I have no idea. It’s nothing that I knew of,” she said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/P...eward-for-missing-woman-401771575.html?page=1

What I've seen reported is KP saying he's 'aware' of them:
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
And the sister saying the family has no association with them:
Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she had no knowledge about the letter and that the Papini family members had no association with the website.

“I have no idea. It’s nothing that I knew of,” she said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/P...eward-for-missing-woman-401771575.html?page=1
I read last night he met with them, but not the person donating, they wanted to stay anonymous. Will try to find.

Me too! On our security app my husband can see when I open and close doors or if I didn't close the door behind me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep. We had to add the garage doors because I got sick of my husband second guessing himself as to whether or not he in fact closed it, saw it go down etc and then turning around to check...(always down btw...grrrr) now we can open and close them from anywhere in the world...yeah technology!!!
But great for pet sitters too...the system monitors everything including the motion sensors...so I can tell my animals are in fact being cared for and I get what I am paying for time wise with the sitters....

Looks like meeting was on Sundust rd not Sunrise where SP lives. Why go back to the neighbors house who lives behind SP? Could they have been searching her property again? 3 hrs is a long time. Why no KP at meeting? Sister and mother were there.
I think people are misunderstanding these follow up reports. The names and info have carried forward since the first few days.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

They are asking for leads, which is not just offering a ransom. When you are seeking leads in a criminal investigation, that's a whole different ballgame than saying you're just waiting to receive a call to pay a ransom as one is a criminal investigation while the other isn't. They say to email them leads:
"Again, please do not use this number for press inquiries, or even for leads. If you have a lead or press
inquiry, please use the above email address and the negotiator will be in touch. "

Maybe it's a generational thing? The younger don't seem to mind because they grew up with more technology and it's commonplace? My husband's got an app on his phone that sends him messages every time the garage goes up and down. I get the usefulness, but it does annoy me a little bit that he knows exactly when I'm leaving and when I arrive home. I've got nothing to hide and we've been happily married for 24 years.

DH and I have it and we have been married 40 years. He asks me to track his phone constantly because he's always leaving it in odd places. Our grown daughter and her husband and their 11 yr old daughter are all on the same app with us too. Granddaughter likes to check and see where we all are and we do the same with her. Its a multi-generational tool for us. We have an app for the security cameras at our home that our daughter has access to also. It's a scary world these days. We all try to look out for each other.

"[FONT="]As a family member I can attest this is a legitimate, time limited offer. This is a separate, distinct offer versus the $50k reward the family and secret witness are offering for Sherri's return and the conviction of the perpetrators. Please share so we can get the word out to whomever may be holding Sherri Papini." Per his FB pg 8hr ago[/FONT]

What is secret witness?

trying to keep up but many pages to go through every morning

Not sure why, but skimming this thread this morning, and major anxiety....I didn't start having anxiety attacks until after losing 3 family members, and 2 fur family members within a few months. At any rate, it's bothersome that this case is triggering it.

The dogs......not reliable IMO. Too many cases where dogs didn't pick up a scent, even when a child played in the yard everyday, or was at a camping site, or where someone's scent would expected to be, such as their own yard.... no...I don't put much faith in tracking dogs in missing person cases.... Now...put a dog on the trail of an injured deer, I've seen them find it ASAP. Dogs finding a deceased person, I've seen many cases here where they did pick up that scent, whether the person had been in a trunk, on the floor before being moved, etc. Decomposition the dogs seem more accurate on. Again, all my opinion only from following cases here for many years. I have seen in real life, a personal dog find it's owner or track their scent. Some people 'train' their dogs just for fun, and give the dog exercise mentally and physically. I can go outside and hide anywhere, and even though my scent is all over the farm, ONE of my six dogs will accurately find me each me. The others? They may follow my scent, they may go looking for a rabbit, eat some horse poop, look for the groundhog, etc.

I don't know how I feel about the reward. I have NOT seen a case where any amount of reward actually resulted in a person being found. I have seen where the reward was given to someone who 'accidentally' found the body, but not where the person was located based on the reward. Could it happen? Sure. It could snow today too, but I doubt it will.

As my post indicate, my mind jumps here and there, thus do my actions. I may do one thing the same way 50 times and the 51st time, do something completely different. So I don't see anything strange about the wrapping, the tag, etc. Now, if I had to send that package in the mail, unless I had printed the label off the computer, then no, I doubt I would have the address ready until the package was sealed. But everyone is different so who knows.

Too many cases we see so and so would NEVER or ALWAYS....yet we find that isn't true. People don't ALWAYS do things the exact same way, or ALWAYS take their cell phone, ALWAYS have their purse, ALWAYS take the same route, etc. Likewise, with NEVER. People are known to forget items, no matter how important it usually is to them. Especially if stressed, depressed, lots on their mind, running late, distracted, etc. I'm a smoker, most of my family would say I NEVER leave the house without a pack of cigs. WRONG....I've had to stop and buy a pack multiple times while having a full carton at home. Typically because I got distracted while leaving the house.

AND.....no matter how WE would do something, that doesn't make it the only way, the right way, nor how others do it. So while human actions come into play a small amount, not really in the grand scheme of things. Like in this case, anyone looked into backpages, the fetish sites, etc? Because in other cases it's a part of the case. Even the professional link site, I didn't realize people sent messages in that, yet it does, as in the Missy Bevers case.

Wherever Sherri is, I hope she's alive, and well. If captive, I hope she can find a way to escape. If own her own, I hope she can contact someone and let them know she is OK.

"[FONT=&quot]As a family member I can attest this is a legitimate, time limited offer. This is a separate, distinct offer versus the $50k reward the family and secret witness are offering for Sherri's return and the conviction of the perpetrators. Please share so we can get the word out to whomever may be holding Sherri Papini." Per his FB pg 8hr ago[/FONT]

Even if that was said on FB somewhere, Sheila Koester is the family spokesperson.
"The Record Searchlight tried to reach to Rodriguez for comment on the case, but Sherri Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she is still the spokesman for the family instead of Rodriguez."

Other than the money offered and a licence, what is the difference between a negotiator and PI asking for tips

Not saying I agree or disagree with the letter as I find the whole thing hard to comprehend,But I am curious as to the difference

Not real comfortable with it at all

I don't know what to believe. It almost feels like a hoax with the lack of evidence and the reward being offered. Maybe they got in over their heads and the reward is an opportunity for an out. Or maybe she took off to live off the grid. Alien abduction? Truthfully, I have no clue just like the rest of us. I wish we had answers.

Find my phone, tracking spouses or kids, home security systems, again I see as just all people are different and thus it is what it is. I don't put much thought into otherwise.

I do not have any tracking on my phone nor my husband's or kid's despite my years of following true crime. I don't have a home security other than my dogs and my Smith and Wesson.... and until one of my dogs learned to open the door, I didn't lock my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.