Found Deceased CA - Trinity Backus, 16, 10:30pm left a residence, barefoot, robe & PJ pants, Nevada City, 9 Nov 2022

Sadly, it appears that drugs have taken the life of another young person with everything to live for. This interview with Trinity's aunt goes into detail about what happened.

Just awful. But teenagers truly don't understand some risks. My heart goes out to her family, and I have empathy for her friend.
Are police pursuing the manufacturer/ dealer? IMO hopefully that person or people will be stopped from selling the drug(s) again and charged.

Oh dear God. I wonder if this was what is sometimes referred to as "synthetic" acid. Several years ago, I received a call early in the morning from my daughter who was about 20 at the time and living in an apartment with her boyfriend. She tearfully was saying "I need you Mama" and then hung up and I could not get her to answer when I called back. So of course I rushed to the apartement - she was in a terrible state. Sweating profusely, throwing up, hallucinating, had taken a handful of her Prozac which she told me later was her thinking it would be better to die than to keep on feeling the way she was. I finally got the boyfriend to tell me what they had done. I forget the term he used (some combination of a couple of letters and a number) but I googled it and synthetic acid came up. I contacted my nurse friend who told me to get her to the ER immediately. That in itself was almost impossible as she was so combative. When I got her to the ER and explained what she had ingested, THEY had to look it up because they had never heard of it, and didn't even really know what to do. In addition, because of the amount of Prozac she had taken, she was having a serotonin crisis. They basically monitored her heart, gave her fluids and observed her for the rest of the day. The nurses and doctor told her how lucky she was and that she could have died.

What's so crazy is my daughter, her boyfriend and another couple had dropped this acid (the tabs that are put on your tongue and dissolve) the night before. My daughter is the only one who had this reaction. It's been explained to me that the way these "synthetic" drugs are made, one tab may have a much higher concentration of whatever the ingredients are than another. So while one person may not be affected in a severe way, another could end up like my daughter or worse. Needless to say, this was a terrifying experience.

I am so very sorry that this happened to this young girl. They just don't understand they are playing with fire. The first time could always be the last.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back