GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

California laws on DUI hit & run pedestrian death.

Oooh, possibly batting clean-up for my buddy @borndem:

https://www.kannlawoffice.com/hit-and-run

(IDK anything about this law firm and trust/hope they transcribed this material accurately.)

California Vehicle Code § 20001- Felony Hit and Run

California Penal Code §20001 applies when a driver leaves the scene of an accident, without leaving identifying information, and someone other than the driver was injured or killed.

Penal Code § 20001 can be charged as a misdemeanor or as a felony. If convicted of a misdemeanor the punishment is:

• A fine of between 1,000 and 10,000 dollars;

• Up to one year in county jail.

If convicted of a felony, the punishment includes:

• 16 months to 3 years in state prison;
• 2 – 4 years in state prison in cases where death or serious injury occurred.

Sounds like a felony to me, with 2 deaths? Potentially sentenced to 16 months to 4 years in prison? Personally, seeing a big ol' fine in this case jmho.

jmho ymmv lrr

This is really sad because the Grossman Burn Center is a God Send for our community. They have donated so much time and vital resources and support towards needy Burn Victims over the years.

I personally knew of one family , here in Westlake Village, whose young son was badly burned when an older child poured lighter fluid on the family BBQ one Sunday.

The Grossman Burn centre saved his life, and donated most of their services to the family, because their insurance did not cover much of the expensive treatments necessary. They had a support group for family members and for the victims, as they continued their difficult surgeries and treatments and helped the families get to the hospital, etc.

Project Faith
PROJECT FAITH
Founded in 2007, Project Faith provides basic support services for wound and burn care including burn survivors and their families during treatment.

Through Project Faith, the Grossman Burn Foundation may provide to those who qualify:
* Medical Treatment (surgery, steroid injections, medicine, etc.)
* Physical Therapy
* Psychotherapy
* Medical Tattooing
* Housing and Meals
* Transportation to medical appointments
* Network of volunteers to serve as as support system for the patient and his/her family
* Medical supplies such as compression garments and face masks

So it is really sickening that this woman did such a despicable deed, and trashed and ruined the reputation of her family name...and killed two precious young boys, and tried to get away with it.

There have been charitable people who turned out to be evil. Jim Jones, Jerry Sandusky, and Jimmy Savile comes to mind. They were seen as pillars of their communities.

Similar case in Indiana, this criminally irresponsible driver killed one adult:

An Evansville man is sentenced to prison for a deadly hit and run last summer. Dylan Birdwell, 21, was sentenced to ten years in prison and five years of probation.

jmho ymvv lrr

“One boy was allegedly carried 100ft on the hood of the car before Grossman braked, at which point he fell off the car and she ran him over again as she fled the scene.”

Thank you for posting this link. This story is hard to stomach. My thoughts are with the victim’s family. I really wish for justice in this case, but that may be too wishful. *My opinions

Judge refuses to dismiss murder charges against Rebecca Grossman in fatal Westlake Village crash​

LOS ANGELES - A judge Wednesday rejected a defense motion seeking the dismissal of murder charges against the co-founder of the Grossman Burn Foundation, who allegedly struck and killed two young brothers in a Westlake Village crosswalk and fled the scene.

Rebecca Grossman, 59, was ordered on May 5 to stand trial on murder and other charges stemming from the September 2020 deaths of 11-year-old Mark Iskander and his 8-year-old brother, Jacob.

I hope she is convicted of two counts of murder and serves the full sentence allowed by law. Her actions were heinous!

This is really sad because the Grossman Burn Center is a God Send for our community. They have donated so much time and vital resources and support towards needy Burn Victims over the years.

I personally knew of one family , here in Westlake Village, whose young son was badly burned when an older child poured lighter fluid on the family BBQ one Sunday.

The Grossman Burn centre saved his life, and donated most of their services to the family, because their insurance did not cover much of the expensive treatments necessary. They had a support group for family members and for the victims, as they continued their difficult surgeries and treatments and helped the families get to the hospital, etc.

Project Faith
PROJECT FAITH
Founded in 2007, Project Faith provides basic support services for wound and burn care including burn survivors and their families during treatment.

Through Project Faith, the Grossman Burn Foundation may provide to those who qualify:
* Medical Treatment (surgery, steroid injections, medicine, etc.)
* Physical Therapy
* Psychotherapy
* Medical Tattooing
* Housing and Meals
* Transportation to medical appointments
* Network of volunteers to serve as as support system for the patient and his/her family
* Medical supplies such as compression garments and face masks

So it is really sickening that this woman did such a despicable deed, and trashed and ruined the reputation of her family name...and killed two precious young boys, and tried to get away with it.
Richard Grossman, the founder of the Grossman Burn Center was a wonderful man and have so much. His son, Peter Grossman and his father did not get along. Peter and Rebecca were separated at the time she killed Mark and Jacob Iskander. She was racing her famous baseball player boyfriend that night, at speeds reaching 81 mph, 1.5 seconds before she killed the boys, while driving drunk. Peter Grossman has tried to intimidate the victim's parents in court. He is no angel! He is standing by her and trying to use his money to get her off! Our community is shattered by the deaths of Mark and Jacob! What Grossman has done to this family since she killed their kids is unbearable. Her PR team is ruthless and she has ZERO remorse. Those who live here do not care about her status because she married someone who inherited a family business. We want justice for Mark and Jacob! Have you followed the case locally? The outrage from our community is remarkable. The love and support for the victims family is unwaivering. Jan 10th is the next court date and we hope they finally set a trial date. This case should be national news! Can you believe they didn't even release her mug shot? That's what money can buy you here. Sadly.

Oooh, possibly batting clean-up for my buddy @borndem:

https://www.kannlawoffice.com/hit-and-run

(IDK anything about this law firm and trust/hope they transcribed this material accurately.)

California Vehicle Code § 20001- Felony Hit and Run

California Penal Code §20001 applies when a driver leaves the scene of an accident, without leaving identifying information, and someone other than the driver was injured or killed.

Penal Code § 20001 can be charged as a misdemeanor or as a felony. If convicted of a misdemeanor the punishment is:

• Up to one year in county jail.

If convicted of a felony, the punishment includes:

• 16 months to 3 years in state prison;
• 2 – 4 years in state prison in cases where death or serious injury occurred.

Sounds like a felony to me, with 2 deaths? Potentially sentenced to 16 months to 4 years in prison? Personally, seeing a big ol' fine in this case jmho.

jmho ymmv lrr
Good grief, only 2-4 years for killing someone! A DUI...

Absolutely criminal. This case reminds me of John Goodman, DUI in Florida. He was heir to millions of dollars, finally convicted after two trials, and he is still trying to get out of his sentence. Must be nice to have an endless pot of cash for attorneys.

Good grief, only 2-4 years for killing someone! A DUI...

Absolutely criminal. This case reminds me of John Goodman, DUI in Florida. He was heir to millions of dollars, finally convicted after two trials, and he is still trying to get out of his sentence. Must be nice to have an endless pot of cash for attorneys.

We have a wave of them lately, sadly, including the now-impeached ex-Attorney General of South Dakota, who walked away with a misdemeanor with a lengthy record of moving violations!

Maybe this driver will at least get 2 sentences for killing 2 people while speeding drunk in a city???

Not to derail the thread, but here is another wealthy woman, who killed someone with her car, no jail time. Didn't even lose her driver's license. She ran over my friend, no DUI...they never even checked!

The most I have ever seen someone sentenced to involving killing someone while driving is eight years and they served 5 years. As if being in the car when it happened gives you some kind of protection from your own actions.

Grossman is facing up to 34 years if convicted on all charges. Not saying she will get the maximum. The difference is she is being charged with 2 counts of murder. She was drunk, racing at 81 mph, NEVER hit her brakes and fled the scene. The only reason she was caught is because Mercedes shut down her car. She was found over 1/4 mile away from the scene and tried to start her car 14 times to try to leave. She also has a prior ticket going over 90 mph, in which she threatened the CHP officer to never come to the burn center if he was ever injuring. Another ticket 4 weeks before she killed Mark and Jacob. There is a FB site dedicated to Justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander. The family are the most gracious, humble people one could meet. She should have plead. Her constant narrative is it's a "tragic accident." She also blames the police for planting evidence, Mercedes for hitting the boys, etc... a real piece of work. On a side note, she just hired a high profile attorney named, Tony Buzbee. He normally only represents victims, and normally to settle high profile cases, not to defend the indefensible.

Last edited:
If she serves more than 5 years, I will be surprised. I just don't have faith in the justice system anymore. I have great faith in LEO, not judges and lawyers, especially where money is concerned.

Grossman appealed the CHARGES all the way to the Supreme Court. Denied. She was going 81 mph 1.5 seconds before she killed Mark and Jacob. Impact was at 73 mph on a residential street. According to the black box of her Mercedes, she FLOORED her gas pedal to race Scott Erickson, former Dodger player.

State Supreme Court denies Grossman murder appeal​

| December 22, 2022

By Scott Steepleton
scott@theacorn.com

The California Supreme Court has ruled that Rebecca Grossman can stand trial on two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the September 2020 deaths of brothers Mark and Jacob Iskander of Westlake Village.

Without comment, the court on Dec. 21 denied Grossman’s petition to review a Second District Court of Appeal decision that allows one murder charge for each brother to stand at trial.

The ruling was the Hidden Hills socialite’s last chance to get the murder charges dropped before trial starts, perhaps in February.

In addition to the two murder counts, Grossman is charged with two counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence and one count of hit-and-run.

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Ryan Gould alleges Grossman was traveling more than 70 mph in her Mercedes Benz SUV when she struck Mark, 11, and Jacob, 8, as they crossed Triunfo Canyon Road with their mother and younger brother in the incident two years ago.

After the collision, the prosecutor says, Grossman failed to return to the scene and did not render aid.

She admitted to investigators that she had been drinking before getting behind the wheel; however, the prosecution chose not to file any DUI-related charges.

At an earlier hearing, defense attorney Jonathan Schneller admitted Grossman’s actions amounted to “undeniably dangerous conduct”—just like thousands of drivers around the state every day.

But the defense has maintained the collision was a “tragic accident” and that Grossman is being “overcharged” with murder.

Follow Scott Steepleton on Twitter @scottsteepleton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back