CA CA - Wendy Byron, 24, Glendora, 26 Aug 1978

Her name is Wendy Susan Byron from Glendora, Los Angeles County, California. Samuel Little also lived in California; responsible for the murders of three women there. Wendy Susan Byron went missing August 26, 1978. Rankin County Jane Doe’s body was found days later.

Both were in their early-to-mid 20s. And looking at the composite drawing of Rankin County Jane Doe and the picture of Wendy Susan Byron side by side, you see remarkable similarities.
upload_2021-4-14_21-37-55.jpeg

“The look was just unbelievable and all the way down to certain characteristics of the teeth, so that got us interested in trying to see,” Ruth said.

The task at hand now is for a judge to approve exhuming the body of Jane Doe and getting DNA samples. Unfortunately for the case, serial killer Samuel Little died in prison December 2020, so any possible connection may never be known.

”....and I’ve spoken with people at the state medical examiner’s office and they feel confident that they can get DNA and possibly identify this person that has, this Jane Doe that’s in this grave here in Rankin County,” said Coroner Ruth.

Ruth continued, “And, you know, once you get her identified, if that’s done, then we could find family members and the family members may very could tell us who she may have been having problems with, which could maybe lead to the killer.”

Ken Dickerson says he thinks her body should be exhumed and DNA samples taken. “If...the case is ever solved, that’s what’s going to have to happen, Howard. DNA is going to have to be obtained.”

”I would love to see it solved and someone out there would love to know their loved one has been located, however they were located,” said Dickerson.

Ruth says he has spoken to a circuit court judge about the details of the cold case.
3 On Your Side Investigates: Rankin County’s Jane Doe cold case

The only photo of Wendy was from 1970 (the one at the beginning of this thread) and was a HS photo. I found her senior photo from 1972:
Screenshot (250).png
She was president of the school art club, a member of the all girl review, and in the modern dance club according to her section.

Here are all the photos of Wendy I could find:

I think that Wendy could still be alive. I did a little research and the day she disappeared she had the following with her:
(CLOTHES)- a pink blouse, blue pants
(ACCESSORIES AND JEWELRY)- a little blue suitcase and a "solitaire emerald" (it doesn't say what kind of jewelry this is)
Maybe her husband wasn't lying - perhaps she was leaving the relationship, it would explain the car at an airport and the alleged call from Wendy in Ohio.

I talked to the niece and it wasn't a niece actually, it was a neighbor (the woman was a girl at the time). She said Wendy was like a second mother figure to her and described the things they did together, such as the baking, sewing, decorating, etc. She recalled that the last time she saw Wendy was the day before she allegedly left, and apparently Wendy and Robert were arguing. The girl said that she planned to visit Wendy, but later chose not to after hearing the argument from outside. She said what Wendy was allegedly wearing was not like what she would wear normally, and that she didn't bring any vital items when she left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLawliet0
Back