GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

multiple other witnesses have testified that there’s no reason the real KD would’ve made that call .... supporting the claim that it was actually someone else (SB) pretending to be KD.

Now Kup who actually got the call says, general practice aside, this call was what KD herself would’ve done. That totally undercuts the claim the prosecution has spent so much time making. ?? Odd

And it’s an unnecessary hit to take ..... cuz the real issue is the call that didn’t go to the clinic, not the call that did go to the dean.

Idk Why would prosecution spend all that time then? There must be more I didn’t see, need to go back....

Looking at the Durst timeline of hideous events and life choices, has there never been any thought that his marriage to Debrah Charatan on Dec 11, less than two weeks before SB's murder, may have been the motive? Durst was already in hiding and now had a wife to help him cover, so why keep shoveling money to SB when he no longer needs her? I think it would be easier to just present it as he just no longer needed SB and was tired of sending her money instead of trying to prove he thought she would "out" him by essentially admitting she aided and abetted Kathy's murder years before. This years apart rehashing of what happened to Kathy is only going to muddy the water IMHO and distract from the murder of SB. When you've got a man who admits he's mentally capable of dismembering a man's corpse it's not that much of a stretch to think he'd shoot an old friend when she becomes an inconvenience in his life, thinking it is OK as long as he cares about her corpse.

Yeah this all would make sense, although the effort involved in murdering SB (immediate RT drive SF<->LA for one thing) may suggest more than just ‘no longer necessary.’

But RD has admitted in the past to all these elements of the prosecution’s case! I haven’t followed close enough to be sure of the order of things, but there’s a good chance the prosecution’s theory comes straight from the murderous old horse’s mouth.

“In 2014, Nick Chavin said he was asked to dinner in New York City by his longtime friend, Robert Durst, to talk about two women who had disappeared from their lives: Durst’s first wife, Kathleen, and a writer they had both been close with, Susan Berman. ....

“You wanted to talk about Susan?” Chavin asked. He said the question prompted a chilling reply.

“I had to. It was her or me,” Durst said, according to Chavin. “I had no choice.”

Chavin said he took the remark as a confession to Berman’s execution-style slaying....

In addition to his testimony regarding Berman’s killing, Chavin said Durst had admitted to killing Kathleen in a conversation with Berman. Berman later relayed that information to Chavin, he said.

“Susan said to me, ‘Bob killed Kathie,’” Chavin testified.

Asked why he hadn’t told police of the admission earlier, Chavin said Thursday that Berman had insisted they protect Durst.

“Kathie’s dead, we can’t do anything about it,” Chavin testified Berman told him. “We have to protect Bob.” ....

Robert Durst confessed to killing Susan Berman, 'secret witness' says in court

Tuesday, June 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Was serving a 7 year federal prison term for illegal possession of a revolver at the time of his New Orleans’ arrest.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21) Now 10 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-6 (5/18/21 thru 5/26/21) reference post #272 here:
CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000 *Arrest*

5/27/21 Thursday, Trial Day 7: State witnesses: Ruth Mayer, friend of Kathie Durst. Bill Mayer, ex-wife is Ruth. Prosecutors played the rest of Kuperman’s video taped testimony. Trial continues on Tuesday, 6/1/21.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
13h
#RobertDurst - Late start today due to a juror having an appointment. Court is set to begin at 10:30 am PT/1:30 pm ET.

Defense attorneys Dick DeGuerin and David Chesnoff have arrived. Court is scheduled to begin at 10:30 am PT/1:30 pm ET.

Former medical school classmate of Kathie Durst, Dr. Peter Halperin, previous testimony now playing for the jury.

Halperin.jpg

Dr. Peter Halperin testifies that Kathie Durst was an acquaintance, wouldn't say she was a close friend. She confided in him that things had escalated with Bob and she felt unsafe saying he was capable of violence. He told her to leave Bob.
Dr. Halperin testified Kathie Durst was frightened something would happen to her. When Halperin saw on the front page that Kathie was missing, "my heart sank".

Dr. Halperin: He saw on the news that Kathie's husband was offering a reward. He called the news station and said he had reason to believe her husband was involved. He says there was a lack of interest in what he was saying.

Halperin says NYPD never contacted him. In 2003 Westchester Co. Sheriff's dept. contacted him. He says he never called police before as he assumed many more people were closer to her and knew what was happening. He had only had the 1 convo w/her.

NOW: Recorded testimony of Retired New York State Trooper James Harney playing for the jury. Harney was assigned to investigate Kathie Durst's disappearance on Feb. 5, 1982, 5 days after the last time Kathie had been seen.

Harvey.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Wednesday, June 2nd:
*Trial continues (Day 9) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Was serving a 7 year federal prison term for illegal possession of a revolver at the time of his New Orleans’ arrest.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21) Now 10 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-7 (5/18/21 thru 5/27/21) reference post #283 here:

6/1/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 8: State witnesses: Dr. Peter Halperin, previous testimony played for jury. Retired New York State Trooper James Harney, was assigned to investigate Kathie Durst's disappearance. Recorded testimony played for jurors. Trial continues on Tuesday, 6/2/21.

for Wednesday, 6/2:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
1h
#RobertDurst - WATCH LIVE on @LawCrimeNetwork
. 2017 testimony of Det. Michael Struk continues to play for the jury. Struk was called by the DEFENSE in the 2017 hearing, but is being played now during the state's case. So you'll hear DeGuerin on Direct.

Struck.jpg

#RobertDurst often takes a good, long look at the jury, even straining to see around attorneys.

Durst.jpg

Det. Struk testifies about the Kathie Durst disappearance investigation "I thought we did whatever we could with what we were presented with."

Det. Struk is asked about a petition brought by attorney representing Kathie's family that quotes @JudgeJeanine who was Westchester D.A. , calling the investigation unethical, corrupt, etc.. Det. Struck calls @JudgeJeanine a "camera *advertiser censored*".

Det. Struk: "What hard evidence? What crime scene? What dead body?" Struk responds to the Kathie's family petition that accuses NYPD of ignoring hard evidence of Bob's suspicious activities.

More than 8 hours of pre-recorded testimony of Det. Michael Struk has played all day today. They didn't get it finished today. Tomorrow there will be a LIVE witness and then they will finish up Struk.

Court will start early tomorrow w/o jury at 8:30 am PT/11:30 am ET. Def wants to argue, again, to allow the testimony of Eddie Lopez, the elevator operator that told police he helped Kathie to her apt. the night of Jan 31, 1982, but later recanted.

FIGHT in court after jury left. Def wants the judge to instruct jury that questions from attys aren't evidence.
Dick DeGuerin stands up and starts shouting, "Can you say something about how It's outrageously repetitious?! I'M ANGRY RIGHT NOW!"

Thursday, June 3rd:
*Trial continues (Day 10) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-8 (5/18/21 thru 6/1/21) reference post #283 here:

6/2/21 Wednesday, Trial Day 9: State witnesses: Video played for jurors: 2017 testimony of Det. Michael Struk; he was called by the defense in the 2017 hearing, but now played during the State's case. Court will start early tomorrow without jury at 8:30 am. Defense wants to argue, again, to allow the testimony of Eddie Lopez, the elevator operator that told police he helped Kathie to her apt. the night of Jan 31, 1982, but later recanted. Trial continues on Thursday, 6/3/21

Thank you again @Niner . You are amazing!

Awww... shucks - thank you!
timid.gif

This trial could have saved a lot of time by both sides stipulating that police in the Kathy Durst trial suspected Susan Berman may have made the phone call to the Dean claiming to be Kathy. Not for the truth of the matter but to simply to confirm it was part of their theory in that case. I firmly believe all of this time being spent on the Kathy Durst case is going to backfire on them, and this psychopath will duck responsibility yet again.

Tweets for Thursday, 6/3:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
2h
#RobertDurst - WATCH LIVE: Attorneys are expected to argue before the jury arrives regarding admissibility of elevator operator statements.

First witness today is Elizabeth Jones. She cleaned the South Salem cottage for Bob and Kathie Durst.

Jones.jpg

Jones testifies she was at the Durst South Salem cottage to clean on her regular day and saw what she believed to be blood on the dishwasher. It looked fresh.

Jones also testified that she discovered hidden panels above a closet and noticed fingerprints on them. She wasn't aware of their existence prior, she noticed them when she was cleaning because of the fingerprints.

Jones also testified shortly after Kathie disappeared, Bob Durst gathered all of Kathie's things at the cottage and told her to get rid of them. Dishes, sheets, sewing machine, clothing, and her medical books.

Jones found this piece of paper in the garbage can of the South Salem cottage. It's a handwritten daily list. Durst was asked by NY police, according to DeGuerin, to write down where he was in the days following Kathie's disappearance.

Paper.jpg

When openings begin in #JosephDaniels trial, @LawCrimeNetwork
will switch from #RobertDurst to that trial. You can ALWAYS watch raw, uninterrupted feeds of our trials on Law & Crime - Law and Crime News AND two different YouTube Channels.

Det. Struk's testimony - John Lewin asks him about accepting concert tickets to the Rolling Stones and Neil Diamond from Kathie Durst's sister, Mary Hughes, during the investigation. He says it was Neil Diamond, he doesn't remember Rolling Stones

Struck.jpg

Det. Struk admits to getting concert tickets from Kathie Durst's sister and admits it was against department policy to accept gifts from witnesses or victims in cases they are investigating.

Lewin asks about the detective going in Kathie Durst's sister's car to investigate an area and, "Isn't it true that that they actually gave you a case of beer that was in the trunk of the car?" Struk says he doesn't remember that.

No court on Fridays, so this continues to Monday, 6/7/21.

Article recap of yesterday's trial.

'It Looked Like Blood': Robert Durst’s Housekeeper Testifies About Cleaning Up the Place After His Wife’s Disappearance

June 3, 2021

A housekeeper who cleaned up New York real estate heir Robert Durst’s house in Westchester County recounted seeing something strange on the dishwasher following his wife’s disappearance some four decades ago.

“It looked like blood,” Elizabeth Jones testified on Thursday.

Asked whether the mark appeared recent and fresh, Jones replied: “Yes.”

Jones told a jury that she cleaned the house weekly, and she would have noticed the stain before had it been there earlier.
[.....]
The year that Berman died in 2000, New York State troopers questioned Jones about what she knew about Kathie Durst’s disappearance. Jones claims she told authorities about the blood on the dishwasher story—and about finding a giant stack of toilet paper.

“I came in another day to clean, and the front hall had hundreds of rolls of toilet paper,” Jones recounted, estimating that they were packed into somewhere between 50 and 100 bags.

Asked to describe the prodigious pile, Jones replied: “It was bags and bags of toilet paper throughout the front hall.”

Then, the following week, they were gone, Jones claimed.
[.....]
California prosecutors have called multiple witnesses about their suspicions of domestic abuse in the Durst household, a bucolic lakefront home in South Salem, New York. An emergency room doctor previously testified that Kathie Durst had a mysterious black eye roughly a month before she disappeared. Another witness was the sister of Gilberte Najamy, the last person to see Kathie Durst alive.

Speaking of her encounter with Gilberte Najamy, Jones said: “She asked me to save the garbage from Bob’s house,” adding that she was “suspicious” of the real estate heir. Jones said that she did save the garbage.

Monday, June 7th:
*Trial continues (Day 11) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-9 (5/18/21 thru 6/2/21) reference post #288 here:

6/3/21 Thursday, Trial Day 10: Attorneys are expected to argue before the jury arrives regarding admissibility of elevator operator statements. State witnesses: Elizabeth Jones. She cleaned the South Salem cottage for Bob & Kathie Durst. Next video testimony of Dr. Struk continues. Trial continues on Monday, 6/7/21.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
13h
WATCH LIVE: #RobertDurst - John Ross - phone records analyst is on the stand.

Rose.jpg

Phone records show someone made collect calls to a realty corp. owned by Durst family. Prosecutors allege Durst made the calls. If true, this places him near Pine Barrens. In openings, Lewin told jurors they believe Kathie is buried there

phone.jpg

Testimony playing from Charles Lachman - Fmr. New York Post reporter. (He's now executive producer, Inside Edition). He interviewed Bob Durst and wrote an article June 3, 1982.

Lachman.jpg

In Lachman's article he quotes Durst as saying, "I think Kathie is alive". He suggested his wife ran away because she suffered "some sort of quasi breakdown. Kathie was doing badly in medical school and she was doing badly in our life"

Lachman's June 3, 1982 article: Durst also spoke of the anger and frustration what marred his marriage to Kathie. "Kathie and I have been having marital problems for several years."

Lachman's June 3, 1982 article quotes Durst: "My wife and I didn't live together from June of '80. Then she moved into my Riverside Drive apartment in April of '81. During that time we both had relationships."

Testimony playing now from Susan Berman's friend Miriam Barnes. Barnes will testify that Susan Berman told her - "If anything ever happens to me, Bobby did it. "

Barnes.jpg

Barnes: Susan Berman asked her to come to her apt with "a sense of urgency", she was pacing back and forth.

Barnes: She asked me to sit in a chair in the hallway. She said, "I'm gonna tell you something but I need you not to ask me any questions."

Susan Berman to Miriam Barnes, "I did something today and I did it for Bobby."..."If anything ever happened to me, Bobby did it."

Barnes says Susan Berman didn't elaborate on what she had done for Bobby. (Prosecutors allege Berman called Kathie's med school pretending to be her to call out sick after Kathie disappeared)

Barnes said she only met Durst once. Susan Berman was staying and Nick Chauvin's place in New York. Bob was there. "He was taking care of Susan and calling her Suzy.."

Barnes says the only time she met Durst, (Nick Chavin's house) Durst came walking out of the bathroom w/his pants open. "You know, it was just like,, personally you would say that this guy's an ." She said Durst had an arrogance about him.

Court adjourned until tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET.

Tuesday, June 8th:
*Trial continues (Day 12) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-10 (5/18/21 thru 6/3/21) reference post #294 here:

6/7/21 Monday, Trial Day 11: State witnesses: John Ross, phone records analyst. Video testimony of Charles Lachman, former NY Post reporter. Video testimony of Miriam Barnes, Susan Berman's friend. Trial continues on Monday, 6/8/21.

Tweets for Tues, 6/8/21

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
2h
#RobertDurst - WATCH LIVE: Court is in session. Attorneys are arguing admissibility of upcoming testimony.

Durst.png

Court is back in session. Prosecutor John Lewin is reading a stipulation to the jury.

John.jpg

Former New York Times reporter Steven Greenhouse takes the stand.

Greenhouse.jpg

Testimony of Stephen Silverman - friend of Susan Berman's is playing for the jury. He says Berman loved to tell people her father was a gangster. (Her father was a mobster) See video below - Susan Berman talking about her dad on @48hours

Silverman.jpg

Court is back in session following the lunch break. Continuing with video testimony of Danny Goldberg, friend of Susan Berman's.

Goldenberg.jpg

In 2015, Danny Goldberg told prosecutor Lewin that Susan Berman had told him - I'm a gangster's daughter so I have different standards for my friends than other people do. ....I think, probably, he killed her (Kathie).

Goldberg testifies he spoke to Susan Berman either late November or early December (weeks before she was killed) and she told him Durst was coming to visit her.

Next witness is Robin Karr-Morse. She spoke to Susan Berman a couple of days before she was killed. She said Susan was nervous. "She was going to talk to someone about this case and blow it wide open." Referring to Kathie Durst's disappearance.

Robin.jpg

Susan Berman Vowed to ‘Blow the Case Wide Open’ Before She Was Killed, Her Friend Testifies at Robert Durst Trial

Durst1.jpg

Wednesday, June 9th:
*Trial continues (Day 13) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-11 (5/18/21 thru 6/7/21) reference post #296 here:

6/8/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 12: Prosecutor John Lewin read a stipulation to the jury. State witnesses: Steven Greenhouse, former NY Times reporter. Video testimony of Stephen Silverman, friend of Susan Berman. Video testimony of Danny Goldberg, friend of Susan's. Robin Karr-More, friend of Susan. Trial continues on 6/9/21.

Tweets for Wed., June 9th

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
2h
#RobertDurst - WATCH LIVE: Mella Kaufman is the first witness today. Her and her brother were raised by Susan Berman. Berman was once in a relationship with their father. Mella calls Berman, "mom".

Kaufman.png

Susan Berman's goddaughter still on the stand under direct. She talks about Susan's love for her dogs. She said she doesn't have adequate words for how Susan felt about her dogs.

Pix.jpg

Mella Kaufman says Susan Berman's dogs would go crazy when someone came to the door. Under direct exam she says the dogs 'would have just lost it" if a stranger was in Berman's house, saying there's no way she wouldn't know someone was there.

Pix2.jpg

Mella testifies that Susan Berman never took the dogs for walks outside her home, there are no sidewalks on Benedict Canyon where Susan lived.

Many photos of Susan Berman shown in court.

Pix3.jpg

Court has resumed following the morning break. As they went to break, Susan Berman's goddaughter left the courtroom in tears.

Lunch recess until 1:30 pm PT/4:30 pm ET. Susan Berman's goddaughter will still be on the stand under cross-examination by David Chesnoff.

Court is back in session following the lunch break. Mella Kaufman is still under cross-exam by David Chesnoff. Mella was Susan Berman's goddaughter.

Mella Kaufman testified that Susan Berman told her she was an alibi for Bob Durst

#RobertDurst turns his wheelchair around and looks at the jury while waiting for the next witness.

Durst.jpg

Durst's friend Douglas Oliver takes the stand. Durst gives him a waive on his way up.

Douglas Oliver, friend of Bob Durst, appears to not want to cooperate with prosecutor Lewin's questions. Lewin, exasperated, "Oh, ok, this is going to be pleasant." Lewin has him declared a hostile witness - meaning he can ask leading questions.

Oliver.jpg

Lewin: Do you recall making a comment that you believed Kathie Durst had been sold into white slavery because of her cocaine problem? No, I do not recall that.

Lewin: Do you recall telling us that you don't think Bob Durst ever told you about Kathie being sold into white slavery but that you probably made the comment as a joke? No, I don't recall saying that.

FIGHT IN COURT! Judge Windham tells DeGuerin and Lewin: Ok, everybody...inhale....exhale...pause

Pretty much every answer, "I can't recall". Douglas Oliver is not cooperating at all.

Lewin asks Oliver if he remembers talking to prosecutor Balian and refers to him as "the nice prosecutor". DeGuerin chime in, "We'll stipulate to that!" Everyone laughs.

Judge.jpg

More arguing in court between attorneys. Judge Windham sighs VERY LOUDLY.

WOW! While judge & attorneys were at a sidebar, Robert Durst gives his buddy, Douglas Oliver, a fist pump of encouragement.

Some jurors are shaking their heads. Others give kind of a huffing sound at Oliver's responses to Lewin. Jurors frequently look at each other

DeGuerin objects - Why is this witness's credibility in question just because he didn't want to talk to Lewin? I don't want to talk to Lewin.

continued....

Tweets continued - 6/9/21

Playing prior phone conversation between prosecutor John Lewin and witness Douglas Oliver - Oliver tells Lewin to hang up and think about how he's talking to him and call back when he can speak to him like a gentleman.

Phone.jpg

In phone conversation between Oliver and Lewin, Oliver says he'd love for the prosecution to pay for a trip to L.A. for him to testify in court and says he only flies on private planes.

Oliver: "I will not go coach. I won't do it." LOL, he's insisting the prosecution fly him to court on a private plane.

Phone2.jpg

Some jurors have laughed out loud.

MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: Judge takes afternoon break. After jury leaves, witness Douglas Oliver says he wants to talk to his attorney. After he leaves the courtroom the defense moves for a mistrial.

Judge calls Oliver the least cooperative witness he's ever seen.

Judge Windham says in the past he had to order Douglas Oliver to return to court and he's very "Insolent to the court".

Chesnoff moves for a mistrial saying the jury heard Lewin tell Oliver something about you came out here because we were going to put you in handcuffs. Judge: Well, I signed a warrant for his arrest.

Judge2.jpg

Back in session following the afternoon break. Back to the phone call between Lewin and Oliver and back to Oliver not remembering.

Phone3.jpg

On this call Douglas Oliver is refusing to talk to prosecutor John Lewin. Lewin says he'll subpoena him to L.A.

Oliver: you'll never get me on a flight. I will not go. You're gonna have to put me in jail in New York.

Phone4.jpg

- I just realized that this has been going on for hours and I have no idea what Douglas Oliver is being called to testify about.

Lewin: You had a jail visit with Mr. Durst in 2017?
Oliver: Yes
Lewin: You accepted calls from jail from him?
Oliver: I don't recall the dates but yes.

Lewin: You need to speak up Mr. Oliver, you're mumbling.
Oliver: I'm sorry it's hard with this mask on.
Lewin: Well try to speak up, you're being unintelligible. (Note: Oliver said Lewin was unintelligible in the phone call. Little jab there)

Lewin: Did you know Bob and Kathie were in discussions about divorce?
Oliver: I don't recall
Lewin: We you aware that Bob Durst was being violent with Kathie?
Oliver: I have no recollection

After the jury was sent home the judge denied another motion for mistrial by the defense. They say improper for Lewin to ask Oliver about visiting Durst in jail or jail calls. He says it's improper for jury to know the defendant is in custody.

WOW - After the judge tells Lewin he can't ask a specific question of Oliver, Judge Windham remarks, "You have destroyed the credibility of this witness already." (jury not present)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back