CA CA - Westlake Village, AsnFem, 18-24, UP4301, skeletal, slight bild, rust colored sleeping bag, July'82

heartanium

Reaction score
Don't think she has a thread

Unidentified Female
Namus UP4301
D.B.F: July 18, 1982
Estimated PMI: Unknown
Estimated year of death: 1982
Location Found: Westlake Village, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Information:
Race: Asian
Height: 5' 0"(60 inches), Estimated
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Scars/Marking: Unknown
Clothing: Unknown
Accessories: A rust colored sleeping bag with red lining was found near the decedent
Circumstances: On 07/18/1982 these partial skeletal remains were found in an open area in Westlake Village. Race could not be determined but possibly Asian due to extreme slight build.

Contacts:
County of Los Angeles Department of Medical Examiner - Coroner - (323) 343-0512
Betsy Magdaleno, Medicolegal Death Investigator

0 Exclusions

Thanks for making this thread. I had no idea about this Jane Doe before.
Seems odd to me that they classified her as possibly Asian because of being petite.
Possible Wilson Chouest victim? I know he was captured in 1980 and this JD’s PMI is 1982, but PMI have been off before.
I was thinking this as well. Of course with my obsession with Ventura County Jane Doe, that's where my mind went. ;) Since she was skeletal, I wouldn't rule it out.

And also @Springrain @HmmMysterious she was found without clothing (well at least Namus doesn't list any) and Chouest liked to take purses, clothing etc, didn't he?

Are you thinking the timing of this murder would then be early/mid 1977, after he was released from prison for his probation offence/before he was arrested 10/77 for kidnap & rape? Or the 1980 era when he was released, around the same time as Tina and VCJD?

And also @Springrain @HmmMysterious she was found without clothing (well at least Namus doesn't list any) and Chouest liked to take purses, clothing etc, didn't he?

Are you thinking the timing of this murder would then be early/mid 1977, after he was released from prison for his probation offence/before he was arrested 10/77 for kidnap & rape? Or the 1980 era when he was released, around the same time as Tina and VCJD?
My thinking is that if this Jane Doe was killed by Chouest, it would most likely be in the 1980 era - which would narrow it down from between mid-June to mid-September 1980. We know that he for sure killed two women in 3 days in July, and committed a ton of other violent crimes in between being paroled in June and rearrested in September. That three month period was just absolutely packed with relentless violence from him and while I don't doubt that he committed countless other atrocities we don't know about in the other timeframes, my personal guess would be that if he did kill this Doe it would be during this timeframe.

Chouest left his victim's clothing and shoes on (although he left VCJD in a humiliating pose with her shirt pulled up to expose her breasts, but it was still "on" and at the crime scene), but I strongly suspect he stole their purses, wallets, and any jewelry they had, as both women had none of those personal effects and Chouest was a known thief, he committed a TON of robberies and thefts even for very small amounts of money. If those women had a dime on them or any purse/jewelry items that he could steal and pawn for any amount of money, I'm sure he would do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back