CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - part of the family. Thank you for the good thoughts.

I hope she is found safe and sound. Me and many of my friends who shop in this shopping center are really freaked out about this. I really hope you hear good news soon.

All this is public info for the most part - though it is meant to clarify some things and answer some questions in the thread. Susan's husband left to go workout at 6am. He returned around 7:30 and she had left already to the grocery store and possibly other errands. She likely left closer to 7. Raley's is 2 miles from their house. She is an "early-riser" so going at this early is not out of the ordinary. Her car was found in the Raley's parking lot - it was found unlocked, which is VERY out of the ordinary for her. Her wallet was found missing cash and credit cards on the street-side near the Starbucks on the corner - so it seems likely that someone may have tossed it out the window when leaving the shopping center (guess)? She doesn't drink coffee - and doesn't normally go to Starbucks (which is in the same shopping center as Raley's). All these are very suspicious things because Susan is a very organized and careful person and would never leave her wallet, or her car unlocked, etc. I do not believe they have been able to place Susan inside Raley's, so it may have happened when she first arrived in the shopping center. This would likely place timing around 7:30 (but could have been anywhere from 6:45 - close to 8). Her wallet was turned in at Starbucks by a jogger at around 8am.

The reference to RC Willy's was an error - the only relation there is that her husband works for them, and they have been very supportive, including a large portion of their employees turning out for the search over the weekend.

Her car didn't "show up" Wednesday night, but that is when she was reported missing and the police found the car. It had likely been there all day, since whatever incident occurred on Wednesday morning.

She wasn't full on grocery shopping - just picking up some bread and little stuff - so sitting in the car while she ran her other errands wouldn't have been a big deal. I think she was going to Raley's, then on to Target, which didn't open until 8.

There are some cameras at intersections and one right outside Raley's front door. I'm hopefully they can show something, but I don't know of anything yet.

Thanks for your interest.

Kjac...:welcome:

Thank you for this information!

are you a local?

:seeya:

I am so sorry you are going thought this ordeal with your missing family member... :hug:

I so hope we can help you find Susan.... And provide support at the same time...

:praying:

So glad to see this in the Missing forum. I meant to post it earlier this week and got sidetracked following the case of the 3 young women found in Ohio. I hope Susan is found also!

This is pretty local for me. I've been in that Raley's a few times. I don't go out that direction too often but I'm only about 20-30 minutes away, and will most definitely be keeping an eye out for her. I've got friends and relatives out there too so I'll share it on Facebook.

Thank you for this link, Mikkismom!

I am confused...

the above article reports that Susan's car was found in the R. C. Riley parking lot...

But I thought it was in the Raley's grocery store parking lot, instead...

Is this an error in reporting... Or is there an R. C. Riley (home furnishings) store in that shopping "mall", as well?

TIA....:seeya:

Seriously botched up reporting there. I can't believe they haven't fixed the article yet. It was the Raley's parking lot. I've never even heard of R.C. Riley and I think they misspelled it in another article as R.C. Wiley, which is still wrong. I am assuming they meant RC Willey (this is how the company spells it, personally I want to put punctuation but this matches how it shows up on the building's sign). RC Willey is not in the same lot as that Raley's.

ETA: I see someone cleared up that her husband works for RC Willey, so that's probably where the mixup came from but I wish news10 would fix it! Someone already commented on the article about the error.

Hugs Kjac, this must be such a hard and scary time.

I've got quite a few friends and relatives as well as husband's coworkers out in Roseville, so I'm sharing it on Facebook. I know it's not much but I hope it might help lead to something, especially if they all start sharing it.

And of course, I will be keeping an eye out for her too. I hope she's found soon.

Sounds like she's pretty tiny compared to an average person, so I hope that helps her to stand out and be noticed/recognized by someone if she's seen out anywhere.

Praying for Susan! This is a scary situation! i hope we get more info soon. shopping centers can be so empty at that time of morning... i'm an early riser too, so i do my grocery shopping and other errands before a lot of people even wake up!

just curious, did Susan work?

http://www.kcra.com/news/husband-of...lay/-/11797728/20058240/-/lwa9oa/-/index.html

The husband of a missing Roseville woman said Tuesday he suspects foul play in her disappearance.

Wednesday morning marks one week since 59-year-old Susan Jacobson, of Roseville, disappeared.

Investigators with the Roseville Police Department said in that time, not a single lead has turned up clues about what might have happened.

Wiping a tear from his cheek, Chris Jacobson spoke with KCRA 3 about his wife of 35 years, who mysteriously vanished.

"The thoughts have not been real good," Jacobson said. "I think there has been something of foul play potentially, and I think that's what most people think -- because it has been almost a week now."

Susan is a woman who lives by her routine, he said.

more at link

Praying for Susan! This is a scary situation! i hope we get more info soon. shopping centers can be so empty at that time of morning... i'm an early riser too, so i do my grocery shopping and other errands before a lot of people even wake up!

just curious, did Susan work?

Susan was more or less retired and hasn't worked for a few years now.

Thank you to all for continued interest and support.

No news other than what's been up here already. Though it doesn't sound like there has been anything substantial seen on surveillance, the police did mention there were some people they would like to talk to (from things I guess they saw on the surveillance). There is a camera right outside Raley's that might see some of the parking lot (hard to tell what direction it faces - probably at the front door but could potentially pan to parking lot) - so I'm hopeful that might have caught something. Otherwise, there is just not anything really go to on. From what I gather whatever happened occurred before she stepped foot into Raley's, because I don't think she's been seen inside the store (and there are a ton of cameras in there). Just a giant mystery at this point - doesn't make a ton of sense.

This disappearance was on Bay Area television news within a day of Susan being reported missing. My brother and his family live very close to that shopping center, and they are keeping their eyes open, too, and of course will participate in any searches for Susan.

It just seems so random, but the I-80 corridor going east makes me think the abductor is far away. Sure hope not.

i wonder if someone could have been there with their car and asked her if they could help her jumpstart their car? and then took her? then maybe her wallet was tossed out a window as they left the parking lot?

Crazy idea of mine...

but isn't Folsom Prison fairly close?

Has there been a recent con escape from that prison?

I am just throwing something out... Since there are no new leads at the time...

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member