Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of inmates on California death row as of January 1, 2013: 727
(The highest number in the U.S.)

I was in Morgan Hill at a coffee shop yesterday and was chatting with many of the locals about this pending trial. The general consensus was that AGT disposed of her body in one of the many dumpsters surrounding his (what I think they said) was a trailer of some sorts that he was living in? They collectively agreed this is where she was disposed. At least that was the general opinion collectively agreed upon with the locals I spoke with.

I was in Morgan Hill at a coffee shop yesterday and was chatting with many of the locals about this pending trial. The general consensus was that AGT disposed of her body in one of the many dumpsters surrounding his (what I think they said) was a trailer of some sorts that he was living in? They collectively agreed this is where she was disposed. At least that was the general opinion collectively agreed upon with the locals I spoke with.

Thanks for relaying the local opinion/consensus, Roses! :seeya:

If that is the case... That Sierra was placed in a trash bin around his trailer park... It brings up more questions for me...

Would AGT have brought Sierra back to his trailer/home at some point?

Has LE searched the trailer from top to bottom... Inside out? (It has been so long for my memory brain cells that I do not remember if a search of his "property" has been conducted...)

All.... JMO

Was wondering in cases where a has made failed abduction attempts in the past, and then finally does take someone; it seems likely that he would want to hold onto that person (either alive or dead) for some time, no?

I find it very hard to believe others do not possess knowledge of his nefarious act

Why's that?

This is simply my opinion and speculation ONLY.

His mother and wife made remarks that telegraphed a certain level of knowledge. The wife was so outrageous in her remarks and hatred towards a young missing victim, it suggested a more personal involvement or level of knowledge....SPECULATON ONLY. They all lived in small confines; they knew his habits....intimately.

It is my SPECULATION they know what happened; especially the wife.

This is simply my opinion and speculation ONLY.

His mother and wife made remarks that telegraphed a certain level of knowledge. The wife was so outrageous in her remarks and hatred towards a young missing victim, it suggested a more personal involvement or level of knowledge....SPECULATON ONLY. They all lived in small confines; they knew his habits....intimately.

It is my SPECULATION they know what happened; especially the wife.

Respectfully BBM -
Jumping off what you wrote - yes, you hit the nail on the head.

I can't recall if the local landfills were searched. Does anyone remember? If she is in a landfill, is there any hope of finding her now that it has been two years?

I can't recall if the local landfills were searched. Does anyone remember? If she is in a landfill, is there any hope of finding her now that it has been two years?

No, almost certain they were not searched. Poor Sierra...

The landfill for Morgan Hill is located at:

910 Coyote Creek Golf Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037

Trying to better understand it's operation, and if cadaver dogs could pick up anything after so much time, etc. I don't know how often landfill is turned, etc. Trying to figure it out

I wonder....where....the....Morgan Hill.....SAFEWAY dumpsters go........which landfill?

After all, it seems as if Safeway was his "mother ship" for many nefarious activities

MY OPINION ONLY

I wonder....where....the....Morgan Hill.....SAFEWAY dumpsters go........which landfill?

After all, it seems as if Safeway was his "mother ship" for many nefarious activities

MY OPINION ONLY

You and I have had that premonition about his using where he worked, one way or another. Dumpster, freezer, storage area... He purchased bleach and turkey baster there...
Others disagree and I don't disagree with them, but don't think there was ever any search done in and around where he worked using different types of tracking/scent dogs...

Sierra is who lead me to WS. I so wanted her to be found. I so want her to be found. Last year I was out patrolling some of our high use natural attractions on the forest. I met a person that processed the DNA evidence on Sierra's case. They were very confident that the accused will be convicted. Now its just a waiting game.

Sierra is who lead me to WS. I so wanted her to be found. I so want her to be found. Last year I was out patrolling some of our high use natural attractions on the forest. I met a person that processed the DNA evidence on Sierra's case. They were very confident that the accused will be convicted. Now its just a waiting game.

I know how you feel. I think 'somebody' led almost all of us to WS. For me, it was Kelli Bordeaux, who disappeared almost exactly a month after Sierra, that led me here, and Mickey Shunick who brought me out of lurking and caused me to join. Mickey's case had a tragic end, but at least it did end, with her body being found and the perp confessing not only to her murder, but to one other as well (though there very well may be others). Kelli's case still has no resolution, as neither has she been found, nor has anyone been charged in her disappearance. There is a lot of waiting in these cases, but I have to believe, when someone brings you here, you honor them when you do stay through the wait, and I believe you further honor them when you stay for all the others. JMO

OT - but it was Maura Murray's disappearance that led me here to WS; after seeing first seeing it on the ID cable channel.

Sorry, just trying to catch up on some of the "older" missing cases that I'm following - but does anyone know "when" this might go to trial, or are we "still" waiting for the preliminary hearing?? :scared:

TIA! :seeya:

Just bringing these over for Niner! AGT was finally indicted by a grand jury and pleaded not guilty. There was a continuance, and now the next court date is June 11. Finally the ball is rolling!

Sierra LaMar defendant pleads not guilty to murder

By Tracey Kaplan
tkaplan@mercurynews.com
Posted: 02/13/2014 02:00:20 PM PST | Updated: 52 min. ago

SAN JOSE -- Nearly two years after teenager Sierra LaMar disappeared on her way to a Morgan Hill bus stop, the man accused of killing her pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that could put him in prison for life or result in his execution.

Antolin Garcia-Torres, 22, also waived his right to a speedy trial within 60 days -- meaning his trial could be months or even years away, given the complexity of the case and gravity of the charges. He was indicted earlier this week by a criminal grand jury and is now charged with the kidnapping and killing ofSierra, who vanished March 16, 2012.

The courtroom was packed with Sierra's family and friends, all wearing red Converse shoes -- the girl's favorite. Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Thang Nguyen Barrett sealed the grand jury transcript and set an April 16 hearing to decide whether to keep it sealed and to set a trial date.

(snip)
Garcia-Torres appeared in court wearing a brown suit, his hair neatly slicked back. He glanced at Sierra's supporters, then turned away for the rest of the 15-minute hearing.

District Attorney Jeff Rosen is still weighing whether to pursue the death penalty and has yet to even receive a recommendation from his death review committee.

(snip)
However, it is not uncommon for defense attorneys to find ways to stall in hopes that witnesses' memories will fade.

Boyd exercised his discretion to bypass a preliminary hearing and take the case to the grand jury instead.

(snip)
Rumors abound that Garcia-Torres will seek a change of venue on the grounds that he cannot get a fair trial because of intense publicity about the case. However, the last time a change of venue was granted in Santa Clara County was in 1980, when the county population -- and thus the jury pool -- was smaller. That's when the so-called San Jose Cheese Company murder trial involving the local Mafia was moved to Los Angeles County.
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/u...42_ssjm0214torres06_300_zps19ccf307.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
(image caption: Mary Doerring wears a Sierra LaMar ribbon to the arraignment of Antolin Garcia-Torres who pleaded not guilty to murder at Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose, Calif. on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014. Garcia-Torres had been indicted earlier this week by a Santa Clara County Superior Court grand jury in connection with the alleged murder-kidnapping of missing Morgan Hill teen, Sierra LaMar. Garcia-Torres was arrested on May 21, 2012, two months after Sierra LaMar's disappearance. Doerring has been part of the search team for Sierra LaMar. (Gary Reyes/Bay Area News Group) (Gary Reyes)

Much More@Link

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25135697/sierra-lamar-defendant-pleads-not-guilty-murder

Latest update from close friend at courthouse is that the next hearing is to set the trial date (for potentially next year) and to hear a motion to seal the Grand Jury testimony. April 16th @ 1:30 p.m. #JusticeForSierra :heartbeat:

@RHandaKTVU

Trial date of #SierraLaMar #murder suspect #AntolinTorres delayed as DA decides on seeking #deathpenalty #ktvu pic.twitter.com/Jw1IXgJHGI
2:22pm - 16 Apr 14

http://twitter.com/RHandaKTVU/status/456576855915507715

@RHandaKTVU: #SierraLaMar murder suspect #AntolinTorres back in court June 11 to set trial date.Could be capital case #ktvu http://t.co/0llov20DzN
5:11pm - 16 Apr 14

http://twitter.com/RHandaKTVU/status/456868315634221056

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics