Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, duh, I didn't even THINK about the "no murder weapon"....grrrr....LOL

No worries - I can't keep track of details in all of these cases! I honestly can't remember a time when we had SO MANY active missing threads. So sad...

No worries - I can't keep track of details in all of these cases! I honestly can't remember a time when we had SO MANY active missing threads. So sad...

I know, it's a shame.

I've been following cases (never posted before this month) for years now.
Started following cases with the Ramsey case, and I've never seen so many OPEN missing cases in all the years since the Ramsey case.

Not a good sign.

I wonder how it will affect a trial if Sierra's family does not accept the fact that she is dead. I remember in Carrie Culbertson's case, the prosecution had a hard time convincing her mother that she had to accept this, and testify to it, as in a case without the victim, they need everyone who knew her to admit that she is gone. They really don't want her family on the stand saying they believe she could be alive someplace. Eventually Carrie's mom agreed and did state that she knew/believed Carrie was dead and the suspect was convicted. I feel they probably have more forensic evidence in this case,, but they still need everyone on the same page, as it were. As it is, the defense will likely put people on the stand who claim to have "seen" Sierra since March 16th. JMO

It can't be assumed that Sierra will be found, without a confession. Who knows how far he drove that day with Sierra...while chances are it was probably not far, there are just too many places she could be.

My impression is that Marlene is very close to accepting that Sierra is dead, if not there already.

If she truly thought Sierra is alive, why would she ask KlaasKids to keep on searching? Those searches never take place anywhere they would find a live victim; the only victim they might find would be dead.

A couple posters in the last couple days have mentioned that they didn't feel comfortable typing "Sierra is dead." How much more difficult it must be for her own mother to stand up in public and say that!

Those posters seem convinced that Sierra is dead, even though it isn't comfortable to type it yet.

I think Marlene is getting there.

Poor lady.

I think her little tirades on facebook actually make her and him look worse. I can understand that she is upset, but she should not be posting such things all over facebook. Given the way she speaks on fb, she is not the brightest crayon in the box. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to lie for him, but like another person said here, her just saying he was around that morning is not enough. And her nasty comments make her look less and less credible. I like how she is going off and saying mean things about Sierra, but her DNA was found in her husband/boyfriend/fiance's (whatever he is) car. Wouldn't that also make him a "ho"?!

And his mother or sister's comment that he said he drove on that street everyday also wasn't very wise (I assume they were referring to the street her bus stop is on, is that correct?).

Thank you ... and yes, I see your points. So he drove on that street every day, had daily opportunities to observe and plan ... and subsequently stalk even. So in effect, they're supporting what most likely happened.

I was so appaled I had to walk away last night and I havn't been back since. I just can't bear to see a teenaged victim's character being assasinated like that.

FS's language was way less refined than anything said here but in spirit, not so different from what some WS'ers said about Sierra's Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Or about parents who would permit their teen daughter to post such things.

I feel deeply sorry for FS. I think she's probably been conditioned to fight for AGT for a long time (he was charged with statutory rape with FS as the "victim") and now, under horrendous stress, she's striking out in his defence again.

Does she have anyone to give her emotional and tangible support? Does she have access to therapy? This stress isn't good for her and it's not good for her fetus, either.

I think about how much I love and trust My Hero (aka my husband). It would take me a lot longer than two days to come around to believing he had done something like this. I don't do anger so well but I'd probably be hysterically sobbing and in total denial. If I did FB, I'd probably be making posts in his defence that would read by others as being pretty insane.

If this were me, I would want to be treated with compassion and tolerance while I worked my way through figuring out what I needed to figure out. If that is what I wish for myself, then that is what I wish for FS because I am not different from she.

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post ... my concern is about her delusions and what she's saying about Sierra—and that she could somehow scramble the case by lying. It would be terrible to have your husband charged like this, but what she said was definitely uncalled for. My worst case scenario would be for her to suggest that there was prior contact that could explain the DNA evidence or something like that. I'm a worrier, sadly ...

Oh, I understand and I see your point. I hope you didn't misinterpret my post either. Was just piggybacking off your thoughts. :)

FS does have a few friends (one may be a relative) that go to Sobrato. Wonder if any of them were friends with Sierra?

I saw that too. I was thinking maybe she the link between ATG and SL. But she never mentioned anything about "find sierra" on her FB page during the past months, so Im thinking she didn't know her.

BBM

Good question regarding GF's place of arrest!

O/T... but....ironic that many of AGT's assaults are at places called SAFE-way! :no:

Just throwing this out there, but Morgan Hill is a small town, and although there are probably other grocery stores there, Safeway is probably the largest one, and maybe the only ones that are open late.

In a small town like this, it can make all of these things seem like too much of a coincidence, but they might be.

FWIW I got screenshots of all comments on the referenced FB page. Eight pages in all and just in case they get deleted.

FS's language was way less refined than anything said here but in spirit, not so different from what some WS'ers said about Sierra's Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Or about parents who would permit their teen daughter to post such things.

I feel deeply sorry for FS. I think she's probably been conditioned to fight for AGT for a long time (he was charged with statutory rape with FS as the "victim") and now, under horrendous stress, she's striking out in his defence again.

Does she have anyone to give her emotional and tangible support? Does she have access to therapy? This stress isn't good for her and it's not good for her fetus, either.

I think about how much I love and trust My Hero (aka my husband). It would take me a lot longer than two days to come around to believing he had done something like this. I don't do anger so well but I'd probably be hysterically sobbing and in total denial. If I did FB, I'd probably be making posts in his defence that would read by others as being pretty insane.

If this were me, I would want to be treated with compassion and tolerance while I worked my way through figuring out what I needed to figure out. If that is what I wish for myself, then that is what I wish for FS because I am not different from she.

I was not following the case early on when other WS'ers were making those comments and I never saw the Twitter content, just referenced on FB.

I think his wife would be treated with compassion and tolerance if she simply said she needed to see more proof or she will wait until he has a trial, INSTEAD she starts attacking SL online?

His wife MAY have had some sympathy from me BEFORE she started posting that ignorant mess, but now....notsomuch!

Just throwing this out there, but Morgan Hill is a small town, and although there are probably other grocery stores there, Safeway is probably the largest one, and maybe the only ones that are open late.

In a small town like this, it can make all of these things seem like too much of a coincidence, but they might be.

The WalMart Supercenter seems like a better spot to me. JMO

Marlene LaMar begged her daughter's suspected killer to "say where she is."

"Please, please give the information that you have to lead us to Sierra to help end this nightmare," she said.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...lamar-to-murder-suspect-say-where-she-is.html

Media Frenzy in Morgan Hill
http://losaltos.patch.com/articles/...-kidnap-suspect-court-records-reveal-06670e88

In the second article listed above it is stated that:

"At the time, Garcia-Torres lived on Llagas Road in San Martin, a small town south of Morgan Hill. The resisting arrest incident occurred when two Morgan Hill police officers were making a probation compliance check at his residence for a man identified as AC, **initials by me** who had previously been charged with domestic violence, the records state."

Could this be the "farm house" AGT and GF were evicted from before moving in with his mom at the RV park?:waitasec:

I was under the impression we couldn't discuss the fb comments made by FS. All the posts wrt those comments were deleted on the last thread. Maybe I'm wrong?

Ya know, with this guys 'tude AND, since he was questioned "numerous times" by LE, AND, per his sister, "knew" he was being followed - which, BTW, I call BS on - IMO, the reports of "no blood in the car", makes me go toward strangulation. I'm thinking, MAYBE, LE found a rope or "garotte" type of thing with her hair wrapped up in it in his trunk...???
MAYBE that's what led them to believe she's dead???

IMO, I honestly believe this arrogant _______ (fill in with YOUR fav term) thought IF he did this manually, and there was no blood, and IF he did the 'ol "take it to get cleaned" or vaccuum inside, there would be no evidence of Sierra ever being in his car.

IMO, a great deal of perps don't realize there's "other" ways to get DNA...not just sperm, etc.
IMO, he did what has been mentioned in prior posts. IMO (Lord, is THAT being over used or what...LOL). Again, been mentioned before in other posts...He had her remove her clothes by herself...SHE "folded" them herself to "buy time"...maybe he'd change his mind, etc. MAYBE some of HER skin cells were located in his car...as was mentioned....tears - which breaks my heart to even read....IF she were sitting naked in his car, "other" organic fluids, and skin cells.
Cars are funny to me, you can wipe down the seats, etc, but there's all these "nooks and crannies" and thread sewing them together where "stuff" MIGHT hide.

In some of the other attacks, the perp was described as "running away"...in some he had a car.

One more time, "IMO", I think 2 of her Tweets had something to do with this.

1) As mentioned before, the one where she "closes the door" and says "AWK" (I'm taking that as "akward").
2) She mentions about how weird it is that people from one school know people from the new school.

Gonna go out on a limb here....IMO, I THINK, MAYBE he got to gain her trust by giving her a ride, etc....due to her Tweets, as I understand them. AND, the proximity of them to her going missing.
I THINK this because he MAY be responsible for a good amount of the attacks in the area.
AND, all prior attempts - IF it's him for more than the one - ended up not working. His victims ran, screamed, got away.
He thought he was gonna be "smart" this time. Create a false sense of security for Sierra, and IMO, she accepted a ride when he showed up at her house....just, IMO.
The rest is just a horrific series of events. :(

Some good points that could possibly have happened the way you describe. I hope LE is putting things together. I especially think the part about the clothes may be right. IMO, i also think he forced her to pack them herself.

I too, think he may be involved in quite a few more cases. If so, hopefully, some other people that were "near misses" will come forward. People in that community need to really think hard about any strange occurrances where a person got a little too close to them and seemed "AKWARD".

I am guessing, if it turns out he committed other crimes, that there will be quite a few people he approached, but then backed off because of other cars getting too close or something along those lines. Even if someone was not attacked, they still may have been close to being attacked, and could provide valuable evidence for LE like location of attempted abduction, his whereabouts on certain days, his car he was in, anything else he had with him at the time, etc. etc.

I was under the impression we couldn't discuss the fb comments made by FS. All the posts wrt those comments were deleted on the last thread. Maybe I'm wrong?

I think we are allowed to comment on them in general, but not post any of the comments. Was my understanding. Same as with the photos on his MS page.

Just wondering... the timestamp I see on sierra's last tweet is 9:29am on March 16th. Am I seeing it in my time zone (Eastern Standard)? Cause that seems a little late to be catching a bus.

In the second article listed above it is stated that:

"At the time, Garcia-Torres lived on Llagas Road in San Martin, a small town south of Morgan Hill. The resisting arrest incident occurred when two Morgan Hill police officers were making a probation compliance check at his residence for a man identified as AC, **initials by me** who had previously been charged with domestic violence, the records state."

Could this be the "farm house" AGT and GF were evicted from before moving in with his mom at the RV park?:waitasec:

It is. It's actually a smaller house behind a larger farm house.

Just wondering... the timestamp I see on sierra's last tweet is 9:29am on March 16th. Am I seeing it in my time zone (Eastern Standard)? Cause that seems a little late to be catching a bus.

Yes, you will see the time in the timezone that you live in when viewing her twitter comments.

I think it's the readers time zones because mine says 8:29 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph