CA - Suzanne Bombardier, 14, abducted & murdered, Antioch, 22 June 1980 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by sandy betts, Aug 14, 2013.

1. sandy betts

sandy betts New Member

I found some information on a Suzanne A. Bomardier. She was 14 at the time of her kidnapping. She was babysitting at her sisters apt.in Antioch Ca., the childrens ages were 5 and 6. She had made a phone call to a friend at 1:30am that Sunday 6-22-80. Everything seemed to be ok at that time,shortly after that call she disappeared ,her death is listed as 6-27-1980. She was an honor student at Antioch High School. Her body was found nude in the San Joaquin River on Friday the June 27th, so my guess is that she was killed sometime between the 6-22 the 27th ? Her overnight bag and shoes were still at the apt. No sign of a break in. If anyone has information on this cold case , please contact Antioch Pd. I have not found any new news about this case, but would like to learn more about it. It is very much like the Elaine Davis case in Walnut Creek, less than 20 miles from Antioch. Her body was found in Water near Santa Cruz Ca. also unsolved.

2. tk71texas

tk71texas wth is wrong with people today

3. wannabeasupersleuth

wannabeasupersleuth Member

This is my hometown, and was still quite small back then. Everyone knew each other. I'll have to pick the brains of family members to see what they remember.

4. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

relay likes this.
  5. wannabeasupersleuth

wannabeasupersleuth Member

http://antiochherald.com/2015/06/p16714/

Former Antioch police officers want to work on the cold case of Suzanne Bombardier, who was 14 when she was murdered on June 22, 1980, after being kidnapped, raped and stabbed through the heart. Her body was later discovered after being dumped in the river.

Greg Glod, a former Antioch Police Detective, who spent 26 years with the Secret Service and is now the Deputy Director for Threat Analysis of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., is spearheading the effort. Joining him are retired Antioch Police Sgt. Larry Hopwood and Detective Ron Rackley (more at link).

6. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

"A search for justice, 35 years after Antioch teen’s slaying"

http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/A-search-for-justice-35-years-after-Antioch-6342900.php

7. Steph54

Steph54 Member

A new thread for Elaine Davis was started in Cold Cases: CA - Elaine Louise Davis, 17, Walnut Creek, 1 December 1969.

8. bizaleth

bizaleth Active Member

GarAndTeed likes this.
  9. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

God rest her soul.

Let justice be finally done!

grave.jpg

10. Mountain Mama

Mountain Mama Active Member

Thank goodness for the detective work that finally put Suzanne's killer behind bars. The articles that are being published since the verdict really fill in some answers as to how he was affiliated with Suzanne and what may have transpired on the night she disappeared. MB is a monster, he has quite a rap sheet too. Makes me wonder what else is he responsible for. He was active during the time of the Zodiac.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitchell-bacom-arrested-murder-kidnap-rape-suzanne-bombardier-antioch/

GarAndTeed and Niner like this.
  11. miamaia

miamaia Pittie Chick

I’m not seeing how he was associated with her.. could someone elaborate?

So sad.. only 14;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

April 15 2018

Attached Files:

GarAndTeed and Niner like this.
  13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5300663/Man-linked-killing-DNA-cleared-polygraph.html

14. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

15. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Just found this thread & would like to know if anyone can get into this court site:
    www.cc-courts.org

I have access denied. I see from a Feb., 2018 article that he was arraigned then. Since it's California I'm thinking he has not been tried yet. The only articles that come up is the one in Feb., & the rest are from Dec. 2017.

TIA!

dotr likes this.
  16. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

This man has caused nothing but carnage all his life. I hope he gets the death penalty, and soon. Keep his dna on file, because he's probably been busy all these years.

17. Niner

Bumping up for Suzanne!

Can anyone access Contra Costa court site?

TIA! :)

18. Niner

Bumping up again for Suzanne!

Anyone?? :) TIA!

GarAndTeed likes this.
  19. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

So weird, I can get in but no records found. It asks what year was it filed and Ive tried every year including "1999 and before". Mitchell Bacom?

GarAndTeed likes this.
  20. Niner

Yes, his name is Mitchell Lynn Bacom & he is 63, 37 at time of crime. I have in my notes that San Mateo County Sheriff's forensic lab ran the DNA profile. But have Contra Costa as the county where he is. He was arrested on 12/11/17 & arraigned on 2/8/18. That's all I have! :)