GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

For the rest of Monday, 9/13 tweets:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
10h
#RobertDurst - Chesnoff shows this pic of a detective standing next to Susan's body with no protective gear, talking about the botched investigation. Plus this pick of shavings on the floor by the door.

Susan.jpg Susan2.jpg

Chesnoff ends his closing saying there is reasonable doubt in this case, "I hope when this is over you'll let Mr. Durst be in a hospital of his choosing to live out whatever time he has left. Thank you very, very much." (he appeared to choke up)

Chesnoff.jpg

Afternoon break then prosecutor John Lewin will have the state's rebuttal closing. We expect that to last well into tomorrow with the jury getting the case tomorrow afternoon (Pacific time)

Durst.jpg

New YouTube link for Lewin's closing:
@LawCrimeNetwork

"It is so hard!" John Lewin says about having to just sit quiet during defense closing argument.

Lewin.jpg

Lewin: "It's bad enough that that man had to kill. He's had to kill her and kill her and demean her and dehumanize her."

Picture.jpg

That's it for today. Lewin will continue his rebuttal closing in the morning at 9am PT/12pm ET.

Earlier: Lewin shows the jury this graph "All Roads Lead to Guilty" and walks them through each moment that led to this.

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Tuesday, Sept. 14th:
*Trial continues (Day 58)-Closing arguments! (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Was serving a 7 year federal prison term for illegal possession of a revolver at the time of his New Orleans’ arrest.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21) Now 10 alternates. (1 juror (#3) excused for medical reasons on 7/8/21). Now 9 alternates. Another juror excused (8/19/21) due to scheduling. Now 8 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays.
State rested their case on Tuesday (8/3/21). Defense has 2, possibly 3 witnesses (one is the defendant) & thinks 2 weeks for their case & will begin their case on 8/3/21 afternoon. Judge Windham denies the defense motion for mistrial based on their client's health & inability to testify on 8/2/21. Judge denies defense motion for judgment of acquittal.
Upcoming schedule: Thursday, 8/26 ending 4pm, Tuesday, 8/31 ending 2:45pm, Thurs. 9/2-DARK, 9/6-DARK/Labor Day, Tues, 9/7-DARK/ Jewish Holiday & Thurs, 9/16 (if still going) DARK/Yom Kippur. Closing arguments begin 9/8 & half of 9/9. Defense closing late 9/9/21 & back on 9/13/21 with defense concluding their closing & jury should have case on 9/14/21.
Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-56 (5/18/21 thru 9/9/21) reference post #705 here:
https://www.webs+sleuths.com/forums...los-angeles-23-dec-2000-arrest.324950/page-36

9/13/21 Monday, Trial Day 57: Defense attorney David Chesnoff gave his portion of closing arguments. Prosecutor John Lewin started his rebuttal closing. Trial continues on 9/14/21 with Lewin’s rebuttal closing.

Hubby has been slightly annoyed that I have been watching Durst's trial all day , with it being such a long defendant testimony and cross---and he didn't even know who Durst was really. He is not a true crime kind of a guy at all.

So tonight I got him to watch 'All Good Things' with me tonight. And now he is fascinated by the trial. lol...But I had to explain that the movie had some Hollywood touches that were not true.
Well @katydid23 ...I've a feeling you will be introducing him "The Jinx" miniseries. It is a good watch.

The youtube live stream just terminated while I was watching- it was made private! Anyone else have the same problem?

ETA - I've just found a new stream and people in chat are saying the same thing. It could be they took it down because camera person filmed the jury in the first few minutes so they need to edit it out.

The youtube live stream just terminated while I was watching- it was made private! Anyone else have the same problem?

ETA - I've just found a new stream and people in chat are saying the same thing. It could be they took it down because camera person filmed the jury in the first few minutes so they need to edit it out.

Yes, same thing happened to me! Don't know what that was all about

I hope so.

But I am worried. I think Chesnoff might have created some reasonable doubt. I hope not but it does concern me.
I'm not worried at all. Even if it goes to tomorrow I will think they just needed to decompress after a pretty intense rebuttal. I'm sure I can still hear Lewin, my head is still spinning from the noise he makes. :D

I haven't watched it all yet. Been busy doing errands etc, will watch it tonight. Hopefully it will make me more confident. :)

Tweets for Tues., Sept. 14th:

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
15h
#RobertDurst - John Lewin will continue his rebuttal closing argument soon.

Lewin with an "O.J." funny: holds up the 3D mask, "I was going to try this on but I remember a case we handled that involved some evidence that someone where someone tried on...it didn't go so well."

Court is in their morning recess. Here's the new YouTube link when they return:
@LawCrimeNetwork

Lewin concludes his closing argument, points to Durst, "Do not let this narcissistic psychopath get away with what he has done."

Judge Windham now giving final jury instructions before jurors retire to deliberate.

Judge.jpg

After nearly 4 months, the jury is FINALLY deliberating the case of CA v. #RobertDurst.

To receive a notification when a verdict has been reached follow Verdict @LawCrimeVerdict
, click the "bell" Icon to receive an alert. ONLY verdict announcements are tweeted from that account, NOT the actual outcome.

The jury did not deliberate through the regular lunch break. They are NOW deliberating....about 10 mins ago.

This is L.A. court doesn’t go past 4:30 even during deliberations

The jury got back a little bit ago from a break. Still deliberating.

NOW: Jury has gone home for the day. They deliberated approx. 3 hours today and will return tomorrow.

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Wed., Sept. 15th:
*Trial continues (Day 59)-VERDICT WATCH! (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Was serving a 7 year federal prison term for illegal possession of a revolver at the time of his New Orleans’ arrest.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21) Now 10 alternates. (1 juror (#3) excused for medical reasons on 7/8/21). Now 9 alternates. Another juror excused (8/19/21) due to scheduling. Now 8 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays.
State rested their case on Tuesday (8/3/21). Defense has 2, possibly 3 witnesses (one is the defendant) & thinks 2 weeks for their case & will begin their case on 8/3/21 afternoon. Judge Windham denies the defense motion for mistrial based on their client's health & inability to testify on 8/2/21. Judge denies defense motion for judgment of acquittal.
Upcoming schedule: DARK on Thursday, 9/16 (if still going) for Yom Kippur. Jury should have case on 9/14/21.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-57 (5/18/21 thru 9/13/21) reference post #705 here:
https://www.webs+sleuths.com/forums...los-angeles-23-dec-2000-arrest.324950/page-36

9/14/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 58: Prosecutor John Lewin finished his rebuttal closing arguments. Judge Windham gave final jury instructions. Jury off to deliberate. Jurors deliberated for about 3 hours & will return tomorrow, 9/15/21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back