CA - Violent sexual predator to be released into Orange County, CA, 11-17-2010

Investigators from the Orange County District Attorney's Office followed Brown from the prison, quickly determining that he had violated a condition of his parole barring him from being alone in a vehicle with a female, Rackauckas said. Brown was reportedly riding in a vehicle with Ruby Huggler, a Tustin woman he had stayed with during a brief parole in April.

The investigators followed him from the prison - in a car w/ a woman.

Why is this the P.O.'s fault?

Surely Brown knew:
A) the conditions of his parole
B) that he was getting out & needed a ride

Sounds more like poor planning on Brown's part - at least from what's in the article...JMHO.

I am not saying that the PO is more at fault than Brown. But surely they both know the conditions of Brown's parole that he can't be alone in a car with a woman. And the PO is talking on the phone with Ms. Huggler, giving her directions. Say what?1?!

I just read this from today's Orange County Register. This was a quote from the woman driving Brown:

respectfully snipped --

Ok she was talking to his parole officer?!?! His parole officer is talking to her on the phone knowing that it is a violation of his parole to be in a car with a woman??? So the parole officer is assisting him in violating his parole?? That's what it sounds like to me!!

I think what's worse is Unbeknownst to local law enforcement, Brown was paroled from April 27 to May 6, becoming a transient and being rearrested after failing to charge his sex offender GPS device.

The entire system is screwed up. Not only was LE notified of his release, nor was the public. Now that's a problem!

I am not saying that the PO is more at fault than Brown. But surely they both know the conditions of Brown's parole that he can't be alone in a car with a woman. And the PO is talking on the phone with Ms. Huggler, giving her directions. Say what?1?!

I'd like to get more deets. If one calls the parole office, the parole officer doesn't pick up the phone. The receptionist/secretary does (IMHO). How would the front office know what the parolee's conditions are.

Can U imagine a parole officer picking the phone up all day to hand out directions? I don't.

Just my opinion.

Mel

I'd like to get more deets. If one calls the parole office, the parole officer doesn't pick up the phone. The receptionist/secretary does (IMHO). How would the front office know what the parolee's conditions are.

Can U imagine a parole officer picking the phone up all day to hand out directions? I don't.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Ummmmmmmm, nope. Any chance Ruby was not being totally truthful?:waitasec: Oh wait she's a rule follower.

Ummmmmmmm, nope. Any chance Ruby was not being totally truthful?:waitasec: Oh wait she's a rule follower.

Yah, and the dude is innocent too -- well at least that's what Ruby said. I know there are women who follow these creeps, but this is beyond my ick factor. Heck, he knew the rules and should have caught a bus.

Then again, I'm glad he didn't or he wouldn't be back in jail.

:woohoo:

Mel

So relieved he is back behind bars! I have a little girl and he would have been staying almost in my backyard. And by "backyard", I mean that the houses behind mine are on his street!

He could not have stayed there in the day though since the home is right across from Red Hill Lutheran which has a K-8 school.

I didn't realize what a serious predator was being released until I saw all of the news vans on the corner and looked up his crimes. Truly a monster.

(He even had his DNA tested again by the Innocence Project which only confirmed his guilt... and he still denies it.)

Update: O.C. D.A. Tony Rackauckas said the arrest would buy enough time to have Brown designated as a "sexually violent predator," a move that would likely involve a jury's approval if he's to be released again.

This is great news, as the details emerge, I don't think there's a rats-patooey that any jury will be letting this guy out.

more here: http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/11/oc_child_rapist_arrest_prison.php

The media, and all of us, did an outstanding job!

Hugs,

Mel

Ahhhhh what a sick man. My stomach turns just thinking of what he did to those dear girls!

So relieved he is back behind bars! I have a little girl and he would have been staying almost in my backyard. And by "backyard", I mean that the houses behind mine are on his street!

He could not have stayed there in the day though since the home is right across from Red Hill Lutheran which has a K-8 school.

I didn't realize what a serious predator was being released until I saw all of the news vans on the corner and looked up his crimes. Truly a monster.

(He even had his DNA tested again by the Innocence Project which only confirmed his guilt... and he still denies it.)

And color me crazy, but when you go in front of a parole board you must be acountable for your crimes and show remorse? This is one reason Betty Broderick was denied parole (not to mention Charles Manson). So let's assume this predator went before the board and denied everything, and he was still let out. That paints a pretty distrubing picture.

Mel

Notice - Facebook Page and possible future rallies:

This page was created as an outlet to voice community outrage over the release of violent child rapist, Lawrence Joseph Brown. Our hope is to organize our outrage into a cohesive movement to end unnecessary suffering inflicted by repeat sexual offenders and to place increasing pressure on the judicial system to increase the severity of punishments handed to repeat offenders. We are planning to organize a rally which will take place in Orange County in the near future. Please voice your support, ask friends to join the page, share posts, and take a stand against the continuous negligent release of sexually violent criminals and total disregard for public safety.

Please stay alert to upcoming announcements about future rallies.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124919400901515

Mel

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...rs-seek-to-commit-convicted-child-rapist.html

January 18, 2011 | 6:42 pm

Orange County prosecutors filed a petition Tuesday to have a convicted child rapist committed to a mental hospital to prevent further attacks.

Lawrence Brown, 52, is currently in custody in Chino State Prison for violating parole. He was arrested last year -- less than an hour after he was released from prison after serving 25 years for kidnapping and sexually assaulting two young girls, the Orange County district attorney's office said.

"Brown, a real life boogie man, [is] every parent's nightmare," Dist. Atty. Tony Rackauckas said in a statement.

Brown is scheduled to appear Friday in Superior Court in Santa Ana for a hearing on the petition.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back