GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
is northstate the new state of jefferson reference? because no one else in cali uses that term lol.

‘Northstate?’ I didn’t see that one. You didn’t mean the ‘South County’ reference, did you? I looked that up, and it seems to be a standard Shasta County thing, snd the name of a sheriff’s station.

MOO

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article259049303.html

Sherri's family statement:

“We love Sherri and are appalled by the way in which law enforcement ambushed her this afternoon in a dramatic and unnecessary manner in front of her children. If requested, Sherri would have fully complied and come to the police station, as she has done multiple times before, where this could have been handled in a more appropriate way. Sherri and Keith have cooperated with law enforcement’s requests despite repeated attempts to unnecessarily pit them against each other, empty threats to publicly embarrass them and other conduct that was less than professional. We are confused by several aspects of the charges and hope to get clarification in the coming days.”

hmmm....Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Well said! It seems everything is always someone else's fault.

I think her family has become just as addicted to Sherri's drama as Sherri is. I'm sure they have a million excuses. It's just Sherri, she's a fragile soul, people are so hard on her so she acts out but she never means any harm. And I'm sure Sherri eats up that praise. I think at this point, it's just a vicious circle. I know I've said that before, but I think we're going to see this ramp up a lot before the trial, a lot of Poor Sherri stories.

If she gets sent to prison, (I'm very dubious) it will be the worst prison sentence anyone ever did in the history of incarceration. Claiming she couldn't eat the jail food will be the least dramatic of the accusations that will fly.

I have little doubt she already is signed up with an agent and something is in the works, something that paints Sherri as an innocent and brings in a hefty paycheck.

That picture of her with Todd's back turned is so creepy. Sort of a Beauty and The Beast or Lolita-like sexual vibe, she looks child-like and virginal. If she had a blue ribbon in her hair, I'd think Alice in Wonderland. Also, she has on far too much blush.

Sherri will always be the signature blonde with the fresh highlights and a scheme in her heart.

MOO

I think her family has become just as addicted to Sherri's drama as Sherri is. I'm sure they have a million excuses. It's just Sherri, she's a fragile soul, people are so hard on her so she acts out but she never means any harm. And I'm sure Sherri eats up that praise. I think at this point, it's just a vicious circle. I know I've said that before, but I think we're going to see this ramp up a lot before the trial, a lot of Poor Sherri stories.

If she gets sent to prison, (I'm very dubious) it will be the worst prison sentence anyone ever did in the history of incarceration. Claiming she couldn't eat the jail food will be the least dramatic of the accusations that will fly.

I have little doubt she already is signed up with an agent and something is in the works, something that paints Sherri as an innocent and brings in a hefty paycheck.

That picture of her with Todd's back turned is so creepy. Sort of a Beauty and The Beast or Lolita-like sexual vibe, she looks child-like and virginal. If she had a blue ribbon in her hair, I'd think Alice in Wonderland. Also, she has on far too much blush.

Sherri will always be the signature blonde with the fresh highlights and a scheme in her heart.

MOO
Even before we knew she was FOS, the picture gave me major creeps.

@MrsWatson If she gets sent to prison, (I'm very dubious) it will be the worst prison sentence anyone ever did in the history of incarceration. Claiming she couldn't eat the jail food will be the least dramatic of the accusations that will fly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RSBM
Not only the prison food which she can't be expected to eat, but maybe the signature blonde hair won't be blonded as often. Oh the inhumanity.

So shall we expect her to present at her trial looking like Marian the Librarian with drab brown hair and glasses? I mean so many of he women I have seen who committed crimes were real eye catching, then you see them at trial looking drab- she wouldn't want to be seen like that but she would do it if her attorney tells her it would help her avoid prison!!

So shall we expect her to present at her trial looking like Marian the Librarian with drab brown hair and glasses? I mean so many of he women I have seen who committed crimes were real eye catching, then you see them at trial looking drab- she wouldn't want to be seen like that but she would do it if her attorney tells her it would help her avoid prison!!

A wise client would follow attorney advice IMHO, a trusting client, a mature client.

Court might be a 3-ring circus in other situations....

jmho ymmv lrr

@MrsWatson If she gets sent to prison, (I'm very dubious) it will be the worst prison sentence anyone ever did in the history of incarceration. Claiming she couldn't eat the jail food will be the least dramatic of the accusations that will fly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RSBM
Not only the prison food which she can't be expected to eat, but maybe the signature blonde hair won't be blonded as often. Oh the inhumanity.

If Anna Sorokin (aka Anna Delvey) can survive 2 years in prison (and time before that at Rikers), I think her sister scammer Papini will do just fine!

Sherri Papini’s Big Adventure: From Her House to the Big House?

Posted on March 26, 2022 by R.V. Scheide

In the 1995 neo-noir film The Usual Suspects, actor Kevin Spacey plays the role of a small-time con artist who, under questioning by a U.S. Customs agent reveals the mysterious criminal mastermind Keyser Söze has been killed during a bloody seaport shootout the night before, As it turns out, the small-time con artist played by Spacey is, spoiler alert, Keyser Söze himself, who has based his false testimony on random objects scattered around the agent’s cluttered office, as the agent belatedly discovers shortly after Söze is granted bail and set free.

It’s an unexpected but satisfying turn of events at the film’s end. Now, imagine that same ending, except this time the federal agent is prepared for Söze’s subterfuge and exposes him as a withering criminal fraud, and you’ll have some understanding of the trouble alleged kidnap-hoaxer Sherri Papini is in.

On Nov. 2, 2016, Papini, a then-34-year-old mother of two disappeared while jogging near her Mountain Gate home north of Redding. She left behind only her iPhone, which her husband Keith found near the spot of her alleged abduction, with tufts of his wife’s blond hair intertwined with the neatly coiled up headphone wires.

The case immediately attracted international attention, thanks to the petite blue-eyed blonde’s good looks, her supposed status as an over-achieving “supermom” and the various local grifters who arose in the wake of her disappearance seeking to capitalize on her apparent misfortune.

remainder of article, photos, and local Shasta county comments at the link: Sherri Papini’s Big Adventure: From Her House to the Big House? – anewscafe.com

So the unsecured bond is only $50K - ?? from what I gathered in that article and not $120K.

SP's total bond was set at $120K.

For whatever reason, the article only provided details about the $5ok unsecured bond provided by SP's parents and did not include details on the $70K secured bond by her husband (secured probably by their property).

Sherri Papini granted bail amid accusations of faking abduction | abc10.com

During a virtual court hearing, a judge said Papini could be released on bond if she surrenders her passport, restricts her travel to the eastern district of California, and surrenders all her firearms. $70,000 will be secured by her husband and a $50,000 unsecured bond by her parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa