Body Condition: Not recognizable - Insect/animal activity
Probable year of death: 1979 (Weeks)

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-40
Approximate Height: 73 estimate.
Approximate Weight: 185 estimate.
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: Missing due to decomposition
Physical medical: The 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers of the right hand had been surgically amputated

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: White t-shirt Tightly-fitting blue "Levi" jeans (30 x 36) Brown leather belt 1 1/2 inch wide with distinctive closure (Brass ring with rifle sling hook- "made exclusively for J.Press") A pair of "Jockey" shorts (32/34) 1 pair long white sock with red and black colored bands at the top 1 pair short black ankle socks; A pair of "Frye" brown tooled leather boots (16" with foam cushions inserted bilaterally); Dental bridge of 3 plastic teeth was attached to the #8 and #11 teeth.
Jewerly: nothing.

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Case History: The body of a muscular Caucasian male was found concealed near the roadside, in Vacaville.

White Male 20-40
Muscular
Approx 6’1” / 185 lbs
Missing some fingers / surgically amputated
Dental bridge
upload_2020-3-14_15-4-50.jpeg

(transcription of bulletin posted on NamUs)

SOLANO COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
SHERIFF ALBERT M. CARDOZA

BULLETIN
MURDER / MISSING PERSON - INFORMATION WANTED

VICTIM: JOHN DOE #9, WMA, approx. 40, 6’1”, 185-190, hair light brown, eyes unknown, wearing white “T” shirt, straight leg levis, waist 30, length 36, 16” Frye boots, K-mart white jockey shorts, two pair of socks, 1 white with red and black stripes, 1 black. Brown leather belt with distinctive buckle pictured above. Brand in belt states, “Made exclusively for J. Press”.

Victim was found on April 28, 1979 on North Meridian Road, Solano County, Ca. Head of victim was in advanced stages of parasitic decomposition. Above head is reconstruction of features. Victim suffered a blow to forehead and possible fatal laceration to throat. Victim may have been deceased as long as two weeks at time of discovery. Victim had suffered traumatic injury to right hand, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers had been surgically amputated and healed for some years prior to homicide. Surgical repair of poor quality, trauma was sawing or snearing type of [in]jury. Dental charts and marginal quality prints (due to decomposition) available.

Any information should be forwarded to Det. L. Welch, Solano County Sheriff’s Department. Attention: Investigations, 500 Texas Street, Fairfield, Ca. 94533, telephone (707) 429-6571

J.Press: J. PRESS | Men's Suits, Sport Coats, Trousers, Dress Shirts, Ties....
https://jpressonline.com/
“Victim had suffered traumatic injury to right hand, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers had been surgically amputated and healed for some years prior to homicide. Surgical repair of poor quality, trauma was sawing or snearing type of [in]jury.

This stands out to me for some reason. Would this have been standard for the time? An at-home amputation? Military injury? Seems like it could hold a clue...

J.Press: J. PRESS | Men's Suits, Sport Coats, Trousers, Dress Shirts, Ties....
“Victim had suffered traumatic injury to right hand, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers had been surgically amputated and healed for some years prior to homicide. Surgical repair of poor quality, trauma was sawing or snearing type of [in]jury.

This stands out to me for some reason. Would this have been standard for the time? An at-home amputation? Military injury? Seems like it could hold a clue...
My first thought was that he might have been a carpenter or working with wood in some capacity. Losing a finger or more in that line of work is very common. If he worked out in the countryside then I would not be surprised if the surgical repairs were sub-par. There usually weren't that many skilled surgeons available if you didn't live near the city.

I submitted this in Doe Network section!

Mary Bell reply my submitted!

Thank you for the suggested match. I don't show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

Best Regards,
Mary Bell
Tips & Potential Match Coordinator
Doe Network "International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons”

Attachments

• mary.PNG
    mary.PNG
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
The "wanted" notice you posted in the Sizemore thread, mentions "construction worker" as an occupation, but since the scar on the left forearm is the mark mentioned (no missing fingers etc), i'm not sure :( They still look very similar to me...

Not much to go on but possibly Kenneth Lee Gautier Kenneth Lee Gautier – The Charley Project? Known as "Kenny" to his friends and "Lee" to his family. Doe Network: 4881DMFL - Kenneth Lee Gautier and NamUs pages: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). Originally from New York, Kenneth vanished while in Florida visiting relatives during the summer of 1975. His stats are close to those of North Meridian John Doe. A few things stood out to me about his case (bold is mine): Like the John Doe, Kenneth had several fingers on his right hand amputated a couple of years prior to his disappearance (due to an accident involving fireworks). While his family and roommates noticed his absence right away, he allegedly had talked about wanting to take a trip to California and other western states beforehand so they just assumed he left to do that and were not initially worried. He wasn't reported missing until a considerable amount of time passed with no contact. Thoughts? Kenneth's thread: FL - FL - Kenneth Gautier, 20, Ruskin, 1 May 1975.

it's possible. from what i've seen with other uid's/mp's there was a lot of travel between florida and cali in general...

Not much to go on but possibly Kenneth Lee Gautier Kenneth Lee Gautier – The Charley Project? Known as "Kenny" to his friends and "Lee" to his family. Doe Network: 4881DMFL - Kenneth Lee Gautier and NamUs pages: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). Originally from New York, Kenneth vanished while in Florida visiting relatives during the summer of 1975. His stats are close to those of North Meridian John Doe. A few things stood out to me about his case (bold is mine): Like the John Doe, Kenneth had several fingers on his right hand amputated a couple of years prior to his disappearance (due to an accident involving fireworks). While his family and roommates noticed his absence right away, he allegedly had talked about wanting to take a trip to California and other western states beforehand so they just assumed he left to do that and were not initially worried. He wasn't reported missing until a considerable amount of time passed with no contact. Thoughts? Kenneth's thread: FL - FL - Kenneth Gautier, 20, Ruskin, 1 May 1975.
That’s an interesting possibility! A few stats are off, but the missing fingers are hard to overlook. That’s a very unusual characteristic. I think you should submit him!

(I don’t have access to NamUs at the moment to check rule outs, but I’m sure someone can verify that info if you haven’t already ;) )

That’s an interesting possibility! A few stats are off, but the missing fingers are hard to overlook. That’s a very unusual characteristic. I think you should submit him!

(I don’t have access to NamUs at the moment to check rule outs, but I’m sure someone can verify that info if you haven’t already ;) )

Only 1 exclusion for this gentleman:

MP25080
Vincent Sclafani
12/06/1978
Los Angeles CA

He's not on his exclusion list, I say submit. The amputation information and that he had spoken about going to CA, makes him a good possibility to me.

North Meridian John Doe has been unidentified for 43 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back