CA - Stephon Clark, 22, unarmed, fatally shot by Sacramento police, 18 March 2018

We should not live in a Police State which is why a strong Second Amendment is so important a constitutional right.

How does that apply here - are you saying if he had a gun he would have been able to defend himself?

Stephon Clark family legal team explains autopsy drawing error with wrong bullet entry

According to this article, the only shot from the front was to his thigh. Six to his back, and one to the side of his neck

According to this article, the only shot from the front was to his thigh. Six to his back, and one to the side of his neck
How do you explain the statement made by the ME that said "7 Entered left side. Omalu theorizes this could have been the first bullet to hit Clark, and its impact rotated Clark to expose his back to the next shots fired."

Are you saying that this shot hit Stephon from behind and it caused him to rotate so that his back was exposed to the next shots? That doesn't make any sense. Besides its says that the shot to his leg was at an angle not the front.

We should not live in a Police State which is why a strong Second Amendment is so important a constitutional right.

Do you think the rest of the world lives in a police state?
Australia?
All of Europe?
Iceland?

<modsnip>

When a cause claiming generalisations against a group of people uses generalisations against another group of people, it truly undermines the cause. Ask any community leaders genuinely invested in change for good.

This is all I found:

No mention of people walking in the road or crossing where there isn't a marked or unmarked crosswalk. But I think it should be if a car hits a pedestrian it is the driver's fault - kind of like when someone gets rear-ended.

For sure hit-and-run is always against the law, and it should apply even if the hit-and-run driver is a police officer.

If that had been me, I can assure you I would be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, hit and run, and any other charges they could lay on me, they would put me in jail until a magistrate decided my bail.
They may rough me up a little bit, first.

How do you explain the statement made by the ME that said "7 Entered left side. Omalu theorizes this could have been the first bullet to hit Clark, and its impact rotated Clark to expose his back to the next shots fired."

Are you saying that this shot hit Stephon from behind and it caused him to rotate so that his back was exposed to the next shots? That doesn't make any sense. Besides its says that the shot to his leg was at an angle not the front.

According to the article, and illustrations, that shot was not full on front, but in the armpit area. Closure to the back.

Sacramento County sheriff shows video of protester being hit by patrol SUV

So the deputies where not on an emergency call, they where heading back to their station.

I want to know why the woman walked in front of a moving vehicle and I also want to know why the deputy didn't stop after hitting her.

http://www.kcra.com/article/sacrame...of-protester-being-hit-by-patrol-suv/19664749

The car was stopped when she walked in front of it.
She probably thought the stopped driver would allow her to pass, rather than accelerate before she could make her way across.
Like one would expect from any sane person driving through a crowd.

As vehicle 1 begins to move forward, vehicle 2 follows. In the video, a protester walked in front of the vehicle right before it started moving. As the vehicle begins to move, the protester moves to the right. The vehicle continues to drive as the protester falls to the ground. The vehicle drives ahead and catches up with vehicle

It might explain why she walked in front of the police car. Perhaps she wanted to stop the SUV so the mob could continue their vandalism. I'm not saying that was her intent, just a possibility, given her record.

Victim blame, much?

The shot in the leg is at an angle because he was falling.
If he was down when he was shot in the back, as you suggested, those shots would be at an angle, as well.

I'm so happy to see some of these last few comments. I had to step away from reading this thread due to people rationalizing the actions of the police. I'm going back to lurking now. I prefer reading to responding!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting junebuggy!
And welcome to Websleuths!
:welcome4:

Sorry for the multiple posts but I was out today and had to catch up.

In regards to this woman being hit by the cop, I don't consider it only a hit and run.
This cop was stopped, then accelerated to hit this woman.
I consider it ..
1)"Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon".
( Ca. penal code section 241 (a) (1)
2) "Aggravated Battery".
(Ca. penal code section 243 (d)
3) "Hit and Run with Bodily Injury"
(Ca. vehicle code 20001 VC.
My guess says this cop will say he "feared for his life" and that will be his excuse.
My guess is that if the tables were turned, and a civilian did this to a cop, he/she would not live to tell about it.

The shot in the leg is at an angle because he was falling.
If he was down when he was shot in the back, as you suggested, those shots would be at an angle, as well.

I guess it's possible that six shots in the back occurred when Stephon was still standing and all of the shots fired while he was on the ground missed. The ME doesn't say anything about straight thru or at an angle when referring to those shots so I don't know. JMO

I guess it's possible that six shots in the back occurred when Stephon was still standing and all of the shots fired while he was on the ground missed. The ME doesn't say anything about straight thru or at an angle when referring to those shots so I don't know. JMO

So, he was shot in the back, side and leg, right? Six shots to his back? So he wasn’t facing police when he was shot.

The fact that she was arrested is relevant since it was because she assaulted a police officer. IMO

Cleveland, a Vocal Activist Was Charged With Assaulting a Cop at City Council Meeting

Cleveland can be seen being touched from behind by a police officer and then Cleveland turned and started to attack the officer with a closed fist.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/wanda-cleveland-sheriff-cruiser-struck-protester/

And? Does that mean she deserves to be hit by a car?

So why even mention it? It has nothing to do with her being hit by a police officer.

If it were drug charges or some other crime unrelated to activism, it probably wouldn't have been mentioned in MSM. IMO

We can agree to disagree on whether or not it's worthy of being mentioned.

If it were drug charges or some other crime, it probably wouldn't have been mentioned in MSM. IMO

We can agree to disagree on whether or not it's worthy of being mentioned.
Sure it would be mentioned.... Whatever is needed to victim blame...

Sure it would be mentioned.... Whatever is needed to victim blame...

Agreed, the police need to make sure that the public think of her as less than the average Joe, and by reading some of the responses in this thread it has already worked. The police have received support just because she did something once, as if she deserved to be knocked down by a car because of her past actions. Sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back