Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same thought. Why have parental controls on one but not safeguard the other internet access? FWIW, Dad is a computer engineer.

Sierra is probably smart as a whip. While she couldn't reset parental controls with the cell provider I bet she knew how to turn off parental controls on her computer. Seems like she did have it in her room and not a common area of the home...
I could be wrong ~moo

I read several posts in the comments sections following news reports : that LE should search the area around " the old golf course " in the abandoned clubhouse there " The posts stated that the clubhouse is now used by gang bangers...? They did not specifically say where " the old golf course " is...Wish I could find out ...MOO

Sierra is probably smart as a whip. While she couldn't reset parental controls with the cell provider I bet she knew how to turn off parental controls on her computer. Seems like she did have it in her room and not a common area of the home...
I could be wrong ~moo

On her twitter account, she talked about hating her *laptop*, something about it made her neck hurt. Meaning she probably laid on her bed while using it. So, yes bet you're right.

One of the kids just posted on #findsierra that he woke up to the FBI at his door this morning, just got done talking to them.

Buyers compete for short supply of homes in Bay Area By Pete Carey

pcarey@mercurynews.com

Posted: 03/24/2012 04:00:58 AM PDT
Updated: 03/24/2012 12:02:48 PM PDT
Peter Giovannotto is smack in the middle of a major shift in the Bay Area housing market.
The Peninsula real estate agent recently had a modest Palo Alto ranch-style home draw 38 offers and sell in eight days for nearly a half-million dollars more than the asking price, all par for the course in Palo Alto's overheated real estate market.
"We started at $1.2 million and ended up selling for $1.65 million," he said.
A flock of eager buyers competing for fewer-than-usual homes for sale is sending prices soaring along the Peninsula, where Googlers and Facebook employees duke it out with foreign investors for a place to live.
In other parts of the Bay Area, pent-up demand has helped create a hot market for lower-cost homes, with buyers having to move fast to grab foreclosures and be prepared for stiff competition on other homes for sale. In Contra Costa County, pending sales of single-family homes are up about 62 percent from last year and inventory is down 32 percent -- a seller's market.
"We are getting lots of multiple offers on lower-end properties," said Barbara Safran, president of the Contra Costa Association of Realtors. "One person told me they had 12 offers on a property in Concord." more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/business/ci_20235268/buyers-compete-short-supply-homes-bay-area

Yep, My daughter sold her home at the worst time of the housing market (2 yrs ago) and it took 1 month and he paid more than the asking and paid cash. It used to take two weeks to sell here a few years back. The asking price used to be just the starting price...Let the bidding wars begin!!...LOL

These teens will chat away for hours but when authorities are involved, they clam up. They will protect what they know regardless of consequences. Some of her friends have to know something about her.

Have you ever had to question a teen when it involved police. They act stupid.

"This map depicts the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office jurisdictional areas of
responsibility. In addition, it illustrates the movement and mobility of Norteño and
Sureño gangs from one area of the county to another. There are more than 140 Norteño
gangs, and more than 70 Sureño gangs in Santa Clara County...."

http://www.sccgov.org/keyboard/attachments/Committee%20Agenda/2010/October%2013,%202010/203247964/TMPKeyboard203249430.pdf

Highway 101 is the dividing line through the middle of Morgan Hill.

How about abandoned/foreclosed homes in the area?

I heard of some foreclosed in South San Jose (Country Club community) two years ago, but I don't think they are anymore. I will check. Market in San Jose (Hills) is darn good. I live in San Mateo still but am trying to move to San Jose where it is a little less expensive.

I've never seen an abandoned home in this area (San Mateo). The people that have foreclosed have walked away. From what I have learned they have more than one home and let one go. I don't think that should be allowed;from what I see these people aren't hurting very much.

Morgan Hill is not considered part of this type of housing market.

I heard of some foreclosed in South San Jose (Country Club community) two years ago, but I don't think they are anymore. I will check. Market in San Jose (Hills) is darn good. I live in San Mateo still but am trying to move to San Jose where it is a little less expensive.

I've never seen an abandoned home in this area. The people that have foreclosed have walked away. From what I have learned they have more than one home and let one go. I don't think that she be allowed;from what I see these people aren't hurting very much.

Morgan Hill is not considered part of this type of housing market.

There are def. abandoned homes down in SJ and South County.

How about abandoned/foreclosed homes in the area?

I am curious about the house on Scheller. I want to get pics when I get there. SAR/LE searched and took evidence bags from it. It was abandoned/foreclosed.

I think I missed something. What about this area is concerning? Are there searchers there today? I only ask because Sarx seems very knowlegable about what's going on so there must be some significance for it to be pointed out today and I'm missing it...maybe I just need more coffee:coffeews:

edited to add: I should mention I was born and raised in Santa Cruz County and lived/worked in San Jose for about five years. Have many friends in Gilroy/Morgan Hill and spent a lot of time traveling highway 101/Hecker Pass/152/129/17/280, etc.

I think I missed something. What about this area is concerning? Are there searchers there today? I only ask because Sarx seems very knowlegable about what's going on so there must be some significance for it to be pointed out today and I'm missing it...maybe I just need more coffee:coffeews:

No, this is an area of concern for me personally. I have started a SAR thread and am putting maps up over there as not to confuse people here. Sorry for any confusion!

No searches that are public today.

I have never been to Morgan Hill...but Bailey is the exit I would take off #101 to get to Sierra's house. I am curious as to why they are looking in that area myself, Merical.

I better start downloading some maps...today.

I'm guessing but I bet there are many migrant workers in the area of Sierra's home, no?

Thanks knoxy for the latest regarding FBI actually making individual home visits of pals/acquaintances of sierra's...hmmm.. now my mind is wondering if this is:
A) they haven't the slightest clue of what happened to Sierra thus they are covering all bases with no specificity and going door to door, face to face to speak with pals, acquaintances, schoolmates ...

...OR...

B) the individual who tweeted FBI morning wake up call at their front door is being spoken to regarding sierra for a specific reason and Investigators may actually be in the process of unfolding the who, when, and where sierra is at? (*please note I am not insinuating that the tweeter is guilty of involvement per se)

Of course I desperately am hoping that it is much more B) rather than A) but no way to know for certain at this point..

Oh and :welcome: Theologian and Merical2!! Glad you guys decided to join us:)

I'm guessing but I bet there are many migrant workers in the area of Sierra's home, no?

My experience with Morgan Hill has been that while it's less expensive that other parts of the Bay Area, it's mainly commuters and people who want property backing up to the hills for horses and such. I've seen more agricultural land going south into the Gilroy area and then down into Monterey County (where you'll find more migrant workers). If there were migrant workers in nearby fields, etc., it would have been unusual for them to be in Sierra's neighborhood that day in particular due to the heavy (at times) rain. Then again, it's been a few years since I've been down in that area.

Thanks knoxy for the latest regarding FBI actually making individual home visits of pals/acquaintances of sierra's...hmmm.. now my mind is wondering if this is:
A) they haven't the slightest clue of what happened to Sierra thus they are covering all bases with no specificity and going door to door, face to face to speak with pals, acquaintances, schoolmates ...

...OR...

B) the individual who tweeted FBI morning wake up call at their front door is being spoken to regarding sierra for a specific reason and Investigators may actually be in the process of unfolding the who, when, and where sierra is at? (*please note I am not insinuating that the tweeter is guilty of involvement per se)

Of course I desperately am hoping that it is much more B) rather than A) but no way to know for certain at this point..

Oh and :welcome: Theologian and Merical2!! Glad you guys decided to join us:)

Sierra is a follower of his on Twitter, maybe they are talking to all her Twit pals or maybe he is just a friend of hers. I was glad to see the FBI is out and investigating, the fact that the SAR teams aren't out was discouraging to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school