Resolved CA - Stockton, Fem, UP52688, "JB" & marijuana leaf tattoo, in pond, 10 Aug 2018

Mka28

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm fairly new to this and hoping to help a local Jane Doe. She hasn't been entered into our local Police Department/Sheriff Department websites to my current findings. I've only found her through Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP52688. What should I do next? Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Hi Mka28. How are you? Are you sure you provided the right case number. I couldn't find it in Namus.

Tip: put something about the Doe in the header, like the other threads. Use the right forum (unidentified) Land, state, sex, race, when found etc. And on the first page the most important stats/a summery of the file, things that stand out.

It's also easier for others if you provide a link to the file. (just copy the url and put it in here) and links to all other aticles and the like you already found on other sites.

Good luck!

If the listed height & weight are correct, this woman was strikingly thin! Emaciated, likely. She would need to gain about 30 pounds for her weight to be considered "healthy."

Now 58 inches, 4' 10" at 90 pounds is within the normal range.

Can you visit the office of the biggest newspaper in Stockton, CA? They should have copies of the August 10, 11, and 12, 2018 newspapers. Any notice of finding the body should be there.

Looks like that location is in town, you may be able to get a copy of the police report?

I clicked on the map link & don't see a pond? But the house between the pin & the cemetery seems to have a pool? Guess that could be a koi pond?

You could visit the cemetery -- and walk aaaaalll the way back to take a look over the wall.

So glad that you are taking an interest in this deceased lady!

If the listed height & weight are correct, this woman was strikingly thin! Emaciated, likely. She would need to gain about 30 pounds for her weight to be considered "healthy."

Can you visit the office of the biggest newspaper in Stockton, CA? They should have copies of the August 10, 11, and 12, 2018 newspapers. Any notice of finding the body should be there.

Looks like that location is in town, you may be able to get a copy of the police report?

I clicked on the map link & don't see a pond? But the house between the pin & the cemetery seems to have a pool? Guess that could be a koi pond?

You could visit the cemetery -- and walk aaaaalll the way back to take a look over the wall.

Hello,

Thank you! I actually went out to the location today! It was my third attempt to find the ponds. This time it took a fellow fisherman (good friend of mine) to pin point the area where the ponds are located. I noticed that the it's extremely remote of an area. So she didn't just walk back in the area, especially in those shoes. Also, if she was out dumped possibly in March 2019, no one would've seen her according to the locals at Paradise because of the tall brush. You would have to use a truck to go back into the ponds. Its completely flat now, no brush. They're building homes and have cut access off to the ponds. However, you could easy jump the curb and get to the ponds if you wanted too.

I am afraid that the link to Map from NAMUS is possibly off. If you Google for the intersection, the map location is west of the interstate. Big difference!

Fortunately, you found a local who knows the area. Where these fishing ponds, a fish farm, livestock watering ponds, do you know?

Why would this young lady be there? I know, taken by the perp, but how was she lured/transported there?

Yes, the GPS coordinates are completely off. I went in the back way to access the ponds. The ponds in the pictures I’ve included are just a few. Many people will just go to the ponds and “fish” them. I noticed they have dairy feed on the property. Again, to get on the property, you wouldn’t take a little car or go on foot. Especially in March. It’s so big.

What troubled me that day, was a young girl walking towards that direction. She was coming from I-5. She had no shoes on and was severely dirty. I had wondered if maybe Jane Doe was like her, and taken, dumped @ a pond . I’m seeing more young homeless females just walking alone, it baffles me. Because that area is notorious for dumping bodies. She isn’t our first Jane Doe to be dumped in that area. I-5 also is notorious for serial killers. Who knows?

Attachments

• AF3676EC-DE24-4471-B3C3-3892B82E8AC5.jpeg
    AF3676EC-DE24-4471-B3C3-3892B82E8AC5.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 292
  • FC7CD9DF-14BE-4518-B292-4F448937D17B.jpeg
    FC7CD9DF-14BE-4518-B292-4F448937D17B.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for the pictures! When I looked at the map & saw that Interstate, I wondered if she was hitchhiking & guessed poorly when offered a ride.

At least the young lady has you!

I don’t think I’m getting any answers. I’ve contacted the local police department, the sheriff department and the NamUS agency. So the only information I have is what is posted by NamUS, and a small article from kcra.

I don’t think I’m getting any answers. I’ve contacted the local police department, the sheriff department and the NamUS agency. So the only information I have is what is posted by NamUS, and a small article from kcra.
I was looking for the KCRA article, I cannot locate it can you upload a pic or link the article?

@Mka28 it is very sparse with no age, ethnicity, no morgue photos or sketches of the victims face but we have photos of tattoos. Maybe start hunting missing person cases on NAMUS?? I'm working but did a quick cursory search:

NamUs #MP50568 Jaimee Louise Russo, Female, White / Caucasian but not sure about her tats, looks like there's room for some error but she is missing from Stockton, Ca.
LKC is 8/9/17, 5'8, 140lbs. "Tattoo on wrist: Heart design with something like devil horns. Tattoo on shoulder or back or chest: Stars and moon design Tattoo on chest: Unknown."

We know the Doe was VERY decomposed I'm not surprised by any huge weight discrepancies & the tats not mentioned on the Doe profile could be due to the Doe being in that advanced state of decomp or LE withheld some from the profile for identification purposes.

Only thing is Jaimee Russo's last known contact was 08/09/17 and Doe was found 8/10/18. close but a year+ 2 days apart
She is often transient so it could be possible.
I think the tat on Doe's buttock could've spelled something different in lower case letters but could just be the decomp. That calf tattoo looks like the original may have been a dagger with a snake wrapped around the dagger & the Doe later covered it with the marijuana leaf decor. But then I am not a tattoo artist lol
Maybe ask LE if they've ruled Jamie Louise Russo out for this Doe. ( I cant see a rule out list even with an account). I feel sure they know of her case its Stockton, Ca., surely theu compared.
Edit to add: this is all from my cell phone i may have major errors, hope not.

Last edited:

I agree, there is no way she is 5'8 and 90lbs, she would have been severely emaciated, however her shoe was a womens 9.5. That size would belong to a taller girl, a girl about 5'6-5'9.
If she was 4'10" at 90lbs he shoe size would have been more of a 5 or 6.5 at the largest.
The weight has to be off, or there was extensive drug use, meth/cocaine can speed up the heart increasing metabolism and decrease appetite.

No real info here, just a very early report:

By The Record
Posted Aug 11, 2018 at 6:04 PM
Updated Aug 11, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Body found in Delta

STOCKTON — Authorities are investigating a dead body found in a field in rural west Stockton.

Officers were called to an area off West Eight Mile and North Rio Blanco roads at about 6:19 p.m. Friday to find a deceased individual.

Stockton Police Department spokesman Officer Joe Silva said the case is active as of Saturday and an autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death.

“At this point, we are still trying to determine the race and gender of the decedent,” Silva said. He could not provide further details.

911 briefs (Aug. 12, 2018)

No real info here, just a very early report:

By The Record
Posted Aug 11, 2018 at 6:04 PM
Updated Aug 11, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Body found in Delta

STOCKTON — Authorities are investigating a dead body found in a field in rural west Stockton.

Officers were called to an area off West Eight Mile and North Rio Blanco roads at about 6:19 p.m. Friday to find a deceased individual.

Stockton Police Department spokesman Officer Joe Silva said the case is active as of Saturday and an autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death.

“At this point, we are still trying to determine the race and gender of the decedent,” Silva said. He could not provide further details.

911 briefs (Aug. 12, 2018)
Stockton police investigate after body found in field

I spoke to a detective today. The Stockton Police Dept is handling this case but couldn’t give me any further details on whether someone was actively investigating the case. All that he knew was that the body was severely decomposed and she was in the pond.

I agree, there is no way she is 5'8 and 90lbs, she would have been severely emaciated, however her shoe was a womens 9.5. That size would belong to a taller girl, a girl about 5'6-5'9.
If she was 4'10" at 90lbs he shoe size would have been more of a 5 or 6.5 at the largest.
The weight has to be off, or there was extensive drug use, meth/cocaine can speed up the heart increasing metabolism and decrease appetite.

I spoke to a detective today. The Stockton Police Dept is handling this case but couldn’t give me any further details on whether someone was actively investigating the case. All that he knew was that the body was severely decomposed and she was in the pond.

You are doing something good. You are keeping this woman from falling through the cracks. Did you notice her bracelet? It reminded me of one that is sold at amusement parks but can be personalized.

Yes, the GPS coordinates are completely off. I went in the back way to access the ponds. The ponds in the pictures I’ve included are just a few. Many people will just go to the ponds and “fish” them. I noticed they have dairy feed on the property. Again, to get on the property, you wouldn’t take a little car or go on foot. Especially in March. It’s so big.

What troubled me that day, was a young girl walking towards that direction. She was coming from I-5. She had no shoes on and was severely dirty. I had wondered if maybe Jane Doe was like her, and taken, dumped @ a pond . I’m seeing more young homeless females just walking alone, it baffles me. Because that area is notorious for dumping bodies. She isn’t our first Jane Doe to be dumped in that area. I-5 also is notorious for serial killers. Who knows?

If someone knew the area could they get close enough to dump her body by hand? Like carry her part of the way?
Hopefully a serial killer meets the wrong girl. Do you think the women near I-5 are aware that there is a killer or killers preying on them. In PA they had a billboard about a rapist. It worked as a warning and as a way to get people to report things they might normally blow off. I don't think the Fairmount Park rapist has been found yet.

You are doing something good. You are keeping this woman from falling through the cracks. Did you notice her bracelet? It reminded me of one that is sold at amusement parks but can be personalized.
I'm not seeing a bracelet, just a twisted metal ring, is there a link to view additional photos you can post?
The ring reminds me of those "copper Magnetic Link Health Energy" things
Copper Rich Magnetic Bracelets

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg