GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

I missed it! Gonna have to rewind this

Now all Robbo the Bowsaw has to do is work out if he has enough money to hire hitmen to knock off all the jurors in the next years before he finally karks it. How he will manage this from the high security klink has me baffled. He's got nothing much else to think about- Robbo is into Retribution in a big way. :))

WOWWWWWWW----Finally! I just got home and decided to check, even though in my mind, I was pretty sure they weren't going to come to a decision on such a short day----I didnt Know anything about the foreperson traveling next week...

Glad I checked in---little late to the party but I am opening some sparkling Rose for Kathy and Susan.

12_16_19.jpg

… “Bob Durst has been around a lot of years, and he’s been able to commit a lot of horrific crimes. We just feel really gratified that he’s been held accountable,” Deputy District Attorney John Lewin said.

Lewin met with jurors after the verdict and said they thought prosecutors had proven Durst had killed his wife and had murdered both Berman and his Texas neighbor in an effort to escape justice.

He said jurors did not find Durst credible as a witness.

“He’s a narcissistic psychopath. He killed his wife and then he had to keep killing to cover it up,“ Lewin said.

Lewin said he hoped Durst understands what it’s like to be held accountable — even if it took 40 years. “Considering what he’s done, he got a lot more of a life than he was entitled to,” the prosecutor said…

Durst’s decision to testify in his own defense — hoping for a repeat of his acquittal in the Texas killing — backfired as he was forced to admit lying under oath, made damning admissions and had his credibility destroyed when questioned by the prosecutor...

NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder

I would love to see New York charge him with Kathy's murder. I would further love to see an entire M-Vac sweep of the basement in their original Salem home. Some of Kathy is still there...
I do wish they would do the M-vac and try and find her remains. She deserves to be returned to her family and to Rest.in.Peace.

As for charging him, I am kind of torn about that. At this point in his useless life, I think he kind of enjoys being in the spotlight and coming to court everyday.He liked being on the witness stand and having all of the attention.

I think he would truly hate hate hate just being locked away and forgotten. So I am kind of OK with them doing just that.

During 14 days of testimony that was so punishing Judge Mark Windham called it “devastating,” Durst denied killing his wife and Berman, though he said he would lie if he did.

He was forced to admit for the first time that he had written the note and had been in LA around the time of Berman's death.

Lewin said jurors told him they didn't believe Durst's explanations for the note or the apparent confession during an unguarded moment.

Durst claimed the hot mic didn’t catch his full thought, which he said was: “They’ll all think I killed them all, of course.”

That's exactly what the jury concluded, Lewin said.

:D

Prosecutor: Jurors conclude Durst heir 'killed them all'

Remember Durst's little slip of the tongue about where Kathie was buried? Here is an article about just that, what those slips of the tongues mean:

What Freudian slips really reveal about your mind

Could you please do me a big favour and tell me of the slip of the tongue.
DId it cover the NJ Pine Barrens area as has been suspected or was it some other place ....and how precise was it ? cheers

KG.

Could you please do me a big favour and tell me of the slip of the tongue.
DId it cover the NJ Pine Barrens area as has been suspected or was it some other place ....and how precise was it ? cheers

KG.

I remember this - it wasn’t re location of her body (which is surely in Pine Barrens IMO), but simply that she’s buried at all. It was 2015 jailhouse interview, DA Lewin asked if Durp knew what info they wanted from him. Rather than simply say ‘info on Kathie,’ BD said they’d want to know ‘where Kathie is buried.’

Telling, yeah…. but IMO not as bad as when BD volunteered that the search of the lake by his home was clearly for “body parts” as opposed to for ‘a body’ or even ‘for evidence’

Finally this monstrous thing is found guilty for murder. I will never forget he was acquitted after he murdered and decapitated a man- that about did me in- I will never in a million years understand how a jury could have acquitted him.

Aaaaahhh so nice to finally see a GUILTY tag on the thread title :D
Amen to that. I'm looking forward to hearing from the jurors. Should be VERY interesting. It seems they took 7 1/2 hours to take a couple of votes, gather up the forms, eat a lunch or two, fill out the forms and hand them in. I wonder if it was 12 across the board for guilty on their first vote. I hope so!

I remember this - it wasn’t re location of her body (which is surely in Pine Barrens IMO), but simply that she’s buried at all. It was 2015 jailhouse interview, DA Lewin asked if Durp knew what info they wanted from him. Rather than simply say ‘info on Kathie,’ BD said they’d want to know ‘where Kathie is buried.’

Telling, yeah…. but IMO not as bad as when BD volunteered that the search of the lake by his home was clearly for “body parts” as opposed to for ‘a body’ or even ‘for evidence’

All read , thanks. the business about buried is not that telling. If someone is missing , presumed dead, they quite often are buried, formally or otherwise . I had to look up those barrens not being from the US or even the Nth East. It is impossible territory to search. It is equivalent approx to a 70km x 70 km square of close packed pitch pine and oak with various swamps and few roads and houses. There are rumours that Morris Black and his brother might know where X marks the spot , but now they aren't talking.

It seems that Durst made cell phone calls from that region of the world back in the day (Judge Pirro said something to that effect in an interview ). That's what that location of burial theory is built on. Plus of course the Pine barrens are not far really from NY.

I think even if Durst , now knowing his fate, wanted to give the body of Kathie up he'd never be able to locate it - after forty years and in the state he is in now , there 's little chance unless it were some very obvious marker point. She'll just have to be the second ghost of the Pine Barrens. The first one is discussed in the Wiki article on the area.

KG.

All read , thanks. the business about buried is not that telling. If someone is missing , presumed dead, they quite often are buried, formally or otherwise . I had to look up those barrens not being from the US or even the Nth East. It is impossible territory to search. It is equivalent approx to a 70km x 70 km square of close packed pitch pine and oak with various swamps and few roads and houses. There are rumours that Morris Black and his brother might know where X marks the spot , but now they aren't talking.

It seems that Durst made cell phone calls from that region of the world back in the day (Judge Pirro said something to that effect in an interview ). That's what that location of burial theory is built on. Plus of course the Pine barrens are not far really from NY.

I think even if Durst , now knowing his fate, wanted to give the body of Kathie up he'd never be able to locate it - after forty years and in the state he is in now , there 's little chance unless it were some very obvious marker point. She'll just have to be the second ghost of the Pine Barrens. The first one is discussed in the Wiki article on the area.

KG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back