Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison Levitsky‏ @levitskyyy ·

Just 11 members of public, including #SierraLaMar's parents, search volunteers and one other reporter in court for closing arguments.

Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 15m15 minutes ago
Just 11 members of public, including #SierraLaMar's parents, search volunteers and one other reporter in court for closing arguments.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 16m16 minutes ago
Defendant Antolin Garcia-Torres confirmed with judge this morning that he will not be testifying.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 12m12 minutes ago
A @SCCoSheriff's investigator who logged into Sierra's email, social media accounts in days after 2012 disappearance on the stand now.
Allison Levitsky‏ @levitskyyy 3m3 minutes ago
Attorneys, judge returning to courtroom following lengthy sidebar. Computer forensics investigator to return to the stand in 10 minutes.

Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 15m15 minutes ago
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 16m16 minutes ago
Defendant Antolin Garcia-Torres confirmed with judge this morning that he will not be testifying.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 12m12 minutes ago
A @SCCoSheriff's investigator who logged into Sierra's email, social media accounts in days after 2012 disappearance on the stand now.

I thought closing arguments were starting today? How is there an investigator on the stands?

Important documents the last one from the 20th regarding acquittal is denied

Attachments

• DefMtnFiled4-18-17 (2).pdf
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • PeoplesOppositionFiled4-7-17.pdf
    507 KB · Views: 3
  • Def Mtn for Remedy Filed 4-3-17.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Allison Levitsky Retweeted Allison Levitsky
Attorneys dispute inclusion of a few of #SierraLaMar's Tumblr posts as evidence. Judge dismisses counsel until 1:30pm, Boyd keeps arguing.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 54m54 minutes ago
Judge, attorneys now discussing jury instructions outside the presence of the jury.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 56m56 minutes ago
Evidence is closed. Jury dismissed until 1:30pm. Closing arguments to start tomorrow morning. #SierraLaMar
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 57m57 minutes ago
Detective denies knowing why Valero video would have been "remotely, possibly important to this investigation" (Boyd's phrase) #SierraLaMar
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 59m59 minutes ago
Valero just south of the Maple Leaf RV Park on Monterey Hwy. Defendant told investigators he gassed up there after visiting B of A branch.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 1h1 hour ago
Detective can't confirm whether Coyote Valley RV Park video system was working on day of #SierraLaMar's disappearance.
Re: Coyote Valley RV Park video, detective says footage not good enough to identify motorists on Monterey Hwy. Cars, maybe in the daylight.
#SierraLaMar was a "prolific twitterer," would have been flooded with social media notifications, which people typically delete, Boyd says.
Boyd asks detective if he's ever deleted an email from his own account: "Hundreds of times? Thousands?" Detective: "Maybe more."
"She did delete her emails," detective says. He did not note in his report whether the same was true of Sierra's Yahoo email account.
Detective tells Lopez it's possible to determine whether a user has deleted emails from their Gmail account. #SierraLaMar
Sierra took selfies on her computer at 7:12am, detective confirms.
Detective tells Lopez #SierraLaMar's computer logged into Tumblr at 6:45am day of disappearance. Last computer activity was at 7:12am.
Defense brings up Sierra's laptop, prosecutor David Boyd calls for another sidebar.
Investigator ran into same problem with surveillance video at a Valero gas station on Monterey Highway. #SierraLaMar
Witness didn't attempt to extract video until April 17, 2012. System records over itself every 10 days.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 2h2 hours ago
Witness says video from day of disappearance, March 16, 2012, had been overwritten on hard drive by the time he got to it. #SierraLaMar
Very stop-and-go this morning. Defense attorney Al Lopez asking witness about surveillance video he extracted from Coyote Valley RV Park.
Attorneys, judge returning to courtroom following lengthy sidebar. Computer forensics investigator to return to the stand in 10 minutes.
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 3h3 hours ago

Santa Clara Court‏ @SCSCourt 1h1 hour ago
Evidence is closed in People v. Garcia-Torres. Closing arguments to begin tomorrow morning in Dept. 40 at Hall of Justice.

Marianne Favro‏@mariannefavro 1h1 hour ago
The judge will deliver jury instructions today in death penalty case of man accused of killing Sierra La Mar.
Witness testimony is done, closing arguments slated for tomorrow in trial of man accused of murdering Sierra LaMar.
The defense and prosecution rests in Sierra La Mar murder trial. Jury instructions ,then Closing arguments tomorrow.
Marianne Favro‏@mariannefavro 2h2 hours ago
An investigator is on the stand in Sierra La Mar murder trial. Jury instructions and Closing arguments expected late today or tomorrow.

I appreciate the tweets, but it is so hard to follow this trial through them. From what I've read of them, it doesn't sound like things are going too well for the prosecution. Does anyone else have an opinion? I don't understand why there isn't more interest in this case.I hope that justice is served and he pays...that is, of course, if he did it.

I appreciate the tweets, but it is so hard to follow this trial through them. From what I've read of them, it doesn't sound like things are going too well for the prosecution. Does anyone else have an opinion? I don't understand why there isn't more interest in this case.I hope that justice is served and he pays...that is, of course, if he did it.

Lisette have you read the post that Old Steve made (#737) on page 50? He does a good job of summarizing what he would have heard as a juror. Justice for Sierra!!

Closing arguments today
Marianne Favro‏@mariannefavro 15m15 minutes ago
Closing arguments today in the Sierra LaMar murder trial. Family ,friends and searchers just had a prayer circle.
Marianne Favro‏@mariannefavro 12m12 minutes ago
Long line to get into Sierra LaMar trial for closing arguments. Overflow viewing room available at court house.
Marianne Favro‏@mariannefavro 1m1 minute ago
Closing arguments in trial of Antolin Garcia Torres accused of murdering Sierra LaMar. He is wearing a blue sweater

Evan Sernoffsky‏Verified account@EvanSernoffsky 1m1 minute ago
Antolin Garcia-Torres, 25, facing death penalty if convicted in #SierraLaMar killing. Prosecutors trying case w/o body, crime scene, weapon
Matt Keller‏Verified account@MattKellerABC7 1m1 minute ago
Jury in #SierraLamar murder trial is being seated. Defendant Antolin Garcia-Torres is already in courtroom. Closing arguments set to begin.
Bob Redell‏Verified account@BobNBC 2m2 minutes ago
Jury arrives for closing arguments in #SierraLaMar trial
Evan Sernoffsky‏Verified account@EvanSernoffsky 3m3 minutes ago
Closing arguments in #SierraLaMar capital murder trial about to begin. 15 yo Morgan Hill teen disappeared in 2012
Allison Levitsky‏@levitskyyy 5m5 minutes ago
Full house this morning for closing arguments in #SierraLaMar trial. First time bailiff has had to hand out passes since early February.
David Louie‏Verified account@abc7david 6m6 minutes ago
Overflow room set up for spectators for start of closing arguments in Antolin Garcia-Torres trial; prosecution first up. #sierralamar
Anne Makovec‏@AnneMakovec 16m16 minutes ago
Got permission to live tweet closing arguments in the Sierra LaMar trial. Antolin Garcia Torres is charged with murder. #SierraLaMar @CBSSF
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 17m17 minutes ago
Bailiffs corrected court rep -- passes only good for am session. Line forms again for pm session. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 25m25 minutes ago
Bailiff just handed out 66 tickets for seats in court. Rest of line has to watch from overflow room. Tickets good all day. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 28m28 minutes ago
family & friends/searchers formed prayer circle, asking God to grant the jurors wisdom. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 46m46 minutes ago
Lots of family supporters/faithful searchers have sat through most of trial & arrived here early today. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 48m48 minutes ago
Let's hope prosecutors & defense lawyers don't cut in on the line this time like they did for opening. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 50m50 minutes ago
Sign outside courtroom: Additional seating available in Dept. 27, 3rd floor ( for non-early birds) . #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 52m52 minutes ago
After 13 weeks of testimony in #SierraLaMar trial, closing arguments start this am. See http://mercurynews.com
Matt Keller‏Verified account@MattKellerABC7 4h4 hours ago
The accused killer of #SierraLaMar, Antolin Garcia Torres, will not take the stand in his death penalty trial. Closing arguments today.

Thank you Emi for your dedication thru this case. And anyone else I may have missed. Praying he is put away for good and Sierra gets the Justice she deserves.

I wish this was not a Death Penalty case----going to make it less likely for a conviction with all of the messy forensics etc

Just a point to ponder. Given the lack of reporters and the seemingly bias of one, there is likely much that went on in the Courtroom we are not privy to. IMO.

David Louie‏Verified account @abc7david 7m7 minutes ago
Prosecutor David Boyd tells jury, "Sierra LaMar is dead. (Antolin Garcia-Torres) has one hurdle - each & every one of you." #sierralamar

I am happy for the family that they can see the support for Sierra. The courtroom was full. Please let there be justice for Sierra, her family and friends.

Just a point to ponder. Given the lack of reporters and the seemingly bias of one, there is likely much that went on in the Courtroom we are not privy to. IMO.

You are correct. From todays tweets I am seeing evidence that I did not hear of from before.
Some of the clothes (on the bottom) found in the bag was wet while other clothes (on the top) were not. So it wasn't from the rain.
Lichen seeds found on her clothes. Usually found near aquatic environment.
Video from the day she went missing showed AGT with discolored pants(mud?). The pants were never found afterwards.
I like how the prosecution is laying this out in an easy to understand timeline...

Since I am Canadian I am use to following cases here via tweets. Typically we don't have too many high profile but when we do they are horrific which gathers much attention from the press. Even with many tweets they are still hard to follow. This gives me faith in this Jury. I was convinced beyond a shadow at the turkey baster and bleach. Sadly. Not to mention his priors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306