Found Deceased CA - Shirley "Jean" Airth 94, Critical Missing, last seen leaving home 32000 block Via Buena, San Juan Capistrano, 18 Dec 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1671544994932.png

Orange County Sheriff Twitter and (first) Facebook link have a video of her walking.

We are still looking for Shirley Airth, who goes by the name, “Jean”. Please this updated photo and video of Shirley Jean. We’d like to get her home safely.

On Sunday, 12-18-22 at about 5pm, 94-year-old Shirley Jean Airth left her home in San Juan Capistrano on foot in an unknown direction. Shirley Jean was last seen wearing a yellow and white shirt, black sweater with white sparkles, and using a black metal cane.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department is considering Shirley Jean a critical missing person. Anyone with information regarding Shirley Jean’s whereabouts is asked to call the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Dispatch at 714-647-7000.

1671544592557.png

Her family is asking for volunteers to help search and to put up flyers. They are meeting Tues morning at 8:00am in the parking lot of the San Juan Hills Golf Club,
32120 San Juan Creek Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

A Silver Alert has finally been issued.

Oh no! I just found the thread and was hoping two posts meant the second was saying she'd been found. This breaks my heart. I just lost my 100 yo Mom last month and the thought of her being just lost out in the cold is more than I can bear. Prayers being offered that Jean comes home safely.

Ms. Jean is still missing. :(

SBM
December 21, 2022

Her son B. A. shared in a news conference Tuesday that she may be experiencing symptoms of paranoia due to her dementia. He asked residents to check their security footage and storage spaces, sheds, garages and unlocked cars in case she may be hiding.

“She has four children, nine grandchildren and we dearly miss her. We’re very concerned about her and we want her back for the holidays,” said Airth.

Was praying for a Christmas miracle for Jean. It’s 69 degrees there right now so it’s possible she could still be alive if she’s outside? Although my elderly father thought it was freezing when it was 78 degrees but still it could be survivable? No food and water since Dec !8 - almost a week. Ugh it hurts my heart. This poor family.

Was praying for a Christmas miracle for Jean. It’s 69 degrees there right now so it’s possible she could still be alive if she’s outside? Although my elderly father thought it was freezing when it was 78 degrees but still it could be survivable? No food and water since Dec !8 - almost a week. Ugh it hurts my heart. This poor family.
It's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so worried that she may have fallen and be in need of help. Where are you Jean???

Confirmed deceased.

An autopsy is expected to be done this week and investigators are continuing to probe what happened, but at this time her death is not considered suspicious, Steinle said.

When you are 94, it can be considered a natural death, even if you pass out and just die. My Mom is 92, and has had a couple of close calls recently. She is in relatively good health but her body is 'old.' Things are wearing out and sometimes things are not working perfectly.

She wandered a few times recently and I was so thankful she was found safe and sound. But her memory is very faulty and she couldn't remember where she lived and she didn't take any ID with her so the woman who found her had to call an ambulance.

When you are 94, it can be considered a natural death, even if you pass out and just die. My Mom is 92, and has had a couple of close calls recently. She is in relatively good health but her body is 'old.' Things are wearing out and sometimes things are not working perfectly.

She wandered a few times recently and I was so thankful she was found safe and sound. But her memory is very faulty and she couldn't remember where she lived and she didn't take any ID with her so the woman who found her had to call an ambulance.
Not to mention that it was very cold for SoCal when she went missing, with lows in the 40s. That put her at high risk for hypothermia given her age.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back