Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some minute orders from Friday which were just posted on the court website today

View attachment MinuteOrder.4.22.16.pdfView attachment StipulatedOrder.4.22.16.pdf

Here are the docs from Friday

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 1h1 hour ago
Search volunteers say they want trial to start now. So does AGT. #SierraLamar

AGT Trial set for May 23, Dept. 50. Judge Zucker. #SierraLamar

TRIAL DATE in #SierraLaMar: May 23, Dept. 50, Judge Vanessa Zecher. However, delays still possible due to ADO's trial schedule.

Here's the law regarding line item #4 on page 2 of the Stipulated Order dated 4/22/2016:
fe04e1b1de4258bc6a1aaa677833286c.jpg

California Penal Code - PEN § 1054 | FindLaw
This chapter shall be interpreted to give effect to all of the following purposes:
(a) To promote the ascertainment of truth in trials by requiring timely pretrial discovery.
(b) To save court time by requiring that discovery be conducted informally between and among the parties before judicial enforcement is requested.
(c) To save court time in trial and avoid the necessity for frequent interruptions and postponements.
(d) To protect victims and witnesses from danger, harassment, and undue delay of the proceedings.
(e) To provide that no discovery shall occur in criminal cases except as provided by this chapter, other express statutory provisions, or as mandated by the Constitution of the United States.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-1054.html#sthash.435RWgMk.dpuf
http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-1054.html

Source:
http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/StipulatedOrder.4.22.16.pdf

#JusticeForSierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2h2 hours ago
Status hearing is May 9.

...defense likely to seek a continuance. Among other issues, defense's DNA review CD result in postponement.

View attachment 92570View attachment 92571

Here are the docs from Friday

Search volunteers say they want trial to start now. So does AGT. #SierraLamar

AGT Trial set for May 23, Dept. 50. Judge Zucker. #SierraLamar

TRIAL DATE in #SierraLaMar: May 23, Dept. 50, Judge Vanessa Zecher. However, delays still possible due to ADO's trial schedule.

okay - "who" is ADO? If it's the prosecutor - GET ANOTHER!!!!!! grrr.....

emiusacska said:
Status hearing is May 9.

...defense likely to seek a continuance. Among other issues, defense's DNA review CD result in postponement.

Marking my calendar for May 9th... and re 2nd bold - what is a "CD" - that's not compact disc, right??

Sorry for the stupid questions - :D

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SIERRA :rose:

Sierra's favorite color was purple, wasn't it?

TIA! :wave:

ADO is Assistant Lopez the one who has another trial; cd I don't know

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

There's no justice coming for Sierra :( , It would have came a long time ago. AGT is a snake , slithering his way through the un-just system. After this long he probably likes where he's at, it still will never bring Sierra back, he wont even tell where her body is at for closure.

Here's the law regarding line item #4 on page 2 of the Stipulated Order dated 4/22/2016:
fe04e1b1de4258bc6a1aaa677833286c.jpg

California Penal Code - PEN § 1054 | FindLaw
This chapter shall be interpreted to give effect to all of the following purposes:
(a) To promote the ascertainment of truth in trials by requiring timely pretrial discovery.
(b) To save court time by requiring that discovery be conducted informally between and among the parties before judicial enforcement is requested.
(c) To save court time in trial and avoid the necessity for frequent interruptions and postponements.
(d) To protect victims and witnesses from danger, harassment, and undue delay of the proceedings.
(e) To provide that no discovery shall occur in criminal cases except as provided by this chapter, other express statutory provisions, or as mandated by the Constitution of the United States.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-1054.html#sthash.435RWgMk.dpuf
http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-1054.html

Source:
http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/StipulatedOrder.4.22.16.pdf

#JusticeForSierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest.. I have no idea what this even means. Can someone explain in plain English? The prosecution doesn't get to see the results of a test, is the gist? Why?

Or because they need to produce it for discovery, they have to reveal the test results?

I'll be honest.. I have no idea what this even means. Can someone explain in plain English? The prosecution doesn't get to see the results of a test, is the gist? Why?

Or because they need to produce it for discovery, they have to reveal the test results?

All that is saying is that the prosecution does not need the hair shaft anymore, and the defense is free to use 2 to 4 cm. The prosecution appears closer to being ready for trial than the defense. The rest of those quotes simply refer to the handling of evidence and the role of witnesses. No worries; the wheels of our justice system turn slowly, but they do turn.

ADO is the defense team, Lopez and Matthews are both AGT's lawyers.

Snip - BBM

Garcia-Torres' lawyers can try to show good cause for a postponement, leaving it up to a judge to decide. Lopez and the lead lawyer in the case, alternate public defender Brian Matthews, declined to comment on their client's decision or whether they will seek a delay.

However, according to the court's master calendar, Matthews has another murder trial that may start later this month or in early May, which could provide grounds for a delay.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...killing-over-his-lawyers-objections-defendant

He could go to trial and walk. I believe the evidence is strong or he would not be where he is but let's face reality: Our justice system is not what it used to be. People get away with murder. If this stays in jail while awaiting trial I am not sure a delay of 20 years will bother me because at least he's not on the streets during that time. If he is tried and acquitted or convicted of a lesser charge and gets only time served, he could be out sooner rather than later. And he is truly a menace to society so I want him behind bars, regardless of how that gets accomplished.

Don't get me wrong--Sieirra and her family deserve justice and this should pay with his life for what he has done. But a trial is no guarantee that justice will prevail. I do not find the idea that the AGT is going on trial to be very comforting. Things just go wrong way too often and justice is fleeting.

He could go to trial and walk. I believe the evidence is strong or he would not be where he is but let's face reality: Our justice system is not what it used to be. People get away with murder. If this stays in jail while awaiting trial I am not sure a delay of 20 years will bother me because at least he's not on the streets during that time. If he is tried and acquitted or convicted of a lesser charge and gets only time served, he could be out sooner rather than later. And he is truly a menace to society so I want him behind bars, regardless of how that gets accomplished.

Don't get me wrong--Sieirra and her family deserve justice and this should pay with his life for what he has done. But a trial is no guarantee that justice will prevail. I do not find the idea that the AGT is going on trial to be very comforting. Things just go wrong way too often and justice is fleeting.

True, but he's not gonna have a star-struck jury nor the ones from Clearwater Florida, and I have faith in the Santa Clara County Prosecutor's Office. Justice for Sierra will prevail.

True, but he's not gonna have a star-struck jury nor the ones from Clearwater Florida, and I have faith in the Santa Clara County Prosecutor's Office. Justice for Sierra will prevail.

Good point. After that Florida trial to which you referred, I think prosecutors everywhere learned a few things about preparation for trial and presentation for the same. When this finally goes to court, I believe the prosecution will be ready for him.

Prosecution is very ready but nor the defense and his side

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Was Googling to find any statistics on number of death penalty convictions without a victim's body.... couldn't find any. Anyone have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu