Found Deceased CA - Wayne Habell, 43, Newhall, 13 Aug 2018

Bubble1421

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Authorities asked for the public's help Thursday in locating a Los Angeles County fire captain from Newhall who has been missing since Monday.

Wayne Stuart Habell, 43, was last seen leaving his home in Newhall at 7:30 a.m. Monday, according to Deputy Trina Schrader with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Habell is 6 feet tall and weighs 225 pounds. He has green eyes and short brown-and-blond hair, Schrader said.

Habell was last seen wearing a blue shirt and plaid shorts, Schrader said. He drives a 2008 black Chrysler Aspen SUV that has a county fire department sticker on the back window. The California license plate number is 6KMB757.

Habell is assigned to Fire Station 73 in Newhall.

Capt. Adam Clint of Los Angeles County Fire Station 108 in the Santa Clarita Valley, who previously worked with Habell, told the Santa Clarita Valley Signal that Habell's wife said her husband suffered from depression.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call the sheriff's Missing Persons Unit at (323) 890-5500.

n6qfb9.png

Missing: Los Angeles County Fire Captain From Newhall

https://signalscv.com/2018/08/search-is-on-for-fire-captain-missing-since-monday/

He was to have gone to L.A. Fitness to exercise and no one can confirm him swiping his card to enter.. No one can confirm any use of credit cards or any other activity. Being a captain, he has all the gate keys that we the people don't have, so he could have gone to very remote locations. Rumor only of a firearm owned, no confirmation. The vehicle should be easily spotted from the air if parked in off road locations. I have spent my search time going to areas with 100-200 ft. drops from paved roads and walked them.

Here are some other locations searched by first responders from other bulletins: Elsmere Canyon
Weldon Motorway
Peach motorway
Cross motorway
Road from FS 80 to old Camp 16
Pico Cyn motorway from the end of Pico Cyn to the 126
Dry Gulch motorway

Some additional info on where searches have taken place per Capt. Adam Clint:

We searched Weldon motorway, Peach motorway, Cross motorway, Dry Gulch from San Fransisquito to Lake Hughes, Templin Hwy, Ridge route up near Castaic.
San Fransisquito Motorway all the way to Wayside.
The motorway from FS 80 in Acton all the way to old Camp 16.
Elsmere Motorway from the 14 and Newhall to Sylmar
Los Pinetos motorway at the end of Newhall Ave up towards Placerita Cyn.
The copters flew around Bear Divide and Towsley Cyn, pico Cyn Motorway all he way to the 126.

Little Tujunga from Sand Canyon/Placerita Canyon may have been checked by Engine Company 123 and Camps 9 and 16

We have very little information on where he could be. The best thing we can do is keep your eyes open and call if you spot his vehicle.

Nothing planned by foot, but we have crews actively searching fire roads and some remote areas around Santa Clarita and Malibu. We also have Helicopters searching the backcountry as well.

Captain Habell I hope you’re okay. Mental illness can especially feel like a hopeless situation when in positions of power. Our society isn’t ready to understand how many people are suffering in silence for fear of being professionally and socially chastised or labeled incompetent.

Dang it. Captain Habell, you are so brave and selfless based on your career path and if nothing else I’m happy you have peace. Depression does not descriminate and I hope in my lifetime we have a society that treats the brain with as much care as they do the heart and lungs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back