Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news anywhere of whats going on in court today? Is there even court today?

Any news anywhere of whats going on in court today? Is there even court today?
There is court today, unfortunately there are no tweets. As far I am aware after today AGT may take the stand.

Since the defense theories have been all over the place, and downright ridiculous without a bit of logic, I am surprised that Lopez didn't say Sierra was so happy to be running away that she pee-peed in her clothing.:mad:

Right...and then decided to go au naturale rather than risk embarrassment by running away in pee-stained clothing.

I do not for one nanosecond believe LE framed AGT in any manner whatsoever but I do have a question. Is it odd to anyone else that a rope with 50 hairs on it were found in the vehicle belonging to the suspect? Did he have a dog perhaps, and had used the rope to tie the dog up at some other point in time? (sad if that was the case):(

I know the DNA profile belonging to Sierra's hair had to have the root bulb attached but could the other hairs all been hers and were broken pieces of hair that wouldn't have a root bulb attached?

What if he used this same rope in the past against other victims?

Just something that crossed my mind for some reason just now.

I find it chilling that many hairs were found unless he used the rope as some type of leash for a dog..which I still find cruel even if that may be the case.

This has been the hardest case to follow that I have tried to keep up with. This case was so high profile when it happened, and for many years later so it perplexes me that it really has gotten very little attention by the media and some days.......nothing at all. In ways I find it very sad. I hope Sierra's family is holding up as well as they can be while having to listen to the illogical BS... Lopez constantly puts forth.

For all we know the other hairs found may have been testified to and clarified whether the others were human hairs consistent to Sierra's or another human being or animal hair or a combination of both.

I remember another case many years ago, but cant remember years later the name of the victim nor suspect. In that case I remember the hair slides being shown on a large Elmo and it showed a death band inside of the hair itself that is present showing the victim was not alive when the hair fell/broke or pulled out when it landed in a certain location where it was found. I remember that particular because it was very interesting forensic evidence, and easy to understand/follow.

Has anyone tweeted about the other hairs found on AGTs rope?

IMO

When it came out the Rope had no hair and then 50 on it . If I was sitting on this jury . That right there might do it . Especially when out of the 50 only 1 was supposed to be Sierra's I would not be surprised if he is acquitted at all at this point . Shoddy work done by crime lab from day one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe LE will track down the other 49 girls this creep assaulted.

I remember another case many years ago, but cant remember years later the name of the victim nor suspect. In that case I remember the hair slides being shown on a large Elmo and it showed a death band inside of the hair itself that is present showing the victim was not alive when the hair fell/broke or pulled out when it landed in a certain location where it was found.

IMO

IIRC, this was the case with Kaylee's hairs they found in the trunk of the Anthony car.

The 50 hairs is a big issue for many, I think. I actually believe that many, if not most, of those hairs were Sierra's, just not able to be proven for lack of sufficient DNA. When you consider how many hairs a person naturally loses in the course of a day it is no stretch at all to see that all 50 (or most of them) could be left by one person who was tied with the rope. It is not at all strange that only one such deposited hair would be shed in its entirety--with full root material and a death band.

LE claimed to have evidence that Sierra was no longer alive. I think that hair with the death band on it is just that. There may be more evidence of another kind but such a hair being proven to be hers, found in his vehicle, is damning. Even if no other hairs are proven to be hers, or are proven to belong to several other people or animals, if they have even one hair with a death band that is proven to be Sierra's, it speaks volumes.

Pretending I'm in the jury room and going over my notes - here what I think we have and my thoughts, all IMO:

1)Three previous attacks on women, but not that recent. -

2) GT finger print on stungun battery -- State's proven their case.

3)He purchased 1gal+ size of bleach & turkey baster three days before SL abduction. (But also purchased smaller container of bleach in Jan.) GT said bleach was for doing wash, his GF said he never did wash. Claimed turkey baster was to extract TCP from marijuana If so, then where did it go, why wasn't it been found? Does make it seem like he's planning a crime.

4)One hair from SL found on rope that was in his truck. Some fifty other hairs on it, but not explanation to whom they belong. Okay, only one has SL's DNA, but what about the others? - all without roots? Even so,are any at least consistent with SL's hair type?

5)Fibers from the carpet and after-market floor mats in Garcia-Torres’ car were found on Sierra’s clothes. Need more info - how unique are his floor mats?

6)GT claimed he had not had any interaction with SL. In light of the hair and DNA on clothing this is the most important point we have! But, while LE has no reason to frame AGT, how possible is cross contamination?

7)His DNA found on her pants that was in the purse found by the shed where there was a family of feral cats. Combine this #6 and it's the strongest evidence for conviction.

8)All clothing she wore that day alone with many of her most prized possessions, including her MAC makeup and a lace bra from Victoria’s Secret, along with her lunch money and inhaler were found. She was left naked. Proving she did not run away.

9)Clothing in purse folded consistent with way GT folds clothing.

10)Strong urine smell on her clothes. Could this have been tested to prove it was hers?

11)Beads from road surface found on her clothes indicating she was dragged.

12)Her cell phone was found not far from purse.

13)He liked to feed feral cats and cat food was found? in his car (not sure about the finding of food).

14)Video showing him driving toward SL's bus stop on morning she when missing.

15)GT cannot account for time from 7am to 1pm on day SL went missing. Says he went fishing but no alibi.

16)Video showing him coming home later and then going out again.

17)Defense flip-flopping, she's a runaway, then there's someone else involved.. Ridiculous argument by defense - they would be much better to show some kind of connection, even if only indirect, between AGT and SL that would explain why her DNA was found.

RobertHanda‏Verified account@RHandaNBC 12m12 minutes ago
#Breaking #AntolinGarciaTorres declines to testify in #SierraLaMar murder #trial. Attorney says 'not at all' for entire trial.
RobertHanda‏Verified account@RHandaNBC 2m2 minutes ago
Family and supporters of #SierraLaMar say 'ambivalent' about #AntolinGarciaTorres refusal to testify. They say 'still good case'

I agree with OBE; no way was AGT framed by LE or anyone else.

And I can't accept without proof that the prosecution is so stupid as to go into court completely unprepared, with evidence so weak that it can be explained away three, four or more ways by the defense. While this case might have one or two pieces of evidence that are weak, there is plenty of strong evidence pointing toward Sierra being deceased and AGT being the last person to be with her. If the jury believes she did not die a natural death they have to vote guilty on the murder charge. Even if they think she could have died accidentally, death during commission of a felony (kidnapping) is murder.

I don't know too much about the jurisdiction this trial is in but it's almost impossible to believe that LE and prosecutor's office could be as inept as they are being portrayed. Mistakes were made; it happens. I don't know of a case that could be called perfect from start to finish because human error will always enter in. However, when I can find no reason for AGT to be framed, and no reason for Sierra to disappear on her own never to be heard from again, by her own choice, and finally, when I look at all the evidence, I cannot even guess how he can be acquitted.

Unless, of course, we have a jury that is unable or unwilling to connect the dots.

Antolin will not be testifying and closing statement occurs next week after that juror decides no time frame
Closings scheduled to start on Monday!!

Yes, though I don't know who at this point. - from Kris Sanchez NBC to me if they will have reporters at the closing arguments

Am I correct that the jury vote has to be unanimous and not majority for guilt or acquittal? It makes me nervous to think that we may get a hung jury on all of the charges. I am not sure if they would retry the case if that were to happen. Please let there be justice for Sierra!! :scale:

Am I correct that the jury vote has to be unanimous and not majority for guilt or acquittal? It makes me nervous to think that we may get a hung jury on all of the charges. I am not sure if they would retry the case if that were to happen. Please let there be justice for Sierra!! :scale:

In CA it must be unanimous. "All 12 jurors must agree that either the defendant is either guilty or not guilty. A hung jury happens when the jurors simply can’t reach a unanimous verdict. It doesn’t matter what the split is. It could be 6 jurors for guilty and 6 jurors for not guilty or 11 jurors for one side and only one lone “holdout” juror for the other."
So wow! seems the chance of a hung jury is high in this case.

https://www.orangecountycriminaldefenselawyerblog.com/2013/09/what-exactly-is-a-hung-jury.html

I think it's always tough to get 12 people to agree on anything but I still have hope for the outcome in this case. If there are some analytical minds on the jury (and I have reason to believe there are!) they will help others fill in the blanks during deliberations.

I wish we had access to all the information the jury is being given. In most trials we have access to more, but in these trials by tweet it's hard to know what's going through the jurors' minds until all is said and done.

Those who pray, please keep Sierra and her family in your prayers. The right thing has to happen in this case, not only for justice to be served but to keep a dangerous man from being set free. If the jury must compromise, pray that it be with the sentence rather than the verdict.

I am not sure the possibility of hung jury is any higher in this case than in most others. I believe most states require a jury verdict be unanimous in the guilt phase. Some states allow a split decision in the penalty phase but in most jurisdictions a death sentence has to be unanimous. JMO

It's not just for the death penalty, but if read correctly in the link I gave above - " In a criminal case in California, the jury verdict must be unanimous." that would include LWOP verdict as well. The DNA evidence is sparse IMO and while the state has proven she's deceased IMO I wish we had something a bit more solid to nail him.... in lieu of that, the most careful and rigorous handling of what evidence there is needed to be demonstrated. I leave that you to judge here..

Explains why here on WS are frustrated by DA's bringing a case to trail. All so be it - this is case as we've been given here. The DA's closing statement has to be really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneJane