CA CA - Unsolved Santa Clara Murders new suspect?

Jorja

Reaction score
I posted under Arlis Perry as well. An NBC article/video talks about the police reviewing possible cold cases in Santa Clara involving murders that fit the MO in the Arlis Perry case after the DNA link to suspect Stephen Crawford in the 1974 Arlis Perry murder.

Stephen Crawford - as noted on the Unresolved Podcast - was a former police officer forced out then found a job as a Security Guard at Stanford. He was also suspected? in a number of on campus thefts. He also served time in jail?

While the theories about the Arlis Perry case ranged from Satanists to the Son of Sam, the resolution was the most obvious. Stephen Crawford was the Security Guard in charge of locking the chapel the night Arlis Perry was last seen going there to pray and he reported finding the body the next morning - after discovering a "smashed door lock" that had occurred from inside the chapel.

I can't believe the person who brutally murdered Arlis Perry and staged her - this would have been their first time.

Like the EAS/GSK - having a background as an officer, this might have played a part in his ability to go undetected in other crimes?

Since Stephen Crawford committed suicide upon being served a warrant by police, he can't answer any more questions.

I hope his possible suicide note? leads the investigators to breaks in any other unsolved cases.

Unsolved Murders Fit Profile of Stanford Cold Case Suspect

The murder of Arlis Perry, age 19, in Stanford's chapel (see Cold Cases in Websleuths) seems to have been more a crime of opportunity than a case of long term planning or of knowing the victim previously.

The savage nature of the violent attack would indicate that the killer had previous experience in killing.

Could Crawford be a potential suspect in the Santa Rosa hitch hiker murders?

LINK:

CA - CA - Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders, 7 girls/young women, 1972-1973

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500