Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everybody's family is different. I tend to be a pain in the butt if you ask my kids but they text me at various times during the day. Especially after school if they are going to be late or have an activity...etc.

I'm curious about her afternoon schedule. Not that it has anything to do with her going missing because she went missing during the morning but I'm curious about what Sierra's day was like typically. Did she ride the bus home and got home at a certain time everyday? Was she involved in any after school activities that might make her come home later? How did she get home on those days? Etc.

I see your point though. But again, everyone is different.

Where I lived and when I grew up (mid 90s for teen years) there were quite a few kids who were unsupervised/ untracked until dinner time since both parents worked until 6 or 7. Kids hung out with friends and got a ride with them or did sports or went home right away. Those parents pretty much left the teens to themselves for the afternoon.

Her normal routine would be helpful, I agree.

Yaeh, I figured that was more likely the reason...heaven forbid we ever infringe upon the rights of the kids...good grief, JMO.

And... In elementary school, which I taught, some of the kids who needed detention due to tardiness, missing homework..actually LOVED staying after school with teacher, because they were getting the attention they needed and craved, and we're not able to get at home. In fact, the students who needed it MOST often couldn't stay because it inconvenienced the parents.
Sorry...ranting due to my being jaded.
And my situation does not apply to Sierra's case, anyway.

trying to think of possible scenarios:

1. She was abducted from the front of her home (driveway).

2. She willingly got into someone's car because she knew them (knew them well or enough to not be alarmed to get into their car) and was abducted.

3. She never left the house and was removed from the home by car.

Anybody else think of other ways?

Due to her cell phone being found, I think she is in grave danger. My girls' phones are permanent body appendages! I just don't know if she was forced into a car, or went willingly with the wrong people. I don't mean to blame her or her parents, but her twitter and tumblr accounts are very disturbing to me. As the mother of both college and high school students, those posts would raise a lot of red flags for me. Lots of references to drugs, alcohol and sex. Makes me think that she ran with a wild crowd, and maybe didn't know some of them too well. Praying for her safe return.

Well, I'm still a little miffed that it was stated that the dogs couldn't find her scent beyond the driveway. She walks to the bus stop on other days, are the dogs trained for a 24 hr scent?

2. She willingly got into someone's car because she knew them (knew them well or enough to not be alarmed to get into their car) and was abducted.

I think it is at least possible that she has left on her own, with someone else, and tossed the phone herself. Not saying it is likely, but I admit I was shocked the other Sierra had gone off on her own, JMO.

Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE
I know the experts on this thread could give you some good advice. I am just an armchair sleuther, but what I lack in experience, I make up for in enthusiasm! :woohoo:

So..personally...I would drive by the bus stop, High Schools Sierra attended(s), where the phone was found, the house, if possible.
I would drive into town to get a feel of what the "atmosphere" is like. Look for fliers, etc.

I live pretty close by too and have been to Morgan Hill quite often. I bought my Beagle from there. I am going to take a drive over the hill as we say here and go check it out.

Don't forget to TAKE PICTURES!! for us!! :please:

I appreciate his candor with the public. Well written statement IMO

It was well written. But I still have some unanswered questions. Did he live in a hotel with other RSO's? Where did they stay when she visited him on weekends? Was he in any support groups for other felons where he may have discussed his daughters? Does he have a male room mate?

What about the victim of his sexual abuse? Are there any angry relatives that might want revenge for his actions?

I don't think he did anything to his daughter. But that doesn't mean that his RSO status has nothing to do with this case, imo.

It also may have added to her emotional issues. How intense must it have been to have her father go to trial and then to jail for a sex crime? And then moving to the new school---that rumor and gossip would follow her.

I have a question, the picture that Sierra's mother took of her the morning she went missing with a cell phone. Was that pic on her mothers cell phone or Sierra's? I am very concerned about this girl, with her phone being found so quickly, I am leaning towards whoever has her didn't care about hiding the phone very well since he is not attached to anything on it. IMO. Also, just in case anyone here knows the family, was she allowed to get rides to school from friends? If so, she would not have held that back from her mother if she was expecting a ride. Again, IMO. If she isn't allowed then maybe she would hold that info. IMO

Well, I'm still a little miffed that it was stated that the dogs couldn't find her scent beyond the driveway. She walks to the bus stop on other days, are the dogs trained for a 24 hr scent?

From what I know, which is just from other cases here, the best scent dogs are trained to follow the most recent or strongest scent trail. And that one evidently stopped at the end of the driveway. If they were 'jail' dogs, then they would follow any scent of hers, because there would only be a recent one. But search dogs can differentiate between old scents from her usual walks to the most recent one. imo

It was well written. But I still have some unanswered questions. Did he live in a hotel with other RSO's? Where did they stay when she visited him on weekends? Was he in any support groups for other felons where he may have discussed his daughters? Does he have a male room mate?

What about the victim of his sexual abuse? Are there any angry relatives that might want revenge for his actions?

I don't think he did anything to his daughter. But that doesn't mean that his RSO status has nothing to do with this case, imo.

It also may have added to her emotional issues. How intense must it have been to have her father go to trial and then to jail for a sex crime? And then moving to the new school---that rumor and gossip would follow her.

bbm

very valid questions

I know everybody's family is different. I tend to be a pain in the butt if you ask my kids but they text me at various times during the day. Especially after school if they are going to be late or have an activity...etc.

I'm curious about her afternoon schedule. Not that it has anything to do with her going missing because she went missing during the morning but I'm curious about what Sierra's day was like typically. Did she ride the bus home and got home at a certain time everyday? Was she involved in any after school activities that might make her come home later? How did she get home on those days? Etc.

I see your point though. But again, everyone is different.

Actually, it was more that I was dismayed ; 12 HOURS is such a very long time in a situation like this...

Agree about the afternoon routine. Did she see or speak to anyone on her street as she was walking home in the afternoons ? If no one was usually home when she got home, did any neighbor ever see Sierra bring someone home with her ?

At this point,every niggly little piece of data about Sierra and her daily routine could be important...MOO

Actually, it was more that I was dismayed ; 12 HOURS is such a very long time in a situation like this...

Agree about the afternoon routine. Did she see or speak to anyone on her street as she was walking home in the afternoons ? If no one was usually home when she got home, did any neighbor ever see Sierra bring someone home with her ?

At this point,every niggly little piece of data about Sierra and her daily routine could be important...MOO

I have the same questions. It just seems kind of automatic that a parent has a child check in with them once school is out. Even if the kid has an after school activity, or is just walking home from the bus, usually one wants them to check in with them for a quick minute.

You know I am beginning to think she knew her took her. Might even been a boyfriend she might have thrown the cellphone out herself not wanting to be found right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74