Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I didn't think of all the runaways when I first heard that "missing" statistic. I do truancy for a high school district in SJ and can tell you that every month, I get at leat 15-20 calls from parents who have reported their daughters as runaways.

And how many of those are cleared up, say monthly?

Plus saved more than a little speculation that RG and/or Marlene killed Sierra themselves.

Yep. I speculated RG .. I was even speculating that Marlene knew...

now seeing that LE knew what they knew early on, I assume RG and Marlene knew the same and allowed viewers to think it was possible they were involved, why? To let ATG think he was gettin away with murder.. IMO

if you go to AGT's myspace page photos album "stuff" theres an interesting drawing he may have possibly drawn imho it is the drawing of the mushrooms (what do you see?)not the graffiti art of his name but that was interesting also. moo

Probably about 95% of those cases--the parents know where the child is, but the child refuses to come home. Sometimes the kids are even going to school still--so in the better days (pre-budget cuts), the police could go to the schools and send them home. Not anymore. Your kid doesn't want to live at home and runs away? Noone's looking for them around here.

A lot of parents are afraid of being prosecuted for truancy (although in high school we prosecute students, not parents) so they report them as runaways, often times repeatedly. Kid comes home, 2 days lafter, runs away, 2 weeks later comes home again, runs aways again. Unfortunately, it's a very sad but common cycle.

Probably about 95% of those cases--the parents know where the child is, but the child refuses to come home. Sometimes the kids are even going to school still--so in the better days (pre-budget cuts), the police could go to the schools and send them home. Not anymore. Your kid doesn't want to live at home and runs away? Noone's looking for them around here.

A lot of parents are afraid of being prosecuted for truancy (although in high school we prosecute students, not parents) so they report them as runaways, often times repeatedly. Kid comes home, 2 days lafter, runs away, 2 weeks later comes home again, runs aways again. Unfortunately, it's a very sad but common cycle.

For the rest I worry about the statement "no ones looking for them around here. I know so well, some of those kids do sometimes turn out to be abductions. MOO

And honestly, had we known this little fact early on it would have saved a whole bunch of needless speculation. It would have been clear very early on that this was most likely an abduction. I remember countless nights wondering if he waited outside her door or went inside her home to snag her.

Yes... it would have eliminated some speculation on our parts... but I imagine LE didn't want the perp to know that they had this information.

I agree and I'm SURE someone IS looking for them. I meant the ones where they are CLEARLY runaways (facebooking/calling home/staying at boyfriend's houses). Noone's going to track them down. My boss' daughter ran away and she was advised to go to the house and bring her home. Daughter was staying in a gang-infested neighborhood (her words) and she was nervous to go and cause a big confrontation there to drag her daughter home.

I have some awesome friends that are sjpd, even one that is a homicide detectives, so I do know that there ARE officers that care and go above and beyond...we just have so many runaways that are "safe" but not home..I can't imagine the man-power it'd take to get them all back home w/their families.

I placed so much importance on the thought that the scent dogs lost Sierra's trail at the end of the driveway. It shaped all my thoughts and opinions of what happened to her.

Where along her route did he abduct her?

We don't know if it was touch DNA or semen or the like.

We are left to really speculate on what the DNA is. I haven't seen anything reported to what it is, or isn't, including touch DNA.

ITA!! I'm saying that a comment like this: Respectfully snipped from KEMO's Post #1909

A forensic examination of the Jetta turned up "touch" DNA that was "probably" Sierra's. A further study of other sex crimes in the area revealed that Torres could be "100%" linked forensically (we don't have the details) to one assault and is the prime suspect in two others.

This, IMO, reads like the examination turned up "touch" DNA as almost stating a fact, when we were told there was no BLOOD, BUT, "touch" was not neccessarily the only method LE were forced to use, because "other" sources of DNA could have been found, yeilding a MORE accurate match.

Guess I was looking to find out if I missed some docs for that statement I have in red.
And, it's pretty depressing to think that's what LE used to evaluate the car.

Again, all just IMO.

I placed so much importance on the thought that the scent dogs lost Sierra's trail at the end of the driveway. It shaped all my thoughts and opinions of what happened to her.

Approximately mid-way down her street, or at least that is where dogs lost her scent. Someone posted a screenshot of the map that pinpointed this location, I can't seem to find it...

So bold of him to go down her street, I wonder why he chose not to wait near her bus stop or outside of Paquita Espana?

You and me, both. The thought that she was taken at the end of her driveway is what kept me looking closer to home. But it still seems weird that it would be totally 'random.' Knowing that he drove by her bus stop every day makes me think he had seen her previously, at he had this possibility at the back of his sick mind for awhile. JMO

I have some awesome friends that are sjpd, even one that is a homicide detectives, so I do know that there ARE officers that care and go above and beyond...we just have so many runaways that are "safe" but not home..I can't imagine the man-power it'd take to get them all back home w/their families.

I imagine many of them are safer or happier not at home. Some are running from bad situations with their families.

Yep. I speculated RG .. I was even speculating that Marlene knew...

now seeing that LE knew what they knew early on, I assume RG and Marlene knew the same and allowed viewers to think it was possible they were involved, why? To let ATG think he was gettin away with murder.. IMO

It could be.

I do notice that in Marlene's appearance at the press conference, she showed all the mannerisms and sort of stumbling word glitches that made many think she had guilty knowledge.

Turns out, that's just how Marlene is when stressed out beyond belief.

I admire how well she has done. She had to know from the beginning that it didn't look good for Sierra.

how about this. if you are interested, i will pm you the number of the person i did the interview with, and the person who did my drug screen (owner/operator).id ask you ask them your questions in general terms though as i did pass my drug screen and am not an idiot and would not willingly disclose my MM status, and would like to keep them in the dark about that part of my private life :)
but it seems your claims have already been disproven if you read a few posts up. :floorlaugh:

I don't need to waste my time with any of that. My "claims" are personal and second hand experiences with multiple corporations. Some the employer never found out as the physician did NOT disclose the information as it was not considered a "fail" (positive) test result for MJ. Another situation the employer was notified by the employee herself upon requesting that the potential employee take a drug screen. Upon disclosing the information the employer, the employer told the potential employee to not worry about taking the drug screen as they weren't going to waste their money. Hired her thereafter - on the spot. Point being, it's up to the employer if they find out - it's not an automatic "sorry we can't hire you because you are a MM patient." This will be my last post on the subject.

I imagine many of them are safer or happier not at home. Some are running from bad situations with their families.

oh believe you me...i completely AGREE. There are times I see parents walking in here to deal with their high schooler's situation and also have smaller children with them. I just look at those poor kids and think..."you never even had a chance".

Well, lol, in my riding for over an hour now, this is about the closet picture that would even come close to the position the car would have been in when this picture was taken, and if you go on google earth, then you can rotate the picture to see where about the cam would be taking that one from, and I can't see anything as close to the ground as it would need to be to get this.

And also, I had to mirror the actual picture to get this shot.

The video still image (if it is ATG's actual vehicle pictured) could be from any area around there. Could be on Bailey (the background is similar) heading towards 101/Monterey, could be from around Scheller too or anywhere else around there where the vehicle was captured.

You're right - it does look like it was taken from a very low view point. Wonder what type of camera would catch that view point....

We don't know if it was touch DNA or semen or the like.

We are left to really speculate on what the DNA is. I haven't seen anything reported to what it is, or isn't, including touch DNA.

they said it was skin cells

One possibility would be to drop the charges on Sierra go after him for the sexual assault and get a very long prison sentence. That would buy a little time to investigate the case further. Advances in forensics may work in the prosecution's favor.

Though a good idea, how would they even have charges for sexual assault?

ETA: Delete post delete post delete post.. I'm dumb. The Safeway assault. DUH!

It could be.

I do notice that in Marlene's appearance at the press conference, she showed all the mannerisms and sort of stumbling word glitches that made many think she had guilty knowledge.

Turns out, that's just how Marlene is when stressed out beyond belief.

I admire how well she has done. She had to know from the beginning that it didn't look good for Sierra.

I got into this case a week or two behind when Sierra went missing so I think by then there wasn't much doubt that it was a nonfamily abduction. But recently, at the press conference with SS stating that they believed Sierra to be murdered, and then when Marlene spoke. It was sad, yes, how she struggled to hold herself together while she spoke. But then, when I watched it for a second time, I noticed it seemed she may not have washed her hair in a few days. The family has seemed pretty well put together, but then little details have begun to stick out of this family coming apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201