GUILTY CA - Tracy Betts for child endangerment, Temecula, 2012

Perfectly stated. Nothing more needs to be said about this case.

You are right but I will add to that. If the child has special needs or emotional problems as some are suggesting, then that's even more reason not to leave the child alone and naked in a car, even for a few hours. She's 12! If she has problems, she is even more vulnerable. Don't know about free respite care? Then sell the BMW, buy a used Toyota and use the profit for emergency care of the child. Wow.

You are right but I will add to that. If the child has special needs or emotional problems as some are suggesting, then that's even more reason not to leave the child alone and naked in a car, even for a few hours. She's 12! If she has problems, she is even more vulnerable. Don't know about free respite care? Then sell the BMW, buy a used Toyota and use the profit for emergency care of the child. Wow.

I think it's an assumption that the BMW was expensive.
My daughters friend has a BMW that is an ancient death trap that he got for next to nothing.

Ima go ahead and say it: this is not simply a working foster mom with limited resources and a troubled child. This is a sick woman and a case of CHILD ABUSE and I fear we shall uncover much more this girl suffered at her foster mom's talons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's an assumption that the BMW was expensive.
My daughters friend has a BMW that is an ancient death trap that he got for next to nothing.

I've tried to find pictures of the BMW... to see how expensive it would be, I can't find any.
You are correct. I can go out a find a BMW easily for under $1000. Granted, I have connections in the BMW club, but still.
Unless the car is brand new (which it might be) I don't think it's safe to assume it is expensive.

July 2013:

Tracy Lynn Betts, 42, of Murrieta, pleaded guilty July 8 to disturbing the peace as part of an agreement with prosecutors and the child endangerment charge was dismissed.
Betts was sentenced to 10 days in a work release program, four years’ probation and 120 days of community service. She also has completed a 32-week parenting class, said John Hall, a spokesman for the Riverside County district attorney’s office.
The girl, whom Betts and her husband adopted years ago, was removed from the couple’s custody for several months after her mother’s arrest. Hall said the girl has returned home...

According to an investigator’s statement in support of an arrest warrant, Betts told deputies she had been unable to obtain child care for the girl, who was a compulsive food hoarder and difficult to care for.

Sheriff’s officials have said that, other than the girl having been left in the car, there was no evidence she had been mistreated.

http://m.pe.com/articles/betts-676639-girl-car.html

Investigators said Betts removed her daughter's clothing to prevent her from leaving the car while she was at work.

She did this, they alleged, because on a previous day ---- when the girl was also left inside the car while her mother worked ---- the child had left the vehicle to search in trash cans for food.

Betts' defense attorney, Miles Clark, said in an interview after the arraignment that on the day police were called, the girl was wearing a bralike top and underwear when her mother left the car for her job.

"She was not left naked," Clark said. "She took her clothes off."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ula-mom-accused-of-leaving-daughter-naked-in/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back