CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #3

I just read about the human remains being found near Lake Clementine in the Auburn Journal. Used to live in Auburn. Was thinking a "homeless" person, but yes, it could be Susan! I bookmarked the thread you provided Gardener! Thanks!

We know those remains weren't Susan's now. Susan is still out there somewhere. I hope one day she can be found and come home.

This case saddens me. I just don't feel like enough was done, not enough efforts made to locate her. It's obvious she didn't disappear willingly. It just seems like no one cares where she is or if she ever comes home but us.

This is so frustrating.

I’ve been thinking of Susan lately because of hearing Roseville in the news due to EAR/ONS.

I was thinking the same thing Dixie! I'm wondering if Susan is one of his victims....

I cannot believe it has been FIVE YEARS already. I also cannot believe the lack of urgency that did and continues to surround this case. Ugh

I’ve come to believe that some families have a tenacious “gene” and some don’t. It’s almost five years for my signature case, and from the beginning family involvement has been perfunctory and only at the occasional request of local reporters. People grieve in different ways. I get that. And I’m sure family dynamics comes into play. But I just hate to see such apathy and/or inability to make some effort to publicize the disappearance of a loved one.
JMO

I was thinking the same thing Dixie! I'm wondering if Susan is one of his victims....

On the one hand it’s doubtful because obviously whatever happened to Susan doesn’t fit his known MO of the past. Plus, I generally subscribe to KISS.

On the other hand I have a hard time believing he just completely stopped attacking women after the crimes fitting his known MO ended. Entering women’s homes and spending time there was very risky for him in regards to potentially getting caught. Could he have reigned in his urges a bit but still attacked occasionally?

These are more just general thoughts about EAR/ONS, but regarding Susan specifically, EAR/ONS is pretty old now but this was 5 years ago and Susan was very tiny.

Just makes ya go hmmm...

I still think about Susan so often and I too immediately thought about her with the arrest of the GSK. This is in the same area, within a few miles.

It does seem unlikely on one hand, and yet if he changed things about his approach to avoid getting caught but continued his crimes in some form it does seem possible.

I still think about Susan so often and I too immediately thought about her with the arrest of the GSK. This is in the same area, within a few miles.

It does seem unlikely on one hand, and yet if he changed things about his approach to avoid getting caught but continued his crimes in some form it does seem possible.

The shopping center from which she disappeared between 7:00-8:00 am has tons of people at that hour due to the supermarket and especially the Starbucks there. It’s also across the street from the high school which starts at 7:45 am so kids and parents are at that Starbucks before and after and walking through the parking lot to get to school. The two streets that intersect the shopping center are full of traffic at that hour with people going to work, dropping kids off at schools nearby, high schoolers driving themselves, etc. I highly doubt she was snatched from the shopping center. Someone would have seen it happen.

I say all this because I go there every morning around the same time to get coffee and groceries before going to work. I just can’t imagine it happened there. Too many people and cars coming and going to not see her being abducted. Sorry for repeating myself but the more time that passes the more it doesn’t make any sense to me.

The shopping center from which she disappeared between 7:00-8:00 am has tons of people at that hour due to the supermarket and especially the Starbucks there. It’s also across the street from the high school which starts at 7:45 am so kids and parents are at that Starbucks before and after and walking through the parking lot to get to school. The two streets that intersect the shopping center are full of traffic at that hour with people going to work, dropping kids off at schools nearby, high schoolers driving themselves, etc. I highly doubt she was snatched from the shopping center. Someone would have seen it happen.

I say all this because I go there every morning around the same time to get coffee and groceries before going to work. I just can’t imagine it happened there. Too many people and cars coming and going to not see her being abducted. Sorry for repeating myself but the more time that passes the more it doesn’t make any sense to me.
So you are thinking she was abduct d elsewhere and her car was just dumped in that parking lot.

I've wondered about that a lot, once her car was found there, where it was found and when. The only problem I had that said she was there was that dogs tracked her for a bit towards Starbucks and across the street, IIRC.

But I suppose she could have never made ia out of her home on her own and someone came in that morning and took her from her home.

You are correct Seajay about the dogs tracking her across the street. But ended there. And I do believe they searched that area.

I'm surprised her family hasn't done anything to bring this to the public's attention, unless I missed it. I did move from that area about a year & half ago.

So you are thinking she was abduct d elsewhere and her car was just dumped in that parking lot.

I've wondered about that a lot, once her car was found there, where it was found and when. The only problem I had that said she was there was that dogs tracked her for a bit towards Starbucks and across the street, IIRC.

But I suppose she could have never made ia out of her home on her own and someone came in that morning and took her from her home.
I’m not sure what I believe at this point. I do find it disturbing that there has never been an urgency to find her or even any sort of yearly remembrances where they get the word out that she is still missing. I never saw a missing flyer. Not back then and not now. Maybe they know something we don’t. Maybe she left to start a new life. Ugh. It doesn’t make sense. Why isn’t her family proactively looking for her? :(

I agree with you Suglo. Wondering why her family isn't out there doing "something". Maybe there is a "back" story, but at least wouldn't they tell the public she is safe, if she is??
dont-no-smiley.gif

@Jerrod - can you post a little of what the article says - EU new laws won't let me read it....
gaah-smiley.gif

here's a little bit, trying to stay within rules: (basically just a recap again, nothing new jumps out at me)

Police wish they had much more to talk about when it comes to the case. As opposed to other disappearances in which clues trickle in over months, the last of what's known about Susan comes from the day she disappeared on May 1, 2013.

She left home around an hour after her husband's departure for the gym. The 59-year-old seems to have parked in the middle of the Raley's lot, far from store doors and the reach of surveillance cameras.

An hour later, a jogger found her empty wallet on the sidewalk on the part of the lot closest to Mathany Park and turned it into Starbucks, right at the corner of Woodcreek Oaks and Pleasant Grove boulevards.

Later in the day, her dark blue Honda Civic was found unlocked in the Raley's lot with her purse inside. Her keys were missing.

"[She] apparently had a sweatshirt and a hood on and maybe somebody mistook her for a high school kid or something like that. She was really small," Hunter said.

When she vanished Jacobson stood at just 4 feet 11 inches tall and weighed 90 pounds.

@Jerrod - can you post a little of what the article says - EU new laws won't let me read it....
gaah-smiley.gif

"We were all shocked in the neighborhood, being that close and as you know crime here in Sun City is next to nil," said Jacobson's friend Bill Hunter.

Hunter got close with Jacobson and her husband of 35 years, Chris, while sharing the same block in the Sun City community.

"Just quiet. She was kinda funny too but, yeah, she was just really nice," Hunter said.

With year after year deepening the mystery into where Susan went, remembering is hard.

"I see Chris almost every day," Hunter said. "We really don't talk about it."

"The break could come tomorrow. I mean, we certainly hope so," said DeeDee Gunther with the Roseville Police Department. "We have never forgotten about Susan. She is always in the back of our minds and any time we hear of anything that might possibly be connected to her we check it out but so far we don't have any new information."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back