GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

Hi. I'm new and I immediately searched for this case because I am a local and participated in the search and rescue effort which we now know was to no avail.

I did want to share something "new" because I saw people ask if they had searched the property and how, if they did, did they miss Juju's body. Well.. they did. And when Skylor was convicted, Shawna (the mom) was interviewed by our local news agency. Here is what she said:

"Asked whether she believes Skylor committed the murder and if so whether he acted alone, Smith said she is not allowed to comment because the investigation is ongoing. She did, however, say she believes the boy's body was moved to her back yard some time after the initial search of that area by police, bloodhounds and family members.

If Terry's body was not in that back yard during the initial search, where was he during the three days before he was discovered buried under a pepper tree, just yards from his family's back door?

"That's the million dollar question," Smith said. "We all searched there. The police searched. They had bloodhounds and cadaver dogs right there. I believe he was not there initially.""

http://www.menifee247.com/2014/07/terry-smiths-mother-ive-learned-to-cope-with-the-pain.html

I personally do not believe Skylor acted alone, but he admitted to it so we, as a community, have to accept it.

I read somewhere last night (sorry, can't remember where...) that the smell was first presumed by searchers to be coming from porta-potties set up for the search crews. However, later the smell became more apparent and I think it was said that the smell of "death" was quickly distinguishable from any smell that could come from a porta-potty...

I'm sorry, I know it is a year later, but I was part of the search/rescue effort and I feel so unsatisfied with the outcome of this case and everything that happened, a lot of which I probably am not allowed to say on here.

But, I will say, that the night his grave was found we smelled something and we sniffed around and decided it was the fly traps, which often smell like rotting meat. I am convinced that this is what we smelled, because I smelled them myself. That body was not there during those 3 days, there is no way it could have been. Arrrrgh. :(

I'm sorry, I know it is a year later, but I was part of the search/rescue effort and I feel so unsatisfied with the outcome of this case and everything that happened, a lot of which I probably am not allowed to say on here.

But, I will say, that the night his grave was found we smelled something and we sniffed around and decided it was the fly traps, which often smell like rotting meat. I am convinced that this is what we smelled, because I smelled them myself. That body was not there during those 3 days, there is no way it could have been. Arrrrgh. :(

:tyou:Thank you for being a part of the search and rescue effort for Terry. Your dedication is appreciated. :grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back